Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 06:52PM

Does it make sense to create a new and improved Mormonism? Whatever changes are made to the LDS church it's still built upon a fraud perpetrated by JS. What is the foundation of NOM or any other reincarnation of the church? I just cannot see the point of reform.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 07:03PM

Tom, I've always thought that a protest movement/reformation would happen in the LDS church due to LD$ inc's harsh stance to LGBT members. Whereas the inane black priesthood ban only affected a very few TBM families, almost every family has LGBT
Relatives. It's awful when parents have to choose between a harsh faith system and their children.

I know many more parents of gay children who are standing by their kids rather than by TCSS. To those who support the church over family members--go fuck off!

The Boner

Date: July 26, 2014 07:56PM

The protest movement/reformation isn't going to change the foundation of the church. Changing the LGBT stance, or other doctrinal changes may help people feel better about TSCC, but the root of it all still comes down to JS's fraud. IMO protesting and reforming seems like a total waste of time and energy.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 08:23PM

It isn't a waste. Reformation movements have changed many religions, including Mormonism.

Dropping the idea of God is probably the best thing for them, but it certainly isn't a waste of time.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 07:08PM

The only reformers I know personally are still TBM and think the church has just gotten off track with overly human leadership. They don't think God is the problem, or even doctrine since it is all changeable.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 08:22PM

A lot of people are heavily invested in the religion and in the culture. They aren't ready to do what we've done and move on. What they are trying to do is to change the culture to make it a little bit more palatable for them and for their daughters.

It would be much better that they actually do leave Mormonism and find a healthier way of life, but their choice is not my choice and I hope they are successful.

Posted by: Saucie ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 08:46PM

Trying to reform mormonism is like bejewling a turd.... it may look

a little better but its still Sh*t. Why bother.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 08:53PM

I agree with you but I usually say candy coated. I like your idea better!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 09:33PM

Susan I/S Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree with you but I usually say candy coated.
> I like your idea better!

Thanks Susan ;)

Date: July 26, 2014 09:44PM

My thoughts exactly. A turd in any disguise is still a turd.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 09:48PM

Ya, but do you want a turd in the toilet or on the kitchen floor?

Date: July 26, 2014 09:58PM

Preferably flushed then sprayed with Glade.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 09:04PM

Or any religion for that matter..

Ron Burr

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 09:12PM

Saucie, LMAO!!!!! I feel like embroidering that one into a cushion!

Posted by: Saucie ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 09:33PM

Do it Aquarius 123..... its a keeper .... Hahahahahhahhahah

Posted by: sophia ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 11:59PM

When people start to understand how thoroughly betrayed they have been, it's really pretty normal for them to seek to have the church leadership live up the the standards of honesty and integrity that they themselves have been taught and held to. As most people here should know, leaving the church is really hard if you've got family members who are still in and who won't listen to reason.

So I think it is a very good thing that there are people who are willing to try to work for change from within. It may be lipstick on a pig, or other metaphors stated above, but for all of us who have loved ones who are still in, I am glad that there are people who try to hold the church leadership accountable for their dishonesty. Mormonism changes. Always has, always will. Staying in and pushing for those changes to come sooner, working to get them changed, is a worthwhile endeavor.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 12:18AM

Life force spent....

Exposing the Mormon fraud.

Making the Mormon fraud nicer for Mormons.

It's a lifestyle choice. As stated above, I have Mormons in my life. I want them to be as happy as possible. Perhaps that means helping them have their little, troubled, fundamentalist belief system that is being dragged reluctantly into the the era forty years now past.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.