Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 19, 2014 10:18PM

The world is falling down around America's Dad. Women are coming out of the woodwork to accuse him.

I loved him as a kid, listening and laughing to his records, and of course later when I was a dad.

What if mass media had been around in 1843 and women would speak out about JS?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 06:30AM

I remember how The Cosby Show was on opposite The Simpsons, and how often we heard from the pulpit to support The Cosby Show and not watch Simpsons. It was about that time that the Simpsons became my most well-loved show. You can learn important stuff from the Simpsons, but the Cosby show was just too lame.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 11:12AM

Apparently he's guilty until proven innocent.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 02:00PM

More like.....he's accused and will stay that way until proven innocent. Anyone saying he's guilty is merely expressing an opinion at this point.....nothing wrong with that.

Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 11:30AM

People in the public eye in the US are tried in two courts, the actual court system and the court of public opinion. Personally I believe he is in fact a rapist. I think the sheer number of women accusing him indicate there is an issue. I don't think there is anything wrong with deciding for myself how to view the man. Oj Was acquitted and yet I am still quite sure of his guilt also. My opinion doesn't really impact them except that I wont buy a product that will profit them, or support them in any form, as is my right.

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 12:15PM

Actually, it was OJ's son who did it. He had explosive rage disorder and was off his meds. That's why the evidence was so confusing. OJ took the fall for his son, which makes him a stand up guy in my book.

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 01:43PM

If it was his son, why haven't they put the son on trial?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 01:26PM

jesuswantsme4asucker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Personally I believe he is in
> fact a rapist.

Me, I'll avoid "belief," and honestly admit I don't know if he is or isn't until there's sufficient evidence to establish one or the other.
However, the sheer # of accusations merits cancelling his shows until it's cleared up. :)

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 11:42AM

He better be truthful to his attorneys. They need to know exactly when things happened as to check on statutes of limitation. He may have to, at very least, give his mea culpa, mea maxima culpa as to any incidents beyond the criminal law while not admitting anything that could be pursued today.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 11:46AM

I'm not trying to defend the man. Personally, I've never cared for him too much. You may be right, that he's a rapist, or not. I just find it sad that all it takes is an allegation from someone to ruin a career.

I'm still a fan of the innocent until proven guilty concept. The media, social and otherwise, seems to have demonized him already. I'll wait for the trial to make my judgements.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 01:26PM

There will be no trials, because the statute of limitations has expired.

Bill Cosby is a sexual predator, but he won't be prosecuted with the exception of a 2004 civil trial because the survivor couldn't bring criminal charges against him. His victims have been silenced, threatened and bullied for decades and only with Hannibal Buress bringing it into the limelight again, people are seeing Cosby as the monster behind the mask.

He had a long and prosperous career but now he has to face up to his despicable actions and pay the piper.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 01:57PM

Just in case anyone wants to know how far this really goes back:
http://newslines.org/bill-cosby/

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 01:37PM

I'll say this: If you had told me, way back in the early 1990's, that "The Church" wasn't true, that JS was a sexual predator and that Bill Cosby was a serial rapist......well, I just can't say.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.