Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: already gone ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 01:48PM

in SS, we're talking about becoming Gods. Apparently, they haven't been told that the church neither teaches or emphasize that.

and everyone being Gods doesn't diminished God's power....LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vh65 ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 01:58PM

Pull up the essay and read that part. Then ask how it fits with D&C 132. It is a very legit question!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 01:59PM

Uh Oh! Someone didn't get the memo: Opstay ayingsay atthay!

I predict that this teaching will slowly morph into "Be like Jesus" over time. Mormons will say that's what it always meant.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 02:04PM

I think they'd better figure out what they're talking about and what they're pissing on; otherwise they'll piss off Elohim.

http://www.owned.com/search/electric+fence/page/1/

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 04:14PM

My father sacrificed everything, including his personal integrity, to transform himself into a god.

He succeeded only with that part of godhood which creates atheism through neglect and abuse. His victory is pyrrhic, and he ain't no Phoenix, if you know what I mean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2014 04:15PM by donbagley.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: November 30, 2014 08:53PM

This is one teaching from the church where most TBMs will justify lieing because in their minds, people would get the wrong idea if they knew the truth. So mis-direction of one key principal gets lied about routinely, in the name of not wanting others to get the wrong impression. The mormon church and most long-term church members know that yes, god was once a mortal man who was imperfect and who committed sins like the rest of us do now. Eventually, he repented and attained goodhood as most of us have the opportunity to do now. But they'll never say it that way. So the church and a majority of its members think it's okay to lie and cause a person to accept only what they are prepared to know, so that people don't get the wrong idea. So what is the wrong idea? It's whatever they deem you as unprepared to know. In this case, that includes the fear that a person will lose respect for god or for the church. Everyone has the right to be told the truth and to come to that conclusion if they choose to. The alternative is that they only end up losing respect for the church later, when they realize they were mis-led. It's not the belief in exaltation that is weird. It's their shame in sharing that belief with the rest of the world that is weird and cultish. Even the church's prophet can't admit it on TV (Gordon B. Hinkley). Even today, the church has an anonymous author give clouded and duplicitous answers on the church's web-site to address the issue. That kind of thing is what makes the church weird and cultish. There's nothing wrong with the belief in exaltation if people want to believe that. But the mormon picture of exaltation is weird and cultish. So I imagine that people will always be lied to about that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.