Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonski21 ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 12:49PM

Watching the train wreck. Such a creepy quality of Mormon women.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tig ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 12:51PM

...just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down....

Posted by: Annoying ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 12:53PM

This really bothers me. Just talk in a normal f***ing voice.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 02:21PM

Chieko Okazaki spoke with a normal voice. I don't know why these Morg women nowadays speak with weird voices.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 12:54PM

in case they missed it when Hales said it.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 12:56PM

and these men are prophets, and the topics are not assigned.

Posted by: seeking peace ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 01:03PM

Just read a synopsis--give me PTSD to listen! Did she really say:

A family is deficient if there is no priesthood holder at the head of it, in spite of the goodness and worthiness of the spouse.

I get so angry when I know that my kids are listening to this sh*t and worrying about dear ol' Dad--one of the world's best men!!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 06, 2013 09:24PM

That's a family church for you. Make sure the kids lose respect for their father. Put in a wedge here and a wedge there. Disgusting.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 06, 2013 09:43PM

If you want to give your children a blessing, give them one. You don't need special permission from a bunch of fake penisheads.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 01:08PM

Oh, the poor guy talking now is firmly glued to the teleprompter or his notes, rattling off quotes; sad, considering he's just talked about "free will" and following the command to do your calling.

At least he's says "closed quote" after a quote, so we know he's not ripping off someone else....

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 01:09PM

That's a pretty thoughtless comment. I know TBMs with great Dads, who just happened to be nevermos. That's pretty hurtful to them and their wonderful Dads.

Posted by: anon90 ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 01:11PM

That's not nice. I have a nine year old daughter who talks in her own genuine voice, and has her own personality. How dare you put her in the same class as these robot women;)

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 01:22PM

There was an underlying assumption throughout the talk that these poor families/individuals NEED the priesthood, although they may not know it. The women NEED righteous PH holders to rely on.
What hurt me was the speaker's belittlement of part-tbm families (like mine). I wonder how it made my tbm mom feel, being told that her family could be so much happier if I and the rest of my family were to find our faith again, and how much we'd be blessed.

And finally, although I'm male, those questions she asked to women didn't sit right with me in the least. "Do you know who you are? [No? Well let me tell you..] Are you worthy to receive ph blessings? Do you x and y and z? Are you a and b and c?"
More expectations for lds women to live up to!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 06, 2013 05:17PM

This idea that you need a priesthood leader in the home is SO damaging. Right now, my SIL is debating leaving her LDS husband because she caught him sexting another woman. This is the SIL that said after she re-married "Come to Family Home Evening - now that I have a REAL family." She already thinks her family, when she was a single mom, was deficient and married this sleezeball simply because he was LDS and wanted to marry her. If she heard that crap, she may be re-thinking her family situation. This is not the only thing he's done wrong and she really, really needs to get out. The whole family thinks so. Man, I hope she didn't hear this. The speaker who said this would be directly responsible for ruining live - not just of my SIL but her children - if my SIL takes her opinion seriously.

Posted by: Laban's Head ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 01:40PM

When I was a teen (TBM with inactive/partmember) parents, I was already having the normal issues a teen has with parents -- in particular, my father. Hearing this sort of thing at church just gave me ammunition to further disrespect my father. Afterall, he was not being an appropriate PH leader in our household.

I place some of the blame on TSCC that I had such a difficult relationship with him. The church taught me that he was really of little worth. It is a dangerous and damaging teaching.

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: October 06, 2013 04:55PM

Same......they give you a sense that somehow you're being denied a wonderful, happy home because your dad is not a priesthood holder. They teach you to judge and think less of him, and yes even blame him for it.

The church is one big head game.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 06, 2013 04:48PM

I realize that church people, not just the LDS speakers, use showmanshp and drama to help sell their product. However, I too find it disgusting, distracting, and disengenuine (did I just make-up a new word ?) and it bugs the crap out of me.

I have family members who turn into someone else when they pray. And, now I have grandchildren copying their parents who copy the general authority clowns. Do they think that by talking softly and using unusual intonation that this makes their prayers and talks extra-special? I feel that they are saying that they, the deliverers of the prayers and talks, are extra-special people and they have a special pathway to the Lard because of it. They will make sure that we are taken care of because they are speaking and praying.

Makes me gag.

Posted by: jujubee ( )
Date: October 06, 2013 06:54PM

This talk bugged me too. Single women are capable of running their homes without the priesthood. Non member men can act like husbands/fathers without it. If you don't have it in your home and want a blessing, ask your dad or hometeacher. sheesh.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: October 06, 2013 07:31PM

My mother once told my sister to listen to the priesthood holders in her house, that is, her 12 and 13 year old sons.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 06, 2013 07:58PM

Adult women who hand over their authority to underage boys because of some made up bullshit are so fucking pathetic it's not even funny.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: October 07, 2013 12:08AM

My point exactly, Tristan.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.