Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 03:12AM

Hopefully enough members will protest that these dorks will get the message that they've crossed a line.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 03:13AM

I can't believe these people call themselves New order Mormons. Their BS alarms are ringing off the hook and they are just pressing the snooze button. What a waste of life. They should come to RFM.

Posted by: poin0 ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 06:31AM

I read that forum occasionally, many of them don't believe at all, and a lot of them intend to stop attending church in the future. Others think they can't quit and want to try and change the church for the better (which isn't exactly a bad thing imo, I've got loved ones still in the church).

I myself had a period of a few years where I didn't really believe anymore but still went to church. Quitting church is such an enormous life change, it's not something a lot of people can do overnight.

Reading that thread makes me so happy I don't go to church anymore though!

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 08:05AM

Everyone's life situation is different Frankie. Some people are connected to the church with golden handcuffs. It's a multi-billion dollar corporation after all.

Don't be like theme and be judgmental just because they didn't choose your path.

Posted by: lilburne ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 03:22AM

The forum views largely mirror this only you can post images, video, without the weird banned word thing occurring.

Posted by: lilburne ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 05:27AM

This is a good news story. It shows the members aren't motivated to do this of their own free will. They need to be manipulated and managed into it. This just adds more weight to the cult argument and moves members closer to waking up.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 03:27AM

It appears that temple attendance has become mandatory for full tithers. They can spend some money while they're in there. Have a meal. Later go out to see the church movie. Buy a new quad--so cheap, we're givin' them away. Get it all at CC mall!

Posted by: Anon Dunn ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 04:18AM

Before reading: It wouldn't surprise me.
After reading: It doesn't surprise me. All the more reason to leave, if possible

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 04:36AM

You ask how low they can go? Are you serious? THey rape women and molest children. How much lower do you think they can go?
Blood atonement is murder.........
Need I go on?

Posted by: poin0 ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 06:33AM

Almost every section of society contains people that rape women and molest children. Even some atheists do this. It's horrible.

Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 10:09AM

okay then: Mormons also clubbed children and women to death in the MMM. and modern mormons are fine with it.

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 03:24PM

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 05:22AM

The church has to assign people to do temple work....

that would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. Especially since the temple work is a bunch of bull anyway, being done over and over and over again for the same dead people, with silly names pulled out of Josephs ass.

It is stupid and meaningless and no matter how they keep gushing about blessings being poored out and it being so wonderful and spiritual and speshiul they have to MAKE people go do it!??

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 06:42AM

As with all things LDS, it's all about numbers and appearances.

Posted by: reuben ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 06:56AM

If i said I was shocked, I would be lying. The church culture has gotten crazier over the last decade.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 12:34PM

Believe it or not, I AM shocked. How over-the-top is that? Maybe I'm more shocked that anyone would put up with privacy invasions like that and let them get away with it. Don't these clowns have a clue how normal humans operate?

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 08:10AM

The tighter they squeeze, the better. Hopefully one more person will wake up and realize they are being had.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 08:27AM

Doesn't surprise me that some local ward is so desperate for people to attend the temple they are assigning people to do it one way on way or another.
In fact, I would also not be surprised if their local 70's leadership told them to stop the practice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 08:27AM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: Alpiner ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 09:16AM

A few posters have mentioned that people in their wards now have callings to attend the temple.

Perhaps a recent bishopric member can speak to what Salt Lake is looking for in regards to membership temple attendance. Are wards being pushed to meet temple attendance quotas or something like that?

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 09:52AM

Would that be a surprise?

Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 10:08AM

not going to change things. Who of us has not just taken these lists and passed them on to the next person, and then when they come at you just said you can't do it. And in one of my wards we had callings just to attend the temple but the attendance didn't rise at all. it did not make a lick of difference.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 10:09AM

I agree with the idea it's time for him to bear an untestimony "Brothers and Sisters - you may have noticed my name wasn't on the temple recommend holder list. I'd like to tell you why..."

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 10:59AM

"To help make that task easier they included a list of all "worthy" temple recommend holders in the ward. Of course my name was absent from the list.

Personally I'm fine with leaders knowing I don't have a temple recommend because they know why and they have jobs that need that information. The problem I have with this is that I know ward members judge others when they aren't temple worthy."

The Church of the Sneeches. Temple Worthy and you get to go through the Star-On machine and show it off to everyone.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: October 15, 2014 11:33AM

I've told the story before. I was still going--unhappily, but I thought if DH would be active we could be that ideal Mormon family and that would fix EVERYTHING. DH gets a phone message telling him that his HT partner is so and so and the families he is to visit is blah, blah, blah, and blah. An inactive partner and four families I'd never heard of. DH laughed--ain't gonna happen. I was distraught. How could they?! The bishop snottily explained that it was not a calling, but his priesthood responsibility. I said, but don't you care that he will never do this and probably never come back to church? Nope.

Hometeaching--not a choice.
Temple attendance--assigned.
Tithing--mandatory.
Callings--until they release you.
Missionary splits--assigned.
Toilet duty--assigned.
Meet the Mormons viewing--assigned.

Prozac anyone?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.