Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Darksparks ( )
Date: December 13, 2014 06:48PM

To continue your thread, Mossybucket, Ferdinand Magellan was killed because he was a bully, not because of his sexual activities.

https://archive.org/stream/magellansvoyagea01piga#page/n9/mode/2up

This link is to a journal written by one Antonio Pigafetta, the primary source of what we know happened on Magellan's fateful journey.

Pigafetta does talk about sex and the practices of the native "Filipinos," but he never discusses the sexual practices of Magellan. He does mention that the local women seemed to prefer the foreigners over their own men, but that may have been purely out of curiosity.

You could be right assuming Magellan's conquest of females was similar to other noted historical figures...but I have seen no evidence to back up your assertion, and I think you are mostly full of yourself and of baloney...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Interested observer ( )
Date: December 13, 2014 07:05PM

Referring back to MossyBucket’s original thread.

“You are most precient Dinah”

Well MossyBucket you may be a genius but the correct spelling is prescient and may I respectfully suggest that either discernment or insight would be the better word to use in your reply to Dinah.

From your lofty altitude looking down on mere mortals it may have escaped your notice that the people who have contributed most to the welfare of humanity set their sights rather higher than getting a meaningless score in a MENSA test, they just got on with doing something far more important.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 13, 2014 08:34PM

I suspect MossyBucket is pulling all of our chains.
However, that's only a suspicion, and I've seen crazier :)

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 13, 2014 08:44PM

give me a home, where the mossybucket roam...

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: December 14, 2014 12:01AM

Agreed. And it's funny that new names have popped up to feed his ego. Hmmm. I don't know for sure, but smells funny.

Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: December 14, 2014 12:31PM

I grew up on a farm. I know the smell.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 14, 2014 01:01AM

Hearkening back to Mossybucket 1, I wanted to quote a saying I saw on a t-shirt once. To wit: "THOSE OF YOU WHO THINK YOU KNOW IT ALL ARE AN ANNOYANCE TO THOSE OF US WHO DO". Just sayin'.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: December 14, 2014 12:47PM

Well ya know Tom them city slickers don't even know the difference in the smell of bullshit and horseshit like we do.

Learned a lot of cosmology staring up at the stars whilst hand squeezing out dairy products into stainless steel milk buckets night after night.

It was udderly existential I tellya.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.