Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: WolfieSam ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 05:30PM

Alright, so I was a member of the church since I was a child. I have memories of being dragged to the church in tears because I didn't want to go.

That said, when I hit my teens, I threw myself into the church. I actually had found this forum and defended the church here, which is a fact I"m not proud of.

Anyway, I was really into it. I made sure to be modest, despised any conversations that were remotely sexual, and was constantly reading the scriptures.

And then one day my mom asked me if I was into girls. (I'm a girl myself.) She was asking, because if I was she didn't want me to have to hide in the closet, and she wanted me to know she would support me.

I told her no but began to think about it, and a year later I was in my first relationship with a woman and had come out as bisexual.

Strangely enough, I was still going to church, but I felt out of place as if they knew about my sexuality, I would be shamed and kicked out.

Finally, I had enough feeling that way and just quit going.

My father tried to get me to talk to a bishop about my "doubts", and still pushes me to return to the church, but I don't even count myself as a Christian anymore, I'm very much atheist.

He still doesn't fully support my sexuality, which has just kept me out of the church. I also hate how the men always got to be in positions of power, and I just couldn't.

I hated wearing dresses every week and whenever I asked if I could wear a suit instead it wasn't allowed.

I just had to leave cause of that environment and am so much happier without it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.