Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: March 01, 2011 10:35PM

The bishop came over with a member from the Stake Presidency who is also in the ward. They wanted to discuss our status as members.

My husband said he no longer considered himself a member, and I said about the same thing.

They stayed for an hour and a half and we chatted about all sorts of things.

Then we handed them our resignation letter.

I don't know how to feel. Kind of sad, kind of relieved, kind of a little bit of everything.

All in all it was a good visit...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2011 10:36PM by heather.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: March 01, 2011 10:42PM

I would be thrilled. But if they handled it well and were not A__holes then I can see how it could cause some sad feelings. After all it is the end and someone had to be told. You will soon thrive in your new freedom and soon experience all kinds of new things.

Just remember that anyone who treats you badly, due to this, was not a friend in reality anyhow. Their friendship was conditional. Congrats and do something soon to celebrate. Your past is just that YOUR PAST. So good luck in your future and know that it is sure to be brighter.

Posted by: LochNessie ( )
Date: March 01, 2011 10:46PM

You made a big step so yeah your going to be feeling a lot of different things. I'm glad the visit went well that probably made it easier. Congrats on your new life of freedom!

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: March 01, 2011 10:58PM

Now you know you're free!

Posted by: Nebularry ( )
Date: March 01, 2011 11:07PM

today is the first day of the rest of your life. Go out and enjoy it! CONGRATULATIONS on your newfound freedom.

Posted by: rallychild ( )
Date: March 01, 2011 11:19PM

Congratulations! Be happy about your decision, don't have any regrets. Just like the others have said in this thread, YOU ARE FREE! Live life how YOU want, not how TSCC wants you to live.

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: March 01, 2011 11:23PM

How wonderful that you left together! Congratulations

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: March 02, 2011 09:40AM

Life is going to feel and be more free.

I am feeling strange today. I feel a loss. I have been mentally out for two years, but now it's final.

The bishop kept letting us know we had 30 days to change our minds. Even though I feel sad, I'm not stupid. ;)

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 02, 2011 12:05PM

However, I am not complaining, and I will adjust! What you are feeling is simply a reaction to a dramatic change. When your new reality stops being new, it will stop feeling strange. And at least when I resigned, it took just a couple weeks for the change to completely settle in, but I had been "out" for a couple decades when I found out I could resign. That may have helped.

You will not be on a ward list ever again. No EQP will assign you HTers ever again. You will not be on the agenda at PEC ever again. You will not be expected to accept a "calling" ever again. You will not be ordered to tithing settlement ever again.

I'd call that a good day. La'chaim!

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: March 02, 2011 12:11PM

stronger and stronger. In a while, you will see it all with different eyes and wonder how you ever believed any of it. Happy Trails!

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: March 02, 2011 12:08PM

Based on what you've said I think with time you'll be glad things are resolved.

Good luck to you and your family.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.