Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:44PM

Marriage-- You may support it, but not advocate it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: iamanevermormon ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:45PM

Guess that puts an end to the charade that they are aren't exing JD because of his support for SSM. Well, at least they're being honest for once.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2015 10:45PM by iamanevermormon.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:51PM

Boy, John can beat them over the head with this comment.

This was a mind blower too: "we don't ask for apologies and we don't offer apologies."

Is this true? The church doesn't ask for apologies? Just repentance?

Date: January 28, 2015 11:25PM

I really hope he does. It's already been more or less decided what they're gonna do with him, so why not throw everything he can at them. He's got nothing to lose.

Posted by: ferdchet ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:49PM

What does that even mean? Ugh.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:51PM

It means they are bigots trying not to appear as bigots.

Date: January 28, 2015 11:26PM

It means support it in silence but say or do nothing publicly. Cowards.

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 08:19AM

basically, like gay people, you can feel how you feel about it, but shut up and don't do anything about it so no one will have to deal with you

Date: January 28, 2015 10:50PM

My, how they struggle to stay relevant yet hold on to their most deeply held bigotry.

Posted by: funeraltaters ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:54PM

They are caving.

Date: January 28, 2015 10:57PM

I am thinking that there are a lot of members unhappy with the anti-gay marriage stance of TSCC and leaving over it.

It seems they are trying to give a way for supporters of gay marriage to stay in TSCC without giving aid to those gays.

Date: January 28, 2015 11:26PM

They will in the end. They always fold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2015 11:27PM by iamanevermormon.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 11:09PM

And, once again the cult/church lays the blame at the members feet. In the words of Oaks in the article sited in this thread, "The teaching effort that we've engaged in today," he said, "is a very important part of what we hope our members will hear in the way of being more civilized....."

ALWAYS the 12 Elite can point to the fact that the problem stems from members not doing this or that.

They have to have some scapegoat. IT CANNOT BE THE FAULT OF THE CHURCH! And they will not offer apologies.

(Yeah, only kind, caring, repentive people offer apologies. A category you do not know exists).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2015 11:10PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: bigbadger ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 11:27PM

Oaks is right about what the LDS church doesn't do -- it doesn't offer apologizes. I don't believe there is a single apology in any of the essays.

The Catholic Church, on the other hand, has formally apologized for a whole host of wrongs. Just google "pope apologizes" and you'll see what I mean.

At least the Pope has the guts to admit when his church has behaved badly. The LDS Church might learn a lesson here.

Posted by: Raging ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 11:36PM

Could there be a more arrogant a-hole than Dallin Oaks? He is so clearly an evil little POS. I absolutely loathe this man.

The church doesn't apologize, but everyone needs to be nicer to them? What the? These people have so much $$$$$$ and obedience from the sheep, they think they can say and demand anything and the whole world should bow down. How does one fall to such a level as Dallin Oaks?

Will Dallin's sheep even catch a whiff of the supreme irony of his statements? They require detailed confession, apologies, and reparations for silly little "sins" the members commit. BUT, the brethren are exempt from these steps of repentance? How in god's name could anyone with two brain cells to rub together believe, nay KNOW, these slimy snakes speak for Jesus. I don't even know if I believe in Jesus, but I can see he would have nothing to do with this organization. Sheesh.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 11:39PM

How can they apologize? That would be the same as saying ghawd made a boo-boo!

Although they did say that it was Brigham Young' mistake regarding Blacks and the priesthood. I can see them saying those effected should go get BJ's apology... But whose fault was it that the error was not corrected any sooner?

Maybe they're waiting for Packer, Oaks & Holland to die so they can take them for a final bus ride?

Posted by: bigbadger ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 11:45PM

As Raging said, the irony is supreme. Excellent point!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 11:00AM

I wouldn't have found them myself.

I did take note that they said their web site for gays and families has been underutilized. Really??!? I wonder why.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2015 11:01AM by cl2.

Posted by: gonegirl ( )
Date: January 29, 2015 01:48PM

Christofferson comes across as seeming like he'd be more open and supportive if he could but Oaks is so ridiculously arrogant every time he opens his mouth on this. "We're not going to apologize." Well stop making your members apologize and repent for every little thing. There were quotes from him in another article about not letting your gay child and their partner stay in your home. Really? How about it's not his damn business who members let stay in their home?

And they wonder why they have wards where they don't have enough "temple worthy" members to fill callings. Because your leadership is pompous and arrogant and driving people away from you. Had a TBM family member complaining about the standards to let someone fill a calling recently being so strict that they can't get enough people in his ward. They know they are losing members but really this isn't exactly fixing their image. I don't really feel any inclination to go back and not going to apologize for it.

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 11:00AM

The LDS church is ALWAYS going to discreetly steer into a direction that aids their survival as an organization.

Church INC. is like a kid who tries to do some cool skateboard trick, trips and falls and lands back on their feet...and says...Oh yeah, I meant to do that!

If the church makes a mistake, they can not ever admit it, because that means admitting they are fallible. Gasp!

Over the past 25 yrs, I have seen this kind of smoke and mirrors thinking, the "Ignore the man behind the curtain, I am the great and powerful OZ!" mentality send even the most diehard LDS members become quiet and think about the direction of Church Inc.

Church Inc. is grasping at straws to appear more sensitive and understanding. The gay community isn't buying the arrogance and ignorance. Go ahead and put out the "Welcome Mat". The know the trap door is right underneath.

RMM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 01:21PM

Once again, the leaders have been bad actors and refuse to apologize. How many times is this going to repeat? They are always wrong, which I suppose comes from building on a foundation of lies.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 02:18PM

Or is he too big to ex?

Reid openly advocates for gay marriage. Are they doing to tell LDS politicians how to vote and not vote?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.