Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus NLI ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 10:57AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 11:03AM

Last weekend home for the entire month, so I've got a full pot, Netflix, AmazonPrime & Millennium.

Clean, Laundry & Pack that's my sunday

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 11:04AM

I played a remarkable (for me) round of golf on Friday. I'm going to see if I still have some of that magic left. Because I'm a senior citizen, I can walk nine holes at a local executive course of $5. So a good walk which no matter how I play, will NOT be spoiled.

Mark Twain simply brought the wrong attitude to his "...good walk spoiled."

Posted by: Darkfem ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 11:06AM

About to get breakfast with my honey. It's another beautiful day!

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 11:26AM

Just finished a BEAUTIFUL brisk walk in the park, 75 degrees, sun filtering down through the trees, birds singing, squirrels scampering.

Then we had a good nutritious lunch, and now I'm writing to you all, and taking a moment to reflect on some very good choices I've made.

Thanks ME, for listening to your instincts, and following your own conscience.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 11:34AM

Waiting ..... waiting... more waiting. Watching Netflix, Comedy Central, ....and wait. Duedate is for Tuesday but until now there are no signs that this girl wants to move out. So we are waiting.... And I try to keep calm and move myself from A to B.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 11:41AM

I already bought some iced tea for myself and a little sausage for the cat. She loved it!

I may go to the Methodist church, or I may just stay home and read about astronomy and cosmology. Or fictional cosmology: how can the larger planets rotate faster, which is what Abraham wrote with his own hand?

Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 12:04PM

I was in a store yesterday. A little girl was excitedly telling her mom about some fun activity she wanted to do. Her mom squashed all that childlike excitement with "IT'S SUNDAY TOMORROW!" Boo Hoo. Poor little girl.

No fun for mormons on Sunday, and then one day the little girl ends up on anti-depressant medication and mom won't understand why her little girl is not happy.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 12:07PM

Hunkered down, reading John Ashbery.

Yesterday I floated on salt water in pitch-black, soundless-darkness.

Tomorrow I work.

Human

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 12:12PM

I am enjoying a nice cup of Iced Coffee and a day off. I trying to get rid of these riduculus allegies that I had all week. Today I am spending the day resting and doing a little more family history research. I might throw in some drawing a little later on.

Posted by: Cahomegrown ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 12:17PM

last night, had friends over for Mango Daiquiris and homemade Mexican dish to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
We talked about churches, grace, and our experiences living in Happy Valley.
This morning...coffee machine is making the heavenly brew, birds are chirping, it's a beautiful day!
Later we'll meet up with B & SIL, the same friends for lunch, and we'll be discussing the same intriguing subjects- especially the 'life in happy valley'- people can't get enough of our stories.
Our friend's sister ended up JW- so we did a comparison of JW, Scientology & LDS- what a lively discussion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2015 12:17PM by Cahomegrown.

Posted by: wanderingbutnotlost ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 01:49PM

So far, breakfast, grocery shopping and laundry. WOOOO!!!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 01:51PM

Fired up my '72 Chevy pickup and drove it in to town for coffee with my friends. Talked about hot rods, farming and how we could use a good rain.

Ron Burr

Posted by: cupcakełicker (sober) ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 04:31PM

Southern Utah Postmormon something something. They have brownies. And graphs. And punch. And they dimmed the light because I have a hangover.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 04:36PM

Went out for brunch with some friends. Good food and beer and company. Now I'm at home, sitting out in the back yard enjoying the perfect Houston spring weather and a nice cold local craft Beer.
My wife is reading a book while I enjoy the view of her in a cute little skirt.

Life is good outside the stupid church

Posted by: foolmoon ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 04:41PM

Enjoying some Led Zeppelin while waiting for some friends to come over and bbq with us.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 04:43PM

That sounds awesome! Can I come over?

Posted by: foolmoon ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 05:08PM

Como on over, I'll place an extra chair and plate ;)

Posted by: Heathen ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 04:56PM

Took my daughter out on the lake for a relaxing morning fishing. Didn't do a whole lot of catching, but got to catch up with her life; she's home for the weekend from school.

It's been a great day so far...Gonna take a siesta...

I feel so sorry for all those Morgbots wasting away 1/2 of their weekend for a lying, money grubbing cult. Their loss.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 07:49PM

I love singing in the choir at my Anglican parish and afterward going out with family to lunch. It has been a very good day.

Posted by: contrarymary ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 07:54PM

We went to our first ever ex mo meetup. It was great knowing we weren't alone here in the heart of Mormondom!

Posted by: Swirlything ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 09:00PM

Kept sick and premature infants from dying. In other words, I went to work.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 09:29PM

I've been *trying* to declutter my house to get it ready for paint and some new flooring next week. I had two Hoover vacuums: one canister, and one upright. Both vacuums had a belt go out a week apart. The second went today. Without a vacuum, I took them both to the only vacuum store that's open for a Sunday.

They were going to charge a LOT to clean, service, and replace the belts. So we got to talking about what they had on sale. For the price of repairing my older vacuums, and that would take 2-3 weeks for parts to come in, the nice saleslady volunteered that the vacuum I really needed for my new floors after next week, was on sale for half-price. So for the price of getting my two old vacuums repaired, I left today with a brand new Oreck Titanium, on sale for half off. Do I feel good about that? Well, it's a lighter vacuum, does a superb job on hard floors and carpeting, and I get 7 years of free service thrown in.

I washed my car today, I tried out the new vacuum which works like a charm. And I mowed my yard. And I'm still decluttering my living space. So much to do before the contractors get here. But I'm coping. And the weather has been lovely here too.

I enjoyed reading what all you're all doing. Someone here is very nearly ready to have a baby girl! Abigail, is her name. So excited for you! Hope all goes well with your delivery. And Swirlything, thank you for helping the neo-natal babies. That's some of the most important work in the world.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 09:29PM

I spent the day editing a video I am producing, writing, and directing.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 10:00PM

Coffee, shopping, and doing some cleaning. That includes the bathroom, as the only toilet I care about cleaning is my own, since I'm not a janitor.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.