Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Shiner Bock ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 11:10AM

This morning I have been on Youtube listening to some of the speeches of Dr. Martin Luther King. While listening to the speech "A knock at midnight" I was moved to tears and then I made the mistake of looking in the top right hand corner and seeing the "promoted video". When I saw the phrase "...and I'm a Mormon" I saw red!

Those assholes! Those stupid fucking bastards!!! The apostles during the 1960s looked at Dr. King as if he were scum and trash and now they have the audacity to attach their stupid propaganda to his name?

If any of those lowlife shitheads who call themselves apostles today had one ounce of conscience they would issue a proclaimation begging the family of Dr. King for forgivness!

Thomas Shithead Monson is not worthy to come within 10 miles of Dr. Kings grave and yet they now want people to think they just LOVE black people and always have.

The First Presidency and the Twelve are nothing more than a bunch of dishonorable creeps and HYPOCRITES!!!! Instead of having lessons about their profits, the LDS Church should have lessons about a true prophet, Dr. Martin Luther King.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 11:25AM

Can you spell hypocrosy..hypicrosy...HYPOCRACY?????

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 11:29AM

Do they think no one is going to notice when they jump on the bandwagon after being a hindrance and critic?

I predict that sometime in the future, Mormons and religion in general will be taking credit for granting gay rights...as if they weren't obstacles in the first place.

The frustrating thing is that the feeble minded believers who don't research anything actually accept what Big Brother PRESENTLY teaches. It doesn't seem to bother them that the history has gone down the memory hole.

If anything, religious leaders should be apologizing for the roles and views they held in the past instead of acting like they were part of the progression. It's hypocritical for them to act like they aren't, IMO.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 04:07PM

>I predict that sometime in the future, Mormons and religion in general will be taking credit for granting gay rights...as if they weren't obstacles in the first place.

The Corporation already is. Last year, a spokesman for LD$,Inc. made a public statement that the LDS church was in the forefront of granting gay rights - based on their support of Salt Lake's gay rights ordinance.

Yeah, I know... total BS, but they are already staking out the position that they have never opposed gay rights.

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 11:47AM

The "Knock at Midnight" youtube video I watched came with a promoted video from British Petroleum (BP).

The lesson? If you are a person with a vision for a better society and not a ripoff artist, ripoff artists will attach themselves to you. There's no other way for scam artists to get a little of the shine of integrity, or of true compassion. They have none of their own, so they have to steal it.

I agree that it is particularly egregious for mormons to attempt to get a free ride on the coattails of MLK's reputation. We only have to go back to the era of Ezra Taft Benson (1980s, part of the 1990s) to find the LDS Church actively courting the John Birch Society, attacking MLK as a communist stooge, and repeating the lie about less-than-valiant behavior in the pre-existence to account for darker skin.

Those fucking assclams who run TSCC will stoop to anything to get their way. They have, in fact, learned to turn off whatever ethical restraints they may once have had, all in order to make more money and acquire more power. I used to think that perhaps the brighter lights in TSCC could rehabilitate the worst aspects of the TSCCC, working toward reform. Now I think the asshats at the top of the organization, and those that work most closely with them, are hopeless. They can't be rehabilitated. But they can be weakened. Bring them into the light of day.

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 12:08PM

Pretty quickly someone browsing the sidebar of videos finds that there are all manner of Pro-Mormon videos, some of them put out by the faithful who just can't imagine that someone would attack the church. Only bigots would do so.

I was watching a Shawn McCraney video, the one where he talks to a 55 year old brainwashed Mormon woman who talks in contradictions, and saw links to DefendingMormonism's videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOwBrhaNBps&feature=related. These pieces of pious candy talk about Mormonism from an altitude of 20,000 feet, never bothering to mention problems in the history presented.

These sweet, simple, deceptive cartoons about Mormonism, there is a series of them, such as here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SDxWoiCAZQ&feature=related, make my skin crawl with their saccharine clarity and convenient non-treatment of complications. Oh, and comments have been turned off. I keep looking for the Exmo version of these simple animations--these aren't from Xtranormal video. These are voice-over narrations with clear, attractive animations.

Fun video of a guy disproving Mormonism in about two minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oUb3jWJFrQ&feature=related. His "Mormon Trap" video is good too, but about 8 minutes long: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKUiq9XnfPk&feature=related.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2011 03:37PM by derrida.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 12:39PM

I find it very telling with the church's whole "join the internet conversation" push that comments are NEVER allowed. Um, that's not a conversation when you have to squash the differing points of view.

CULT.

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 12:54PM

Thanks for the link to the guy disproving mormonism in less than two minutes. Funny. I wish the quality were better. Still good, though.

When I went to watch that video, the top promoted video was "...and I am a mormon." Yech! [spits]

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 02:17PM

They are spending more millions on advertising. I have not seen anywhere saying that the LDS is contributing to this awful disaster or this. NO. I see their radios, tv commercials, god damn advertising everywhere, there hundred thousand dollar condos and four million dollar mall. The church helps people my ass!

Posted by: thedrive ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 12:49PM

And then the house of cards will come tumbling down. It's happening on a daily basis.

And they know it but they still keep spending the tithing money. It's all about the appearances.

And, if they would ever stop the members would wonder why and start asking questions. That can't happen and the bretheren know it.

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 12:54PM

Excuse me but the church is the same yesterday, today and forever or for at least 20 years (regarding things that are forbidden while they are still in style) or until the members forget what they used to say about something. Reminds me of the governer's dance number in "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texax."

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 02:39PM

I remember taking all kinds of flack because I refused to believe in the "curse of Cain" in the early seventies. Now those a-holes want to attach themselves to MLK? I'm angry too.

Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 02:57PM

This same thing happened to me on Thursday afternoon. I'm at school, in a computer lab, working on some project for a class, & watching bootleg Iron Maiden videos on YouTube. Anyway, I go to select a new video to watch, & there is was. That damn 'I'm A Mormon' video right in the corner!!!! I was speechless!!!! WTF did they think they were trying to do?!? Trying to make people confuse Joseph's Myth with Adrian Smith (aka The Coolest Man Ever)?!? LOL Argh I'm getting even more mad just thinking about it.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 03:58PM

Cuz I use Firefox:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

and gots the add-on thingie called Adblock Plus! It works! Blocks all the Mo-krap!!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

As well as all them annoying ads with cars going whizzing by!!!

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 05:49PM

yeah, I use firefox too and I never see those ads. I have malware and adware blockers running as well.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 06:29PM

Oh so true. MLK, although not perfect, was indeed a man who many could call prophet. None of the LDS higher ups have anything on him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.