Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 01:30PM

Around 100 years age back in the 19-teens The Great Jehovah/Elohim/Michael/Holy Ghost stopped broadcasting. Either that or His/their servants stopped listening to His/their broadcasts.

They gave their last revelation back then.
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/138
They architected their last building back then.
http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/articles/facts/
"The Cardston Alberta Temple was the first for which the First Presidency invited architects to submit their original designs. (All previous designs had been received by direct revelation.)"

And incidentally, His/their servants started broadcasting.
http://www.mormonchannel.org/about/media-timeline

I figure one of two things happened.

1. God got LDS Inc. to the point where God no longer needed direct involvement with His restoration project...

OR

2. His/their servants went rogue when technology gave these servants the ability to reach so many people and stopped listening to God's broadcast so these servants could do their own.

Playing God much?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: joejoe50 ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 02:59PM

How can you get more revelation when the one's JS got haven't been completely nailed down yet? The more revelation you get, the more apologizing/justifying/editing there is to do in the future. They have businesses to run and property to buy. There's no time left to get revelations.

Date: November 14, 2013 05:18PM

joejoe50 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's no time left to get
> revelations.

How true. Why didn't I think of that???

Posted by: soju ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 05:22PM

This bothered me a TON when I was TBM. I avoided the problem by assuming that all of the 15 up top talked with god on a regular basis, but chose not to tell anyone about it because sacred. And pearls or swine or something about throwing things. It was a big a-ha! moment when I realized that they *didn't* talk to god. A much, much simpler, and more believable, explanation for the "no revelation recently" thing.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 05:36PM

You summed up the situation about not-so-on-going-revelations superbly joejoe50.

They have trouble enuf now attempting to make things work with ole joe's revs---imagine if they had twice that amount to deal with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2013 05:36PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: elbert ( )
Date: November 14, 2013 11:21PM

But seriously, when was the last time God appeared to anyone (anyone), that is according to the Old Testament? (He never did in the NT) I hadn't thought about it but R. Elliot Friedman (Who Wrote The Bible) points it out in The Disappearance of God.

Date: November 15, 2013 12:59PM

Apparently God appeared to Joseph Smith Junior. Loads of stuff came out of that meeting. He also had other people take up his work and produced a little bit themselves especially that polygamy retraction.

Why when radio appears on the scene God takes the cue to leave off the direct involvement?

Posted by: Facsimile 3 ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 12:01AM

And that last "revelation" was actually just a dream.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.