Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DishyDoodle ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 05:48PM

So, the topic of married Mormon sex lead me to ask about your experiences in the Young Single's Bar Ward!

Are the singles wards still a hot-bed of iniquity they were in the late 80's/early 90's?

Do they kick people out of the ward once they hit a certain age?

I had a friend that was rushed to marriage because she had sex with her LDS boyfriend. But others said their Bishop told them to never associate with the person they'd transgressed with.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2013 05:56PM by healyourpast.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anon this time ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 06:06PM

I attended an 18-30 singles student ward at the UofU in the late 90's. It sure didn't seem like a "hot-bed of iniquity" to me. Of course, Mormons are good at being fake so who knows.

I made out with a fair number of girls (nothing sexual besides a tiny bit of dry humping and butt grabbing) but I quickly got labeled a "player." Most of the girls avoided me like the plague after I got that reputation. I figured if people were being naughty it was with someone they saw as a potential spouse and not just someone to fool around with. I was a good guy and never tried to cross the line but I just wasn't interested in getting serious with anyone at the time. I wonder now how easy it would have been to have sex with these girls if I pushed it.

It seems most of the time when someone fooled around it was before they "got active" again. I knew of several girls who have had sex, but it was usually with some non-member guy during an inactive, party phase of their life, and they started attending church to get back on the straight and narrow.

I did have a roommate who ended up having sex (he was losing his belief in the church anyway) and his girlfriend told the Bishop who contacted his Bishop and he was put on probation.

Posted by: anonthistime ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 06:28PM

Lol! Dry humping - I haven't heard that word since my BYU days.

Three out of around 15 roommates were "doing" their boyfriends when I was at BYU. I either caught them in the act or they outright told me they had done it. Of course, there may have been more.

Posted by: nonni ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 06:31PM

I never met anyone in a singles ward that appealed to me. It was a ward full of rejects, leftovers and unmarriageables.

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 06:39PM

One particular "player" in my UofU student singles ward got special brownies from one of his NCMO ex-make-out partners. I'm guessing he had to use the bathroom alot after he ate them, since they were laced with Ex-lax. So, no, to my knowledge, it didn't happen in my ward.

Posted by: mobegone ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 07:05PM

We had a couple of people disappear from our singles ward suddenly, evidently had babies about 7 months later. Plenty of other stories circulated. I was lucky in that there were some hooooooootttttt ladies in my ward, unlucky in that none of them would give me the time of day.... which looking back on my 18-19 year old self was pretty reasonable on their part.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 07:11PM

The under 30 wards are filled with nerds. Divorce singles and those over 30 that TSCC does not want to attend their single wards is a sex addict dream come true. TSCC pushes them away and they are lonely and looking for love.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 07:23PM

I have a friend in the over 30 singles wards and loves the parties/dances that he goes to. He says there are always women who are ready to hook up on the first date. They get lonely and he says it is pretty easy to talk to them and go home with them if he wants to.

I had another friend that divorced and got on LDS singles website and he said it was an awesome place to hook up and get sex. he used to tell girls that he was trying to "become more active" and that was the green light to their hearts and panties.

Posted by: greengobbledyguck ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 11:14PM

upsidedown Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a friend in the over 30 singles wards and
> loves the parties/dances that he goes to. He
> says there are always women who are ready to hook
> up on the first date. They get lonely and he says
> it is pretty easy to talk to them and go home with
> them if he wants to.
>
> I had another friend that divorced and got on LDS
> singles website and he said it was an awesome
> place to hook up and get sex. he used to tell
> girls that he was trying to "become more active"
> and that was the green light to their hearts and
> panties.

giddey

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 09:20PM

Los Angeles First Singles Ward, Temple Hill, Los Angeles, California. Late 80's/early 90's. I honestly can't speak to the volume of heterosexual sex, but that ward was BURSTING with gay RM's. Lard Jayzus Almighty . . . I *know* there was sex going on, but it wasn't with me!

The Bish of that ward actually gave a watershed talk (and passed out copies!) where he stated that "even the homosexual members of the ward had an obligation to live the law of chastity." No lie.

;o)

Posted by: DishyDoodle ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 09:47PM

I did a quick stint in the YSW, to please my TBM mother who hoped I'd become active and marry a RM. Every guy I went on a date with pretty much wanted to make out and grope me. (so, basically they were normal 20+ year old guys)

I went to the Bishop to complain and he said I looked too worldly. Wait, what???

Then there was the Poli Sci intern that invited me over after a dance and lit up the bong. Lol! I must have looked like the evil opposite of Molly Mormon, cause I never attracted a "good guy"!

Posted by: stationarytraveler ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 01:23AM

So, did you take a hit?

ST

Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 09:57PM

In the single ward I was in many girls would not get any dates or very view. Haven't heard of any wild things. We went on group dates like bowling or to the movies.

Posted by: tmac ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 11:00PM

If there was ever crazy sex going on in my YSA ward, I certainly was not involved. I couldn't get a date from any of these guys if I was the last woman on earth. Got plenty of attention from regular guys, so I know it wasn't me.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 11:26PM

MHO on this is as follows:

the Horny gals will jump ya on the First Date; whether or not they think it's 'wrong' really doesn't matter!

I was so obtuse that ... for a while... I thought (for a while) that only the 'unattractive' gals were horny... WRONG!

IDK if any of them ratted me out or not; I didn't hear squat about it on the downside...

Posted by: vodkamdew ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 11:37PM

I was in a singles ward from 07 to 09. Most of those days, I actually had sex with a guy and dated him for most of those two yrs. the bishop did not like us too much cuz we were always on probataion. I honestly didn't care.

I even lied to a bishop to get married in the temple. (Pressured to by parents and future in laws, didn't want to)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.