Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nationalnewscampaign ( )
Date: April 04, 2014 09:16PM

I just looked up the stake I grew up in on LDS.org. It had 3 buildings with 9 wards when I was growing up. Now the same 3 buildings have just 7 wards in them. In the heart of the Morridor.

Anybody else?

I'm really interested. You can go on LDS.org and type "ward locator" in the search box.

How many wards were in your stake when you were growing up and how many are there now?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2014 09:30PM by nationalnewscampaign.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: isthisnameok? ( )
Date: April 05, 2014 06:50AM

I grew up in a small town outside of the "Morridor". When I first joined the cult, there were two wards in town. It was a big f'n deal for the mo's that such a small town could have two (wow) wards. It now has one (ohhhh) ward.

The ward my wife still attends announced a while ago that they were studying the idea of splitting and creating a new ward due to all of the new "growth". In the end they ended up just readjusting the ward boundaries between to existing wards. Why no new ward as they suggested might come? Turns out they did it 100% for geographical reasons after people were complaining that they lived close to the ward "A" building than the ward "B" building and so on. As for the "growth"? LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.