Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 06:32PM

http://youtu.be/kMZ86PGVOQk

The guy playing Joe even looks like him and talks with a slight lisp, just like Joe did!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2013 06:33PM by RPackham.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 08:29PM

Classic,

Mr D has met JSJr before as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U17Qs5nyRo

Date: August 18, 2013 11:33PM

Oh dear, Mr D has waded into trouble with the begging section of the video (where he gives "helpful" tips on refusing alcohol). He has been accused of contributing to rape culture and is apparently mortified and has posted a followup video clarifying his stance.

I suspect He made the "wine tips" video very early on in the saga of allegations against Shermer, before the gravity of the situation became apparent. Things are looking very bad for Shermer now. Mr D has previously shown that he is on the side of light, with his eyewitness account backing up one woman who had been getting slammed online for her story of assault; I think he deployed the defensive satire on behalf of his friend a bit prematurely in this case though.

The background to the sorry saga is here:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck/2013/08/12/sexual-harassment-accusations-in-the-skeptical-and-secular-communities-a-timeline-of-major-events/

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 11:35PM

I wondered what that was about! Thanks for the info and especially the link!

Date: August 18, 2013 11:40PM

Mr D's clarification is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXloqvGehqE

The church does not come off too well! It is worth a watch even if not concerned about the Shermer allegations.

Date: August 19, 2013 01:23AM

Hoooooleeeeeee Crrraaaaap!

I wouldn't have accepted the claim before reading this, but atheism/skepticism just might be a religion. It sounds like some top folks are carrying on like some Alabama evangelical preacher. Now I'm just waiting for the 48 Hours episode where they start staging murders to get away with crap.

WTF is going on with the rationals????? Now I'm not so sure these folks are really advancing western liberalism. However, I could be wrong, Jefferson had some picadillos, but different age different time.

Hey, top folks of atheist and skeptical organizations - your crap is like this (spread out across the field) and you need to get it like this (together)!!!!!

Is there another org. I can start looking to that is of the same mindset, but without the high school freshman approach to sexuality??

Date: August 19, 2013 01:42AM

That was one of the first things I thought - our leaders are acting just like religious leaders.

It is very sad. Hopefully, this will be a whopping wake up call to a lot of people and skepticism/secular humanism can move forward from here.

It has affected everything, from my favorite podcast (MonsterTalk) through to my favorite magazines. Crap. At least the whistleblowers are inside the movement, there is hope yet.

Date: August 19, 2013 01:47AM

That is a good point, let's wait and see the response to the whistleblowers! Humans are humans and therefore idiots will get through, but I expect our advanced wisdom to handle this better than others.

Currently, the way I feel is it better be a crapload better than the RC, morg, etc., response to their full rape cases. It may not be fair (and I may have misunderstood) to compare sexual harassment and assault to rape, but (in my opinion) not with thee guys. I expected more.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 01:52AM

I'm an atheist and I have no leaders nor do I belong to an organization -- although I'm considering joining Spokane Skeptics Society just for fun.

Date: August 19, 2013 02:06AM

You're right! The only leader I feel I have is dead. However, I hate to see the organizations that have titles that coincide with how I describe myself acting like this. It makes me feel tainted.

Posted by: exrldsgirl ( )
Date: August 18, 2013 08:54PM

I love Mr. Deity!!

Date: August 18, 2013 11:25PM

Mr. D. is a genius!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.