Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DuckyWucky ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 05:26AM

To any of you scared to leave the cult,
I had, for months, contemplated 'faking it' for the rest of my life.
I left in December last year after 5+ years of church membership.

I lost my wife in the process. She was blindly obedient, and we were meant to try and have our first child this year... I decided however, that I wasn't willing to bring up MY children in some blind obedience fraud organisation.

It wasn't an easy decision.

I've been struggling with depression for the past few months but in April things have been starting to get better for me (without medication) and all I can say now is that I feel so amazing.

I'm so glad I didn't waste any more time in the cult. I don't have to pay them any more money. I don't have to sit down and watch conference knowing that I'm listening to fraudsters. I don't have to waste 3 hours at church every Sunday. I can live again. I don't have to be a volunteer for a fraud organisation (have a calling). I've even had a few beers over the past few months.

Now don't let the church trick you... I'm still a good person. I still help people. I still put others before myself often.

The mormons will always tell you of the happiness they find in the gospel... I've now found happiness I never knew existed after feeling trapped... and then leaving it all behind... Stop listening to the church. Stop lying to yourself....
PUT YOURSELF FIRST!

I know that now I will FOREVER be happy with myself that I was true to myself, and I put my future kids first.

If you are scared of leaving, you DO have a reason to be. Because - It's not going to be easy. BUT - It is going to be worth it.

I hope this helps somebody.

PS: Any people considering getting baptised reading this... I stumbled across these forums BEFORE getting baptised but still chose too. I'm telling you now that you can find positivity and purpose in life elsewhere. EVEN if you decide you want to be religious... find another non-denominational christian church or something.. Don't waste your time, money and emotions here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: April 17, 2014 05:43AM

Posted by: GymGuy333 ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 06:44AM

GREAT, thank you for sharing!

Posted by: justme ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 08:27AM

Thank you for this message!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 09:02AM

I'm glad you made it out of the Mormon church and that you've survived it's harsh consequences in your personal life.

You're very brave and you give hope to others. Many thanks.

Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 09:10AM

Thanks for sharing. I am sorry about your marriage but you did the right thing by not faking it the rest of your life, that is no way to live.

You will find happiness elsewhere. I think that is the biggest message there is. Life does go on.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 09:19AM

Very well said. Every Mormon on the planet needs to read this. Unfortunately many won't, but this will surely help some of them see the light.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 10:33AM

What an absolutely beautiful story not only of survival but of renewal. That's the best part--the renewal. True resurrection. You made my day.

I found so much more happiness out of the church and always get excited for anyone else who did as well.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 10:41AM

Beautiful story, DuckyWucky!!!

I am SO HAPPY for you...and I wish all the happiness in the WORLD in your wonderful new life!!!

:) :) :)

Posted by: Lightworker ( )
Date: April 18, 2014 02:25PM

This message board would do best if it will fill a sticky with all the positive experience people have after leaving the fraud. That would have a bigger impact than about the painful discovery of truth over an extended time. The "FEAR" factor is the big weapon the COJLDS uses against its followers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.