Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SLBRod ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 12:42PM

It's time. I have been in the church 4 years now and recently a set of events just really made the realize it is time. My friend and former visiting teaching companion left the church stating she did not agree with certain doctrine. She still believed in God, but did not agree with church doctrine. To add to it I just recently found myself bad mouthing a man based on his opinion of the mormon church and called him a bitter ex-mormon who was wrong. I was wrong and the lord has eaten into me for it. For years now I have been questioning certain things and for years the lord tells me the same of certain things not being true yet because of fear of redicule I have stayed in the church none the less. I have made some great friends in the church and I dont want to loose them, but I no longer (or rather I have never) believed in certain doctrine. I think so many things were the making of the men of the church and not so much what the lord wanted and I believe so many others are in my shoes holding on to the belief that it is of the lord and at the same time thinking that certain things are not. I feel so weak for not just leaving sooner but I am so lost on what to do or where to begin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.