Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 07:53PM

I have this friend who just got done with his two year brainwashing period, also known as missions. He seems to have succeeded with flying colors in losing anything which made him even remotely normal.

Well honestly, we aren't friends in any real sense of the word, we just went to high school with each other, however, he manages to annoy the hell out of me anyway.

He left as an arrogant, conceited, dorky whiny boy and came back as a two year later version of himself who now brags about speaking Portuguese.

He didn't even manage to get a tan.

Anyway today his whines were about google and this

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=what%20is%20mormonism%3F

He's going on about how mormons are so persecuted and how google needs to change their answer.

Yeah whatever, mormons have no right to complain.

They need to really fess up to the institutionalized racism in the past, not just continue denying it/ throwing others under the bus.
"Everyone else was doing it"

They need to take a look at the second class citizens of the church, otherwise called women, and make sure they aren't second class. Forget that gender role tripe.

They need to stop creating/engendering hate groups which target certain minorities, such as gays.

They need to stop acting like they have all the answers when in reality they have jack shit.

Once those steps are taken, then we can talk about how to stop "persecuting" mormons, until then I cant be bothered to care overly much, because frankly, the church deserves every ounce of it for being such a shoddy, back peddling, family eating excuse of a religion.

Personally, I think the link is a little lame. I dont understand what the obsession is over Jesus though. Watching two groups of christians argue over who loves jesus more is like watching two inmates in an insane asylum argue over who is more certifiably unstable.

But nonetheless I sent feedback to google telling them there is nothing wrong with their answer.

I am just bitter like that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 07:59PM by nonsequiter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 08:09PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Mormons treat people in ways they would never tolerate being treated and then howl when their victims object, fight back, call them on their bad behavior etc. Take anything you said above and put a Mormon in place of the victim of bad Mormon behavior and just visualize how they would react. Seriously - target Mormons as a second class group or start a campaign to stop their right to temple marry and you can imagine how they'd act. But they turn right around and do it to someone else then blame them for not bending over and taking it.

And that's why no one respects Mormonism. It isn't Google. Google just tells it like it is and they don't like that one bit.

Date: September 22, 2014 08:14PM

Nice. The next time I hear a mormon say one word about gay marriage, I am going to tell them I am starting a campaign to end temple marriage ceremonies.

Posted by: neverevermo ( )
Date: September 23, 2014 01:06AM

+a billion

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 08:09PM

They claim the jackboot on my face was marred by my struggles to free myself. Patent leather cries out for sympathy from the unshod. They tried to shoehorn me into their narrow wing tips and howled at me like colicky babies for going barefoot by choice.

Fuggem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 08:11PM by donbagley.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 08:45PM

Fuggem? Most be pure fucking Adamic!

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 08:47PM

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 08:18PM

I don't see what he was complaining about. I clicked your link and the first search entry was an official LDS site. Now the second entry was anti-Mormon and slightly inaccurate, but nobody gets everything they wish for.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 08:25PM

It must be really maddening for the poor persecuted Mormons to go to google and find that not only does it not say they are the one true church, it even says they deny Christ. That is ridiculous since everyone knows Jesus is nearly as important as Joseph Smith to Mormons.

Now that is serious persecution. Forget all the people trying to escape ISIS, that's nothing compared to what the Mormons have to endure with people always calling them on their bigotry.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 08:38PM

I personally think most mormons love and feel pride 'in knowing, not just believing, beyond a shadow of a doubt' that the world persecutes them.

It is their bread and butter, main course, jello, and dessert. Their history has taught them that the gentiles were so evil and hating and unfair to them. as well as prophet after leader and leader after prophet has added line after story-line to this same tale right up to the present. New items that they are persecuted for are continually added, as well as the old ones drug from the cobwebs and revisited.

It makes members the center of attention as well as bigger than life.

They love wearing the Badge of Perscution. Do NOT, anyone, dare rip it from their clothes.

And, don't forget that blessings are heaped on their heads because of their suffering which guarantee them a SPECIAL place in heaven. This, again, only guarantees that the cycle will keep going on and on, and if real persecutions don't exist, they will make more than enough up.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 08:47PM by presleynfactsrock.

Date: September 22, 2014 08:43PM

A Persecution Complex is so ingrained in Mormonism that it's hard to imagine the Morg without it. So the question is, "what does Mormonism gain from its mythology of persecution?" Plenty!

It gives the leaders tools to control its members with a "us against them mentality." It promotes the catch-all that the old fucker Satan is fighting against everything pure and holy exemplified by God's last hope for the Earth (Mormonism), and it gives the TSCC license to scapegoat others.

This last item is what is so fucking wrong with the Morg. It has constantly objectified minorities, "Gentiles", women, and LGBTQ people. That the Morg is so good at enculturating its young is of great concern. The mission experience constraints growth and broader world views that most late teens experience through life. It's no coincidence that the late teens and early twenties are a time of idealism and finding life passions. Rather than encourage productive actions, the Morg feeds the percussion myth.

I would hope that your former acquaintance comes back to reality soon. The good news is that I hear many RMs eventually figure out what a sham TSCC is. Boner.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 09:44PM

It gives them an excuse to mistreat others.

Posted by: Meri ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 10:12PM

but it's an accurate definition; what's the problem? :0

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: September 22, 2014 10:19PM

If the CULT is persecuted it is because they BEG others to do that. BEG BEG BEG....no religion is as irritating.

blueorchid - "Jesus is nearly as important as Joseph Smith to Mormons" EXCEPT that as JS said, he (JS) was more successful than was Jesus Christ. ARROGANT AS*HOLE!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 10:21PM by verilyverily.

Date: September 23, 2014 12:22AM

Actually... Joseph Smith never said that.

I think it was John Taylor.

And the quote actually goes something like:

No man has done more for the salvation of others, save Jesus Christ, than Joseph Smith.

So Joseph is placed just under jesus.

Date: September 23, 2014 01:05AM

This is from Sandra Tanner's website. Horny Joe makes quite a boast here, implying his is greater than Jesus.

"Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet...When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go." (History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 408, 409) [Whole sermon click here.]

Pretty fucking boastful! Boner.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.