Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: muckformonism ( )
Date: November 13, 2013 11:55PM

My extended family is a group of etremely devout, single minded bigots. You know, the typical Utah TBM. Among all of us only my cousin and I have left the church, though not officially resigned. We also both have the displeasure of working for the same family member whose life consists of work and church.

My boss said to my cousin "We have been talking about giving you a raise. We still havent decided on it yet, but it sure would be nice to see you at church."

Its complete bullshit that someone can make a comment like this and think it is ok. Goes to show what a hold the church can have on people and every aspect of life, even after "leaving."

Anyone had any experience with anything like this or hear of it happening to someone?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 01:27AM

I have seen it happen over and over again where money and manipulation are paired together so as to get someone to do what you want them to. Church, school, employment, families, you name the place and it goes on.

How hard for your cousin to have this demand on him when it is connected with his employment. Sounds to me like he has some difficult decisions ahead of him.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 01:52AM

I didn't get a job at a STATE run college in Utah. I heard from a VERY reliable source that if I had had a Temple recommend, I would have got it. That is ILLEGAL since it was not BYU but a state run college.
What did I do? Moved the FUCK away from there and don't miss Utah at all.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 02:25AM

that's the way Utah is. church has no separation between school, work, politics

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.