Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: utahfantasy ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 10:28PM

Hi All, I know you all have posted yours a few times but now I am ready to write mine and am looking for ideas and ways to format it. My wife gave me the green light to write both of ours (stoked about this obv).

A few questions though, do I need our membership numbers? I ripped up my temple recommend a while back so I don't have mine. I appreciate it.

Two less members coming up.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 10:36PM

Cool! Good luck.

Here's mine... http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,994693

Oh, and you don't need your MRN.

Posted by: JasonK ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 11:29PM

(I left tabs in place from the Word document; don't know if they'll carry over)
<Street>
<City>, <state> <zip>
<date>
Member Records Division, LDS Church
50 E North Temple Room 1372
Salt Lake City, UT 84150-5310

To whom it may concern,

This letter is my formal resignation from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I want my name permanently and completely removed from the membership rolls of the church. This decision has been made of my own free will and choice. I fully understand the implications of this decision in relation to LDS doctrine and practices.

I wish to have no further contact with the church except a letter confirming that my name has been removed from the records. My resignation should be processed immediately without a waiting period or exit interview.

Sincerely yours,

<full name>
Born: <Birthdate>
<full birth place>

Posted by: Timberland ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 02:31AM

Dear resignation-processing person,

Attached, please find the cut-outs of the markings from my garments. They're for sale. The Bishop and I are running away together. It's nothing personal, but tell the organization to piss off.

Very truly yours,

Adam (My New Name)
Full Name Here

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 09:54AM

Hahahaha!! Most original I've seen yet.

Posted by: Mani ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 02:50AM

Cheers to you both !

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 11:34AM

Here's mine:

I resign from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Remove my name from the records of the church.

Sincerely,
Brian Clark
Birthdate
Hand signature
Date of letter

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 11:41AM

There was a basic template available a while back that included waiving the 30 day waiting period. I used that one and included one original line.
"A contract entered into by an 8 year old is not binding in any way, remove me from your records."

I have no idea what my membership number was, I gave my birth date and full maiden name.
They skipped the 'ecclesiastical matter' letter and sent my confirmation to my NEW address which I never have yet forwarded anything to, in my MARRIED name, which they did not have in all the VT letters they sent me.
My parents were surprised that I had resigned, so I don't believe anyone gave up my info. The creeps just went sleuthing because they have free labor and like to make even minor shows of intimidation. 'You can move, but we know all about it!'
FTR, we still stayed full time at the old house for another year as it needed remodeling before we could sell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 11:45AM by WinksWinks.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 11:43AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.