Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Spiritist ( )
Date: February 19, 2015 09:23PM

I thought I read a past life experience today of a boy that was a women in a past life but couldn't find it again but while searching found this one. Some spiritists believe we have had hundreds of past lives, have experienced both male and female, experienced other than human life forms on other planets, and in other dimensions, etc.

http://www.mindpowernews.com/PastLifeBoy.htm

If this past life experience is not true this 8yr old "Scammer" pulled a good one on this dead pilots relatives!

Past lives are real because reincarnation is real and you to can experience a glimpse of your past lives (this is the twist)! I have only tried this guided meditation one time. I recently recommended it to my sister but she has had family problems so she hasn't got back to me. However, here is your chance. It takes about 30 minutes. If you are afraid maybe scan through it first, so you won't be. NO guarantees this will work for you but hey what is 30 minutes and you will feel relaxed after. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgFDSLSv-Po

I don't think it contains any subliminal messages but if it tells you to send a check for a large amount of money to Spiritist report back and I will personally meet with you to get the check. (Joke!)

If you try it and have any positive or negative experiences please return and report. I experienced glimpses of 3 past lives. Did you experience anything when you/mind/subconscious were asked the questions in this meditation?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TDWMB ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 01:20AM

IF, if reincarnation turns out to be true, my goal is to NOT have to be reborn. I never want to come back hear again.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 06:07AM

TDWMB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IF, if reincarnation turns out to be true, my goal
> is to NOT have to be reborn. I never want to come
> back hear again.

Yes, this is right.

Date: February 20, 2015 11:50AM

More than likely you will chose to, just like you did this time with the help and encouragement of spirit guides, your spirit group, and others in the after life.

There are options of other worlds and other dimensions to reincarnate into!

You can look at eternal life as either exciting or not so much but you/mind will make the decision to come back somewhere just like you did this time ----- maybe with the proper/true perspective your current views will change.

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 02:16PM

Is there a brochure or something that I can read that describes all my options?

Date: February 20, 2015 04:05PM

If there is one I don't know where you can view it.

Those options will be presented to you/mind in the after life (spirit world) when you are ready to reincarnate. In fact a movie of clips of your future life that would be 'likely' based on which family/scenario you and your spirit group decide on. There is more than one player (you) but that is why on the meditation it asks about anyone (close to you in your soul group) in a different role in that life versus this life.

The future projected is just an estimated scenario because people do have free will but basics (religion, middle class, education, race) should be fairly reliable at least for a significant part of your life.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 08:14PM

Tibetan Vajrayana Buddhism will help explain how to transit the bardos (after death states), without being influenced by other beings to rejoin the wheel of rebirth. Kundalini Kriya Yoga, and other advaita (non-dual) vedanta traditions will also inform you. Through deep meditation, you can train yourself in this life to abandon desire and the mind, and maintain your will and focus after death, in order to avoid rebirth in any mortal plane. Ideally, after leaving the physical body, you can maintain free will and choose whatever plane of being (or non-being) you wish.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 01:36AM

Flimsy evidence to claim they are real. Here is another take:

http://skeptico.blogs.com/skeptico/2005/07/reincarnation_a.html

There have been many hoaxes that draw in gullible people.

Here is an example of a hoax were the kids were instructed to lie, so it need not be the kid that came up with the hoax.

http://www.thefastertimes.com/parents/2009/10/23/balloon-boy-thought-balloons-part-i-the-history-of-child-hoaxes/

If you want to believe personal testimony, may I suggest a Mormon Testimony meeting.

Date: February 20, 2015 02:13PM

Interesting article. Like that you left the discussion comments to make it more fair to both sides of this issue.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 06:22PM

I like how it points out that important details that discredit the claim of reincarnation were left out of the original story in order to make it sound real.

No reason not to make it fair to both sides on the issue. Once it is known that important details that discredit the claim that it was a reincarnation event, reasonable people would conclude that the reincarnation claims were BS.

Why leave out truthful parts of the story if your claims are consistent with the truth?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 06:23PM by MJ.

Posted by: Mike Och ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 03:11AM

Spiritist Wrote:
>
> If you try it and have any positive or negative
> experiences please return and report. I
> experienced glimpses of 3 past lives. Did you
> experience anything when you/mind/subconscious
> were asked the questions in this meditation?

Are you aware that many people are highly gullible, suggestible and prone to delusion? It's for those reasons we have religion.

Date: February 20, 2015 11:43AM

Tried Mormonism and Christianity and found out they didn't teach what I believed true based on my experiences.

I was a believer in God, after life, reincarnation, spirit guides, before I found out that is what spiritists believed.

Definitely don't believe in Bible, Christ, Adam, etc. etc. so I guess religion just isn't for me! I do enjoy Christian music and just mentally replace God for every where they use Jesus even though my God does not really require any worship.
I guess I just find the music somewhat relaxing ----- like meditation!

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 12:10PM

In some ways reincarnation makes sense.

I have a hard time believing that after we die, we go to heaven forever and ever.

What can there be in the life after that will make you happy forever and ever?

A new life, here or on some other world could be acceptable.

Too bad you don't know at a young age what you know at an old age.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 12:38PM

From the article:

"Beginning in 2004, James made a couple of TV appearances for ABC News and on the Montel Williams Show."

And there you have the motivation to make up/hoax/defraud -- fame and fortune.

And dad's writing books about the kid's "experiences," and a sort of historical book about the pilot the kid supposedly used to be.

Date: February 20, 2015 02:21PM

I agree that is a possibility!

I don't have a belief about James my belief is that there are past lives in our subconscious.

Since no one yet has taken the challenge to go through the meditation and return and report it is hard to tell whether anyone going through the meditation will be able to obtain anything from their conscious/subconscious concerning past lives or dreams or what ever!!!!

I think the fact that no one has tried the meditation yet and returned and reported is a sad commentary on people that have a need and should be 'truth seekers'!

Date: February 20, 2015 02:47PM

Thanks for doing this meditation!!!! Since I have been recommending it I sure appreciate the feed back and very glad you took it as not something not to be afraid of because I think that could have killed any results.

I do think some people can be afraid to try the unknown because most religions preach against 'opening your mind to the Devil' ----- I think some may know people can learn truth this way and that won't keep people paying tithing and offerings very long.

I know this won't necessarily 'prove' past lives but isn't it interesting you/mind/subconscious were able to pull something up fairly quickly in response to the questions asked.

Actually you did better than I did the first time except I got 3 experiences. You seemed to get dates and relationships (daughter that may have been my mother in this life). I had to do a separate meditation (I made up) to get more information on my 'past lives' like names, dates, more experiences.

There are plenty of free meditations/self hypnosis on the internet where a similar basic relaxation approach occurs first then goes into different subjects. Therefore, you don't have to go thorough and relive those glimpses into 'past lives' again if you don't want to but instead go into positive affirmations, weight reduction dialogs, improved self worth dialogs, etc. etc.

I get a lot out of my meditations which I try to get around an hour each day ----- spread out through the day.

Posted by: anon this time ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 05:44PM

The first picture in my mind was of a barefoot white native holding a spear, wearing a colorful wrap around garment from the waist to the knees.

The second was of some type of soldier wearing this metal head gear I was unfamiliar with. So I did a search, and it appeared to be a young male viking.

What's interesting is that I'm female.

Date: February 20, 2015 06:06PM

Thanks for doing it, returning and reporting. Again, I have been recommending this meditation after myself just applying it once. Thanks for opening your mind to something new!

As far as your concern that you are a female in this life but was a man/men in past lives ----- join the club. The truth is we will all experience both male and female lives (many) ----- for our experience and learning. Sorry but there are spirit groups not families in heaven who change their sex and roles in each reincarnation. Those around you now are likely in your soul group but will generally change roles (husband, wife, male, female, son, daughter, grandson/daughter, uncle, etc.)

Although this may not prove 'past lives' it should be interesting to note how your mind/subconscious responded timely(?) to the questions asked.

Thanks again!

Posted by: anon this time ( )
Date: February 21, 2015 03:26AM

My grand-daughter and I have had long conversations about how we both think that she had been my grand-mother, who died in 1991. My grand-daughter was born in 1998, in the same town where my grand-mother died. Her mother told me once that when she was about three she she said to her in the course of an everyday activity, 'Well, that's not how I did it when I was a grownup.'

What's interesting is that in her 'other' life she was the spoiled baby princess of a solid middle class family, with a doting father. In this life she was born into a family of modest means, with a distant father. He's out of the picture, and being raised by her mother.

Date: February 21, 2015 12:00PM

Very interesting story!!!!

If you want to try to validate that information further you could go to a hypnotist and try to get your granddaughter hypnotized and then take her back in time to her other life and definitely get it recorded. Get all the vital information; name, birth, death, how died, who married, children, etc. etc.

If this story turned out to be somewhat validated it could be worth writing a book or whatever. Or at least make sure you document the story and provide it to your friends and relatives to know the Truth about life/death/etc.

I would explain this as she chose to come back, to her soul group, for this different experience. Some would say it is Karma that her situation changed a lot in her new life.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 05:47PM

<<I think the fact that no one has tried the meditation yet and returned and reported is a sad commentary on people that have a need and should be 'truth seekers'!>>

Perhaps it's the middle of Friday and we all have jobs?

Date: February 20, 2015 06:15PM

I apologize, I am retired and assumed a lot of people on the site are available during the day ----- which is a bad assumption as people can make a short statements if at work but not necessarily have 30 minutes.

Frankly, I thought I would not have that many actually do the meditation because they would be afraid or know/assume it is all BS because their minds are pretty closed to anything new.

Again, I am sorry, I should have given everyone/especially working people more time! I will try to avoid making these type of statements again if I ever post another meditation!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 06:42PM

Spiritist Wrote:
> I think the fact that no one has tried the
> meditation yet and returned and reported is a sad
> commentary on people that have a need and should
> be 'truth seekers'!

"Reporting" on something one imagines during a "meditation" is only evidence that one can imagine things during meditations. It's not evidence of "spirits" or "souls" or reincarnation.

I have no desire to dictate what you can or can't believe. You can believe what you want. If these beliefs give you some kind of comfort, hope, etc. -- great. Enjoy.

I'm just pointing out that they're outrageous claims without any supporting evidence, and with a great deal of contrary evidence. I personally gave up "believing" outrageous claims without any evidence, which is how I got out of mormonism. That gives me good reasons to point out the flaws in "beliefs" people publicly proclaim, and try to get others to accept.
It's done in the "spirit" (pun intended) of valuable discussion, not to be mean to you.

Date: February 20, 2015 08:03PM

Good points! I can't disagree with your major points.

Once you do the meditation and get your results maybe you can add more comments. And explain it from your 'skeptical' point of view.

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 02:20PM

Hi Spiritist.

I thought I’d honor your request and try your meditation last night before I went to sleep. It sure was relaxing; her voice was so soothing and mellow. Here’s my report.

For the first ‘trip’, I was in the Middle East somewhere, a dude, around 100 AD. I didn’t really interact with anyone, I just stood at a window looking out at whatever town I lived in. 20 yrs. later I was hiding from some military types, covered over in the back of a cart, trying to get away undetected. Hmmm, not very profound, but I was enjoying relaxing … and her soft voice. Fun.

For the second ‘trip’, I was in a forest as an older indigenous woman just cruising around in nature, around 1600 AD. Still, no real interaction with people; but I did have a daughter who I thought might have been my mother in ‘this life’. 20 yrs. later I’d become separated from my daughter through some social rift, which is an interesting play on the reversal of that role in ‘this life’. Maybe swapping some karma there or something? Anyway, again, not too profound, but I was becoming very relaxed.

For the last trip, oops. I lost consciousness right as she directed me into the last tunnel, and awoke with a start right as she was instructing me to reenter the tunnel to leave that ‘excursion’. I guess I wasn’t supposed to remember that one, oh well. As the meditation ended, I got all goosepimply and felt very, very mellow. Afterward I rolled over and had a great, relaxing nights sleep. Her voice sure is calming.

Anyway, I wanted to honor your request to try it. I don’t find any harm in trying this sort of thing; it certainly set me up for a good nights sleep. Some fun little meditation isn’t going to dictate to my life, rip apart my family, and demand I pay them a large potion of my income, or threaten me when I disengage. I can’t say the meditation was really all that profound, though (I’ve done these kind of meditations before), but I certainly didn’t see any harm from trying it out at your request. There are differences between things, and better for the curious to be involved in something harmless, than to get into harmful things like oppressive cults. It's just a meditation for pâté’s sakes. I sure had a restful sleep, though. And her voice, I loved it … so soothing and mellow.

Anyway, cheers Spiritist. Keep up your fun, harmless hobby !!! I’ll keep a bookmark to that link for when I want to get mellow again sometime before bed.

:)

P.S. How odd … I’m not left with any desire at all to fly a plane into a building. Did I do the meditation wrong? Oh well … I’m puzzled at what all the fuss is about. If I had a large hadron collider I’d probably play around with that too, but this was a much cheaper experiment to conduct, and it was so cozy in my bed … buwahaha!

Enjoy your day everyone.

Date: February 20, 2015 02:49PM

Thanks for doing this meditation!!!! Since I have been recommending it I sure appreciate the feed back and very glad you took it as not something not to be afraid of because I think that could have killed any results.

I do think some people can be afraid to try the unknown because most religions preach against 'opening your mind to the Devil' ----- I think some may know people can learn truth this way and that won't keep people paying tithing and offerings very long.

I know this won't necessarily 'prove' past lives but isn't it interesting you/mind/subconscious were able to pull something up fairly quickly in response to the questions asked.

Actually you did better than I did the first time except I got 3 experiences. You seemed to get dates and relationships (daughter that may have been my mother in this life). I had to do a separate meditation (I made up) to get more information on my 'past lives' like names, dates, more experiences.

There are plenty of free meditations/self hypnosis on the internet where a similar basic relaxation approach occurs first then goes into different subjects. Therefore, you don't have to go thorough and relive those glimpses into 'past lives' again if you don't want to but instead go into positive affirmations, weight reduction dialogs, improved self worth dialogs, etc. etc.

I get a lot out of my meditations which I try to get around an hour each day ----- spread out through the day.

Date: February 20, 2015 04:34PM

You’re welcome. I anticipated you getting some flack from your post, so I wanted to be the outlier and show I could give it a try without bursting into flames. I suspect I was able to let go and just be an observer because I already meditate in other ways, so I am familiar with sitting back and just observing my thoughts as they float past.

That is what meditation is good for, emptying the subconscious of all the stuff it has collected up over the years. That’s why when someone first begins meditating, they often get frustrated at trying to still their mind. But that’s exactly the first thing that’s going to happen, is your subconscious is going to dump out, meaning the chatter will actually increase at first. That’s the point, to open the stopper and let it all out.

Spiritist, I’m not really all that into these ‘regression’ types of meditations, but might I suggest you explore Kundalini yoga? It has a large body of meditations, mostly geared towards good health and setting good intentions, and creating a positive mind. I like it, because I am a singer, and many of the meditations are based on singing beautiful mantras, so I like it for the vocal exercise as an added benefit. It's the oldest form of yoga around. It was brought here by a rebel yogi who disobeyed and introduced this form of yoga to the west, because he felt the practice should be shared. Interestingly, it was on his farm that ‘Woodstock’ took place in the 1960’s. He sure loved our music.

Anyway, check out Kundalini yoga, particularly the vast array of meditations available, and the beautiful music that accompanies it. Lot’s of western artists produce ‘covers’ of the mantra’s set to all sorts of styles of music. Some is better than others. Snatam Kaur is sort of the current day ‘rock star’ of the genre. There are many books written about it too. Everyone else should just ignore it, but Spiritist, you might want to check it out.

Anyway, if you like meditating, it’s the Pièce de résistance of meditation, IMHO

Have a good one!

Date: February 20, 2015 05:52PM

Just book marked the meditations you suggested on Utube. I will try them soon.

I agree with I am not really into frequently using these regression meditations either. I only used this past life meditation once to see how it worked for me ----- before I just had 1 past life glimpse from another meditation that just went into 1 past life. I hope to get a non believing TBM family member into a hypnotist to have a past life regression to try to open their eyes. I don't think them doing a meditation would be as effective as getting a hypnotist to record them under hypnosis.

I am always looking for new meditations/meditation music that will help me.

I am interested in making up my own meditations to personalize them to my needs/desires. I have tried some mentally made up ones and they seem to work but I would really like to make them more professional with music, relaxation first, then the meditation words. Just seems I don't necessarily agree with some of the things they say in meditations I currently use.

Thanks again.

Date: February 20, 2015 06:25PM

Here’s one of my faves.

Ra Ma Da Sa, Sa Say So Hung. (Sanskrit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYivP3gedCo

Sit like the person in the vid.
Sing each stanza on one big breath, pulling in the navel sharply on ‘hung’.
Then take a big breath in and get ready for the next cycle.
Do that for the whole ten minutes.

You might have a big cry afterwards sometimes when you do it. Good.
That’s how you release the trauma of your mom beating the crap out of you, without even having to face the details, and without all the drama. Poof, gone in the emotional release.

The meditations you seem to be talking about seem like hypnosis, with suggestions from a voice going into your mind. It’s up to you, but I would actually be cautious of that. Whose thoughts are those? Not yours. Traditional meditation lets your own mind sort itself out. Be your own teacher and intuitive healer; someone else’s thoughts are just that … theirs … just like with religion. Far better to get it from source, you, tailored just for you. Just something to think about.

Enjoy that meditation, it’s one of my faves when the sun is rising and the sky is all pink. So peaceful.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 02:38PM

Why does the timeline only move one direction? Why can't reincarnation happen back into the past? Say you live now but die and are reincarnated back to the 1500s, or the 1800s, or 900 AD? Hell, what if Merlin of King Arthur fame "remembered" the future because that had been his previous life? How does meditation work then? Can't very well meditate about a past life that you haven't experienced yet but will change your present. History gets rewritten as soon as you die and live in the past to change it. Past life experience theory can get very twisted if you use your imagination on the possibilities. Has any eight year old talked about memories of the future and then lived his or her life changing the world? Just because we don't know about it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. There might even be a Pepsi machine on Pluto. We just don't know:)

Me, I don't believe it at all, just throwing in more twists for the hell of it. I threw away the Book of Mormon and don't have much use for a replacement belief.

Date: February 20, 2015 03:52PM

Ask God!

I believe God (which is not all knowing he is evolving ---- knowledge and experience wise) has to go in one direction. We are experiencing many new inventions and luxuries compared to 100 years ago. I believe God would have given us the current luxuries hundreds of years ago if he could have.

Obviously, just my opinion. But why should we have to go through a stone age when we could have had cell phones, vibrating and heating recliners, buffets (I'm on a diet), and computers thousands of years ago.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 05:34PM

Like asking him if the Book of Mormon is true? No thanks. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt with masonic symbols.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 06:00PM

Yes, obviously the answer is that God was a stone age character when humans were stone age characters. And now, God has an iPhone. I doubt if he still uses a Blackberry.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 04:11PM

http://youtu.be/EChHeh4RGGc

(all I got to say)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 04:11PM by wine country girl.

Date: February 20, 2015 04:16PM

Interesting view! Get ready for a 'wake up call' when you die!

Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: February 20, 2015 06:22PM

I will give this a try over the weekend and report back. However, I am a skeptic but will try it nonetheless. Nothing to lose, I suppose...

Date: February 20, 2015 06:32PM

Thanks for the commitment!

It may be best at night when you can really relax and be open. It's ok to be skeptical I don't believe anyone believes this stuff until they have 'experiences'.

I sure hope there is nothing to lose but false ideas! However, this may not prove past lives but it is amazing how your mind/subconscious will/may react to a question when you are a skeptic.

Maybe, if you have positive results like a few others have had, you can also explain how you feel about it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.