Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sadie711 ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 01:09PM

The other day my friend invited me to a dinner with his family. We talked about the mandatory topics (school, mission, Church, family...) I was shocked when his dad told me that he joined the Church after his near death experience. He said he didn't believe in God before, but was protestant. In his NDE he saw God and etc. and when he woke up he had the feeling that he has to contact the Mormon Church. They lived in Montana at that time, so it's not like you live in Utah and the only thing you see it's a mormon missionary. He even said that pretty much didn't know, who mormons were. And I though....crap...cool.

I went home research this whole thing and people who experienced NDE, all of them had little bit different experience. One of them said religion doesn't matter, someone said they didn't see any God and etc.

I was kinda like "what if I'm wrong...."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 01:16PM

Well that's just the problem. There's a video on YouTube where a lady who was Mormon went to hell because she belonged to the wrong church. So she became Protestant instead.

I have a few books which are dedicated to only LDS NDE experiences and several of them asked on the other side if the Church was true and they were told that it is.

But I know of one NDE (Nanci Danison) where she was shown the history of humankind in regard to religion and she saw that no such person as Jesus Christ ever even existed.

Others (like Mellen Thomas Benedict) say that the Christ energy does exist, but he doesn't say that an actual such person ever existed on the Earth.

Many say that what religion you belong to doesn't matter at all.

They can't all be right, but they can all be wrong. So no, don't have any concerns at all about the Mormon Church.

Posted by: Delila ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 02:14PM

I've read/viewed about 2500 NDE stories.
The most impressive was Nanci Danison's story. A lawyer and a fairly devout Catholic her whole life--until her NDE.

Nanci claims to have seen the creation of the world and the history of how religions came into being--sorta like a documentary.

She said she didn't think one could feel anger in the afterlife...but she did. Angry as hell because of the bullshlt (my word, not hers) her church taught as "true" when very little of it was--according to what she witnessed via the documentary.

Not only no Jesus, but no Moses, no Abraham. In fact, according to her there was no organized Judaism, simply a bunch of separate Jewish sects with differing beliefs.

Fascinating stuff...as well as ringing more true/real (to me) than any religious story

True or not this "hallucination" changed her life.
3 books, "Backwards..."
Several CDs/DVDs and YouTube vids.

Posted by: Delila ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 02:26PM

Oh, yes!
Nanci Danison didn't mention Joseph Smith OR Mormonism OR Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints, either.
We can rest easy...if that's a problem.
It's snot a problem for me!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 01:20PM

Clear, undeniable, factual evidence shows mormon claims false.
That doesn't change because somebody has some kind of "experience."
You've got nothing to worry about.

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 01:28PM

Research on NDEs that I have seen show many people with NDEs tend to drop 'religion' overtime but still believe in God and an afterlife. Based on my experiences, as a Mormon and even more experiences after ----- no NDEs but a lot of meditation and asking questions, I also believe in a God and an afterlife. NO Christ, no original sin, no need for religion ------ unfortunately I can't prove my experiences were interpreted correctly by me ----- yet! Even with my beliefs I still appreciate gospel music and do listen to positive preachers and even study the bible to a limited extent ----- like the positive messages totally disagree with the doctrine about God and Christ!

Posted by: Robert Hall the Photo God ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 01:59PM

Ask Boyd Packer his opinion of Betty Eadie. He is not complementary of her near death experience at all.

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 09:49PM

my gut feeling is that she is a fraud. She sounds too professional, with having all the right answers, and her aggressive promotion of her three books.

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 10:00PM

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 09:56PM

I don't have an opinion on Betty Eadie since I haven't read her books,but Boyd K . Packer's dislike is a plus for her. Lol. As far as NDE's,I have an open mind but am skeptical of a lot of accounts especially those which seem to promote specific religious groups..

Posted by: greengobbleyguck ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 09:59PM

So this got my attention. This was a big curiosity when. I was a teen. Research much about it then dropped it as an interest. To many in consisting between accounts and no one from my family has ever spoken of a nde. On that note. I have a friend how was out to town, can't remember the reason but his wife was very stressed. She had about body experience and saw him and was comforted. I can't remember details. But that was the only one that seems to be real for am account. I do think someone who's says there's no after life cause they seen nothing is full of billshit and was in a comma. Can't wait till I die so I can have answer.

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 11:30PM

Since you have some interest in the afterlife ------- I haven't gone to one yet and not advertising it, but if you want to try for a fee ($40-80??) you can go see a medium. A medium is suppose to be able to talk to departed loved ones of the clients and relay messages back to you 1. proving contact with relatives was made (gives you info that the medium should not know) and 2. provide some messages. I am definitely planning on trying one (in person versus internet) because I am a believer for now. My sister tried psychics and some of the amazing things they said (that seemed ridiculous at the time) came to pass. But they deal with predicting the future.

I may be crazy but I read a book on developing your psychic and medium abilities and had amazing (to me) success in a few of many psychic exercises. I plan on putting a lot more time into the exercises I had success at. I also had some (but not as verifiable) success in medium exercises. You can get books on this if you want to try it yourself at a public library ----- caution ------ not every exercise worked for me but the few that did really blew my mind or were major coincidences.

Although not important to you now but just so you know. Based on my experiences before and after reading these books. I believe in an afterlife, multiple lives, and a God but not religion.

Good luck! If you are interested in this kind of stuff there are plenty of books in most public libraries so it is not costly to try it but it takes some time and concentrated effort to read and try the exercises!

Posted by: sadie711 ( )
Date: November 03, 2014 12:25AM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I don't know, if I want to know, what's going to happen in my future :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.