Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ladybug ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 06:01AM

http://www.gregtrimble.com/51-questions-that-might-lead-you-to-mormonism/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2015 06:03AM by ladybug.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 07:48AM

Nearly half of them are polytheistic/exaltation-esque.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 09:57AM

Made-up "answers," with nothing to show them correct, aren't actually "answers." They're just made-up nonsense.

Made-up nonsense apparently "comforts" some people. Go figure.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 10:07AM

He saves what he thinks is his blockbuster for last. It begins with "The bible says.." I would say that's always an immediate red flag to me. The bible says lots of things, most of them bullshit.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 10:49AM

And, like Mormons know "what the Bible says."

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 12:58AM

Not to mention that--to a Mormon--the Bible only means what it says if the Mormon agrees with what it says (ya' know: "... as far as it is translated correctly.")

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 03:04PM

The Bible says many things to delusional people. I find it to be silent. Though I suppose that if you move your lips while reading it something seems to be said.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 10:37AM

I can answer all those questions as long as I, like the Mormon church, can just make up crap that sounds good and desirable.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 10:39AM

If a man tells your 14 year old daughter that God want him to have sex with her, is he a prophet?

Posted by: notamormon ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 12:18PM

Why does Joseph Smith get a pass with Helen Mar Kimball and yet Brian David Mitchell who kidnapped EliZabeth Smart doesn't?

Mitchell called himself a prophet as did Smith.

Both girls were 14 years of age at the time.

Date: March 13, 2015 12:48PM

David Mitchell had a beard, and Heavenly Father doesn't like beards anymore.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 10:41AM

Why does Jacob in the Book of Mormon condemn polygamy?

Why does Paul say that a Bishop should be the husband of one wife?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 10:47AM

is that we have so many people like this who think they have something important to say, like somehow all of us who have left the church just didn't study hard enough, try hard enough, blah, blah, blah. Nothing new here.

It isn't like we didn't have GAs and all sorts of other leaders who were preaching at us all the time, writing things for us to read, and now we have all the "common Mormons" thinking they have NEWS for us.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 11:07AM

He jumped to a huge assumption on question 51.
"God has your church been restored?

How about, God did you have a church? If so, did it need to be restored? And,if it did, did you use JS to restore it, or is he just a con like so many others?

God: I gave you a sound mind, and Google. Don't be so lazy, start reading.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 11:29AM

madalice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He jumped to a huge assumption on question 51.
> "God has your church been restored?
> How about, God did you have a church?

How about: God, do you exist?
And when there's no answer, the rest of the "questions" have no value :)

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 12:27PM

God has your church been restored? I've never understood what exactly qualifies mormons to say they have a restored church? Any protestant can spout off the same claim? Mormon's have lost so many of the original doctrines that were once supposedly restored. Just listen to the Keven Kraut youtube videos It's very obvious that something's gone wrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvSYj2pE7NI

Mormons need to clarify restored church and say they have "restored priesthood" then there might be an argument. They might have a leg to stand on?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2015 12:28PM by poopstone.

Posted by: exdrymo ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 03:47PM

>>>God has your church been restored?<<

Reminds me of "Senator, have you stopped beating your wife?"

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 11:13AM

The asking of these particular questions indicates a high level of indoctrination already.

I certainly don't want those kinds of answers from life. I want to know how to prevent cancer and war and poverty.

Date: March 13, 2015 11:17AM

Brother Trimble has a special tab on his website devoted to a word which almost always makes me nauseous "leadership", because we could all benefit from being led by this delusional fucktard.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 11:23AM

I haven't finished his list yet, but I have yet to find one that would lead anyone to Mormonism. Number one might convince people that Christianity collectively is not true, number two might convince people that the BoM is not true AND that current leaders are false prophets, #3: who cares what the Bible doesn't say?...the Bible AND BoM contradict Mormon doctrine, etc... I could go on and on. I hope this guy doesn't drive himself mad.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 11:26AM

"13. Why would Christ be resurrected with his actual body if he
was only just a manifestation of the Father?"

Mormons have absolutely no understanding of the doctrine of the
Trinity. They constantly shoot down straw men and think they
have refuted something. I think it comes from the same source
that allows them to be so disrespectful of boundaries. Since
THEIR doctrine is TRUE(tm) they have no need to actually
understand anyone else's.

Date: March 13, 2015 12:35PM

I so much agree. How can anyone know something is true without looking at the alternatives, understanding other points of view. It's reckless for parents to teach their kids to spout off "I know da chuch is twuuuu." They really need to look at other perspectives and then make up their mind what works for them.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 12:21PM

His first paragraph has this: "A couple important people in my life suggested that I ought to research Mormonism and determine whether it was true or not."

"True?" Does any church anywhere ever ask that question when trying to recruit?

Date: March 13, 2015 12:39PM

Most other protestants don't look at their church as true but look at their spiritual awakening with jesus as true. They look at the bible as the ultimate authority on everything. Almost as God almighty itself. (protestants are a little off in the head as well if you ask me...)

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 13, 2015 12:45PM

Then he says: "The Bible says “He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.” (Prov 18:13)

Hmmmm...seems to me that TBM's & apologists start with the conclusion that the church is "True" so they've made their minds to answereth a matter before they heareth it up no matter what is presented to them.

Anyway, answering a few of these...

1. There are a bunch of LDS denominations...what's up with THAT?

2. Bible contradictions? Take a look at the Mormon church stuff!

3. Yeah, I think the Bible says some thing about that, because Jesus is, like, you know, the culmination of prophecy.

4. Joseph Smith *added* a bunch of stuff to the Bible that wasn't originally there to consider whether to leave it out or not (about himself, oddly enough), so your point is...?

5. Yes. I was a barista at Kolobucks, myself.

6. Well, it could be a left over from pre-jewish polytheism (and not Mormon gods, but rock, wind, fire, moon gods), the royal "we", or the Holy Trinity.

It goes downhill from there....if someone looks at this, as Cold-Dodger pointed out, they would wonder about all those GODS!

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: March 14, 2015 10:53PM

I think that this has been around for quite some time. Either that or somebody changed the word. I think it was in 1990's or earlier this started...

The Truth about Mormonism

http://thetruthaboutmormonism-creeksalmon.blogspot.com/2014/05/50-questions-for-mormon.html

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 04:00PM

This joker is one of the guys that always writes nonsense and I refuse to read anything he writes. I really wonder if he believes it or if he is just trying to score brownie points with TSCC.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: March 15, 2015 06:28PM

Was it wrong for Joseph Smith to claim his follower's wives as his own?
Was it wrong for Brigham Young to have sex with his follower's wives, like Zina Huntington Jacobs, with whom he fathered at least one child?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.