Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 02:17PM

On Sunday, during or after conference David Archuleta from American Idol and world famous Mormon tweeted something that he then apologized for.

http://www.eonline.com/news/643422/david-archuleta-apologizes-for-tweet-interpreted-as-anti-gay-please-forgive-me-if-i-offended-you

I'm sorry the link goes to Eonline or whatever it's called. There is already too much vapid celebrity news in our lives

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 02:23PM

It's sad how David has apparently killed his music career by going on a morg mission ( cept for songs sold at dessert book)

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 02:25PM

Remember, "if I've offended" in Mormon-speak means that it's your fault that you were offended.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 11:08PM

Kind of like saying "I'm sorry you feel that way", worse than no apology at all.

Posted by: tiredoflies ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 02:33PM

Either have convictions or don't. This wishy-washy crap is just that - crap. No one asked him for his opinion - he willingly tweeted it - unsolicited. How about before you hit "SEND" you verify that it's truly what you want to say - and then deal with the consequences. No need for a half-a**, back-handed apology.

You get to say what you want, but you don't get to choose the consequences. A certain LDS candidate for office tried the wishy-washy, flippy-floppy method of opining and it didn't work out so well.

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 02:49PM

David Who?

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: April 09, 2015 10:09AM

Yes, that is the non-mormon response. No one remembers him. But it's funny that he's still such a big freakin deal to mormons. "See the church is true, even David Archuletta believes it."

"Who"?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 02:57PM

David lives in two distinct worlds -- the bubble of Mormon Utah, and the wider world. He will learn that what flies in one world does not necessarily fly in the other.

Posted by: kak75 aka kak57 ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 03:38PM

I recently saw one or two of David's most recent CDs in the clearance sale section at a local Deseret Book. Despite his periodically releasing several new CDs (all apparently pre-recorded prior to his mission) during the two years he was gone, it apparently didn't help.

Elvis Presley managed to resurrect his career after his stint in the U.S. Army, but it's tricky to revive your career with no guarantees.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 04:08PM

"Elvis Presley managed to resurrect his career after his stint in the U.S. Army, but it's tricky to revive your career with no guarantees."

Does David even have a "career" to revive? Elvis did.....David? Not so much.

Date: April 08, 2015 06:53PM

It's nearly impossible for a singer or musician to have a successful CD without touring to support it. He has some very devoted fans, so perhaps he can rebuild his commercial career (if he wishes to) through hard work.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 07:30PM

Hmmmm..... yes they both sing, but somehow, there may be a lot of difference between Elvis Presley and this Danny Archer kid (WHOEVER !!!!!!!!!!) and how their musical careers turnout.

Posted by: BillyBob ( )
Date: April 09, 2015 02:49AM

Comparing Elvis to David Archuleta?
That hurts my eyes to read.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 04:04PM

#1. David Archuleta is still pretending he's not gay?

#2. Anyone that quotes Boyd K. Packer, in today's world, needs their ass kicked.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 04:06PM

Does someone actually give a F*CK what this moron teenager thinks?

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 07:34PM

Well Uhhhhh...... very strictly speaking, perhaps he does, beyond that, ummmmmm, I stopped caring about what MORmON singers thought about a decades before who ever this guy is was born.

Posted by: Dave in Hollywood ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 06:16PM

I've been waiting for years for David to see what's in front of his face, i.e. that he's gay (I'm guessing). The more he presents himself as a hardline Mormon, the worse it's going to be when he's finally caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 07:46PM

I think he already got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Notice he apologized for this too.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/david-archuleta-walks-into-a-gay-bar-and-then-explains-why_article_31396

If he is gay, it would be a shame that he has to hide the fact because he is LDS.

Date: April 08, 2015 08:02PM

Apparently, it's been more than once. I can only wish him the best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2015 08:02PM by summer.

Posted by: BillyBob ( )
Date: April 09, 2015 02:52AM

note to self:

type lol behind every sentence and everything will be okay.

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 06:19PM

I went to his high school and knew him. A lot of people there thought he was gay. I have thought it too. But it's hard for anybody to know for sure.

Posted by: Xyandro ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 06:33PM

Please let that be the biblical "knew"... :)

(I'm assuming from your name "Drew" that you're a guy.)

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: April 08, 2015 06:36PM

I had to look up biblical knew. But no. I didn't know him that way. If he is he'll probably be the gay but not act on it mormon.

Posted by: bakagayjin ( )
Date: April 09, 2015 04:26AM

That would be too bad, he's cute :).

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: April 09, 2015 01:01AM

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: April 09, 2015 01:10AM

I find it interesting that he could not just apologize and say he was sorry without making it also about accepting him. This made it seem less that genuine and more about a bargain for acceptance of his beliefs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 01:14AM by MJ.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: April 09, 2015 02:25AM

When you quote that marriage is between a man and a woman for the purpose of having children and a family, you offend way more than just gays. Like, any hetro couple that chooses or can't have children, and all woman who get married past the age of menopause. Plus, I'm guessing it never occurs to MORmONS that gays couples can adopt.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.