Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anony123 ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 11:49AM

My TBM 80 year old mother is about as TBM as you can get. Twice a tither, Temple Matron, always bears her testimony on Fast Sunday, and even participated in prop 8 activities - and we live in the mid-west. She traveled out there with her 80+ year old husband when this was happening to show support for prop 8. I mean just TBM nuckingfutz all the way around. Above all though - she is anti-gay / homophobic because she believes gay marriage is the beginning of the end.

The other day I had the following conversation with her as we traveled to her doctors office. I love teasing her:

Me: Hey mom, uh, looks like gay marriage is taking hold in all the states now. It has passed in over 33 states now, including, CA, UT, AZ, and ID. Isn't it amazing?

Mom: No it's not amazing. It just shows how Satan is clamping down in these latter days.

Me: Mom..c'mon, you don't mean that. Gay couples are some of the nicest most caring people you will ever meet. I know you think being gay is environmental, but it is absolutely NOT. Did you know in every society, in every culture, in every part of the world, since records began - there have always been gay people. Anywhere from 1-5%, and that has remained steady. It is nature causing this not enviroment. Don't you think it is reasonable to let people live how they want? Let them marry who they want?

Mom: No I don't. It's against nature. They cannot be parents. They cannot have children - that little factoid right there should tell you it's wrong.

Me: Okay, well let me tell you...I know that Gay couples who adopt, make terrific parents. They are some of the most caring and loving parents you will ever meet. So let me ask you, is it better for a poor little boy or girl, who is born in poverty, born in a 3rd world country, and in an orphanage to remain where he/she is - with no future, medical care, etc OR to be with a loving and kind gay couple her in the US, who could provide all the nourishment and love that he/she could ever have, i.e. education, health care, love, nourishing, etc.

Mom: Well I don't know, I guess so...maybe..I don't know.

Me: Seems obvious to me mother.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 12:53PM

it was, but for 30 days a Mormon woman lived with a gay couple. The woman was asked several times (since she was against gay adoption) if it would be better for a child to not be adopted at all or to be adopted by two loving gay parents. IIRC, she preferred that the child not be adopted at all.

Posted by: Anony123 ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 03:07PM

Thanks for your comment. I believe that most hard core mormons would rather see a child suffer in poverity, than to allow a gay couple adopt him or her. Absolutely mind blowing.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 04:32PM

Anony123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for your comment. I believe that most hard core mormons would rather see a child suffer in poverity, than to allow a gay couple adopt him or her. Absolutely mind blowing.

You're welcome.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 03:30PM

I've heard something along the lines of humor that God makes the most talented people Gay. Why? Well because they are so talented and have so much to offer the world that they can't be bothered with the burdens/blessings of children.

Anyway, when a gay couple does want to adopt a child or lesbians decide to involve the Dr.s then they really are going to be committed parents. Gays can't create children through the basic primal methods. So, when they decide to be a parent it's possible that their commitment to raising that child could be greater than the average couple who can just go out bang away and possibly create a child that they don't want a result.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 03:42PM

Anony123,

The thinking that it is better for a child to die poor and starving is an extension of the LDS teaching that if a child dies before the age of accountability they go directly to heaven.

Therefore it's no difficult leap to think that it is better for a child to suffer for a few years and die before the age of accountability and guarantee their salvation than it is to be adopted by Gay parents and have there chance at Salvation snatched away forever by Stan and his pack of gay folk.

There was a woman who threw her children off a bridge and killed them to guarantee their salvation. She followed the doctrine taught to her in the extreme. (Can't remember if she jumped also but the story is true)

Anything! Anything but let the Gays have them! Oh the horror!

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: October 28, 2014 05:41PM

My old boss is gay, he has a bio son and a bio daughter.
I have a gay friend who has a bio son. Who says gays can't reproduce and have children.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.