Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 04:24PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 04:48PM

it doesn't say they're Mormon missionaries, though, at least from what I read. Did I miss something?

Date: April 30, 2015 04:59PM

Loosely translated-- Two men entered their living quarters at six A.M. They were robbed, and the one from Argentina was raped. They both have prior convictions.

Date: April 30, 2015 05:01PM

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 06:07PM

My Google translation reads: Mormon missionary was raped this morning in Temuco after two strangers from entering a house where a group of members of this religious lives.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 05:21PM

Actually it does say that they were Mormon missionaries.

How I personally feel about the Mormon church is not relevant to the anger I feel against these perpetrators.

Rape should NEVER happen to anyone although it does.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 05:30PM

Tragic.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 05:36PM

Awful.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 05:37PM

How terrible for them. I hope that they have the opportunity to return home if they so desire. It appears that they are not in a safe situation.

Posted by: cupcakelicker ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 05:45PM

Less cultish missionaries spread their beliefs in dangerous places while knowing the risks. The morg teaches children that missionaries are safe and protected, then throws them into the real world as soon as they reach 18 (at which point the cult is no longer legally liable).

Date: April 30, 2015 06:11PM

I wondering if, given the large increase in missionaries, some are being sent to the less safe areas of foreign countries to avoid crowding in the most customary areas.

Posted by: cupcakelicker ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 06:27PM

A lot of missions used to have areas that were off limits to missionaries. I wonder if that's still the case.

Date: April 30, 2015 06:40PM

The fact that TSCC now directly controls the amount of money a missionary receives to live on may well result in renting in less desirable, but more affordable, housing in higher crime rate areas.

My parents sent my funds directly to me (Texas 1960-62) as was done back then. They always made sure I have enough to live in a good area of town as was true of most missionaries.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 06:33PM

Too awful for words. I only hope with all my heart that they get the help they need to heal from this. In my opinion they should be sent home where counseling and healing time can have plenty of opportunity to occur.

My rage comes out on these types of needless violences that these young people are indoctrinated to expose themselves to. These young naive trusting souls do not know the danger they are subjecting themselves to, BUT THE G#dD#MN cult does.

The cult should be held accountable and be forced to STOP THIS DANGEROUS AND HARMFUL ACTIVITY.

Amen and Amen.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 06:51PM

I hope these women get the appropriate help. They need to start legal solutions, so the church provides secure apartments at least. The MP will want to shush it up ASAP.

The rape victims are at an impasse. They are now viewed as damaged. If they go home, they will be constantly pitied/avoided. If they remain there, they won't get adequate therapy and have PTSD. Is that in their manual or training booklet? What to do if assaulted...

All these kids are sitting ducks. They need to eliminate this insanity. Instead, their bright idea is to send them out younger and even more clueless.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 06:59PM

Why isn't this making the news????

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 07:13PM

Awwww bless their hearts. I hope they get to go home right now.

I just know the church isn't going to offer them any help.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 12:18AM

Still bad form...

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 12:23AM

Are you kidding! Her routine was flawless and she stuck the landing! This is the 1988 olympics all over again, with the CCCP judges lying their asses off! Shame on you, Dubious Tomas!

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 07:28PM

Those filthy whores! They should have lost their lives before their virtue. I hope they are being properly shamed at this very moment.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 07:51PM

Isn't this what Spencer Kimball said? I'm pretty sure he wrote that girls should surrender their lives before their virtue, and for a long time, and maybe still today, Mormon mothers told their daughters, "I'd rather you came home in a box, than came home without your virtue."

Kimball was a sick creep.

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 05:01AM

I got taught this when I was a teenager.

Date: April 30, 2015 09:17PM

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 09:24PM

I hope the perpetrators don't get off on the old "she flashed her shoulders at me!" defense.

Isn't it a bit perplexing that rape victims are often judged on their clothing and their behavior?

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 09:33PM

Heartbreaking news!!

We really should keep this up front to try and shame cultco into providing the lifelong counseling this sister will need.

Does anyone have any knowledge about this neighborhood and if 19 year old girls should have been living there?

Date: April 30, 2015 09:53PM

This is what I've been reading as I check out the other forums.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 02:12AM

There should be a website for former missionaries where they can post crimes/dates/locations. If a crime happened and the church quietly sent someone home, then reopened the same area 3 or 6 months later with additional assaults, everyone could start putting the pieces together to form individual or class action suits.

Secrecy and misinformation is what the church has relied on in the past. Shine a light on these smarmy perpetrators.

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 02:02PM

My heart goes out to these girls, especially the victim.

From the comments, someone from a non-official LDS radio station said the following and aslo commented on how this media reporting the news is not a serious media but more of a sensationalistic media:

Original comment:
Favor no compartir nada en torno a esto, hasta esperar el informe detallado de Asuntos Publicos de La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días Chile.
el equipo de ElFaroMormon estamos trabajando en ello también.
Gracias !

translation:
Please do not share any information in respect to this until we hear the detailed report from the Public Relations [department] of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints - Chile.
ElFaroMomron team is working on this story.

Wow, I guess it is image first, as usual.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.