Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: happymomma ( )
Date: August 26, 2013 01:46AM

Hi there.
My name is Kelsey. I was baptized in October of 2012, and guess I rushed myself into it for reasons that I still don't know for this day. I guess I was looking for a peace in my life, and the way the church seemed so welcoming and perfect and everyone always invited me to their social activites, I was drawn to it quickly.
Anyways, almost a year later and I had never felt more stressed. I am a young single mom, student, and trying to make ends meet. I was going to a single ward, praying daily, and trying to make time for scriptures...as I would always be told it would "bless me", and if I didn't do that stuff I would feel so stressed because I wouldn't feel like I would be blessed, and believe me I need all the blessing I can get for my daughter and I. I was paying 10% of my already pathetic paycheck. Then 2 months after I got baptized I lost my job. I didn't feel any blessings coming. I felt like the church was dragging me away from time with my daughter. I felt guilty if I wanted to stay home with her instead of go do my calling or a fireside or leave her at home with my parents so I could go to my singles ward. I realized last week I'm tired of feeling guilty for wanting to put my daughter ahead of everything they ask for. I still love God, but not the one the presented to me. That one seems mean and hateful. Anyways. So last week I resigned from the church. I felt guilty the moment I did that! But I realized I don't believe what the church stands for, either, and much of their doctrine that I was never told about. It was the right thing. And today is the first Sunday I felt happy in awhile. I wasn't freaking cause I couldn't find anything to wear to church. I took my girl to the park, played puzzles with her, and baked brownies with her. I never felt so close to her with the church then I did today, which makes me sad because the church "promotes family togetherness." Or at least they think they do. Oh well. Sorry this is so long. Thankyou for listening :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.