Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lenina ( )
Date: January 01, 2014 12:45AM

Here's the score: I've received 3 Happy New Year texts from three men who want to sleep with me, but I don't reciprocate the feeling. Only one of them I felt comfortable responding to.

One man outside of those three is supposed to be moving in with me next week. I texted him Happy New Year six hours ago and still haven't heard back. He struggles with alcoholism but he is so sensual and delicious.

Man number 5 is the one I dream of most, and the one whose company I have most recently enjoyed. He is a prominent yoga instructor and featured in websites and news articles all over the capital city here, and has sworn me to secrecy about our trysts in order to keep his private life out of the public eye and not let it interfere with his classes. And I can only speculate there are so many others who he holds to the same vows of secrecy but I'd never wish to discuss such fragile thrings with him. He is most wonderful above all, and any hotblooded human has every right to be in love with him. Therefore I know better than to call, text, email, flirt, etc even though he occupies all of my wishes & daydreams.

And the grand default:

I am alone most nights and tonight because the men who want me and the men I want are not synching up.

Happy New Year :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: January 01, 2014 12:48AM

Wow!!! Sorry love, don't know where to start on that!! Just sorry you are alone!! Happy New Year, and Good Luck, I think with this mish mash of men in your life - you may need it!

Date: January 01, 2014 12:58AM

:'-( Thank you fluhist

Date: January 01, 2014 01:05AM

And this is somewhat relevant here too because the delicious alcoholic is Mormon. He still clings to tscc because he wants to master the WoW. For that purpose tscc is a good influence for him. He has his eye on that goal to overcome his addictions.

Posted by: spicyspirit ( )
Date: January 01, 2014 02:37AM

No way. Alcohol and shaming DO NOT mix.

Date: January 01, 2014 02:39AM

I don't think he feels shamed. He feels hope.

Date: January 01, 2014 02:47AM

But I'm 90% certain he is getting wasted right now. He is very dependent on chemical highs. He's not happy without them :'-(

Still he considers the WoW his goal, a light on his horizon.

Posted by: 404 ( )
Date: January 01, 2014 02:59AM

lenina Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's the score: I've received 3 Happy New Year
> texts from three men who want to sleep with me,
> but I don't reciprocate the feeling. Only one of
> them I felt comfortable responding to.
>
> One man outside of those three is supposed to be
> moving in with me next week. I texted him Happy
> New Year six hours ago and still haven't heard
> back. He struggles with alcoholism but he is so
> sensual and delicious.
>
> Man number 5 is the one I dream of most, and the
> one whose company I have most recently enjoyed. He
> is a prominent yoga instructor and featured in
> websites and news articles all over the capital
> city here, and has sworn me to secrecy about our
> trysts in order to keep his private life out of
> the public eye and not let it interfere with his
> classes. And I can only speculate there are so
> many others who he holds to the same vows of
> secrecy but I'd never wish to discuss such fragile
> thrings with him. He is most wonderful above all,
> and any hotblooded human has every right to be in
> love with him. Therefore I know better than to
> call, text, email, flirt, etc even though he
> occupies all of my wishes & daydreams.
>
> And the grand default:
>
> I am alone most nights and tonight because the men
> who want me and the men I want are not synching
> up.
>
> Happy New Year :-)

someone had a bit much to drink tonight?

Date: January 01, 2014 03:02AM

Not me. I'm still Mormon-ified when it comes to alcohol. I'm just laying here with my iPad wishing I was laying here with my yoga instructor instead.

Posted by: Athena ( )
Date: January 01, 2014 12:38PM

Alcoholism gets worse. If it doesn't go away, it gets worse. And it rarely goes away without serious help.

Once he lives with you, you will be stuck housing an alcoholic who makes vague promises to get sober but never does. If he does not, he will be unable to work, relying on you for support. He will borrow your car and get DUIs or crash it. He will be completely unable to give you the support and connection that a real relationship involves, but since he's in your life (and your house), your life will revolve around his needs and his new drama and you will be unable to seek a real relationship that does give you what you need.

After you've wasted enough months or years waiting for him to change, you will try to get him out of your house, but by then he will have nowhere else to go, no money, and no friends - because that's what alcoholism eventually does. He will use this to play on your sympathies to keep you with him to enable him. You will waste more time and energy trying to get rid of him than you wasted on him in the first place.

And if you get pregnant, it gets exponentially worse. You will NEVER be free of him and his issues.

You can't save him. Don't try. Don't do this to yourself. Be his friend, but DO NOT let him move in. You will regret this for a long time.

(By the way, the yoga guy sounds like a convenient fantasy - he can be anything you want because you don't have a real relationship with him either.)

Posted by: notinthislifetime ( )
Date: January 01, 2014 06:30PM

Good solid advice. I was once married to an alcoholic and it was a non relationship of empty promises. Bit by bit your soul will be sucked right out of you.

Posted by: Yaqoob ( )
Date: January 01, 2014 12:46PM

You have far fewer problems than most of the single ladies I know.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 01, 2014 07:54PM

Living with an alcoholic who hasn't been able to 'fix' his problem will soon become YOUR problem. From what I've lived through and know about the subject, you're about to bring a shit storm of problems into your life. You're much better off fantasizing about the yoga guy until a REAL man comes into your life.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.