Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SoLongFarewell ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 12:58PM

I have my issues with the church and came here searching for answers that the church itself chooses to ignore.

Instead, what I've found are nasty, rude people who are bitter with life.

I've never seen so much ugly. So many here just couldn't cut it in the LDS.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:01PM

Please provide examples because all you are doing is name calling.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:03PM

We could be the worst bastards in the world, but it still wouldn't make Mormonism true.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:36PM

DING DING DING. That's the winning answer.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:38PM

..."come on Bubbles.let's leave this hateful place! We can stop by the Ranch and get some candy...I wish they would stop the hating!!"

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/03/14/article-2581104-1C4C447E00000578-839_634x414.jpg

Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:04PM

So you are going back to the mormon church because you are offended?

The reason to belong to a church is because you agree with its doctrine.

But feel free to do whatever makes you happy. I wish you well.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:06PM

SoLongFarewell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Instead, what I've found are nasty, rude people
> who are bitter with life.
>
Not at all, I just post that way. ;o)

Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:08PM

I don't know why...but this post just made me smile and laugh.

All the time we are told how we are full of hate and anger. Yet a lot of times I see more hate and anger from TBMs then from exmos.

But I guess theirs is ok, because it's righteous anger?

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:09PM

Lying isn't going to get you to the Celestial Kingdom. You never left to begin with.

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:09PM

I agree, examples would be helpful. Regardless, the information that can be gained outweighs little bouts of sarcasm or rants found here. Mostly it keeps the conversation lively and interesting.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:14PM

Perhaps you need that second Annointing, then, based on science, evidence, and logic, your family would prefer that you were dead rather than know the truth about the origin of Mormonism.

Good luck buying that City Creek condo and retiring with all the tithing... the church will suck from your accounts.

Too bad "you can't cut it" in reality, logic, and free thinking.

Posted by: hopefulhusband ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:16PM

"if you save but one soul, how great will be your blessings in heaven."

I guess some posters here will be disappointed when they are stuck for eternity in the celestial kingdom for saving your soul.

Don't know if you'll read the comments here, but all the best to you inside or outside of the Mormon faith.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:21PM

I came here to read funny stories and I saw your post and it made me want to stay away from the LDS. But then again, I'm not mighty and I haven't fallen.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:22PM

So you aren't all growed up yet.

A harsh word, an expletive or two, a true but uncomfortable story and you run back to the safe harbor of the churches narrative of all happiness all the time or else.

Never mind that you must give up your mind, freedom and money.

Good luck with that.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:23PM

Um, this is your one and only post. Good luck with that mormon thing.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:24PM

Don't forget you suitcases of guilt and shame. Be sure to answer to some one who is as qualified to be a bishop as any of us here,, thank you

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:28PM

Cultic religion provokes intense, often hostile, feelings, statements, opinions, and actions, on BOTH sides of the divide.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:28PM

I was going to delete this original post, but changed my mind as it so clearly demonstrates the shallow thinking of the many emails I have received from Mormons over the years. Not all Mormons are comparable to this individual.

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:29PM

But I have to call BS on this little gem.

>
> So many here just couldn't cut it in the LDS.
>

Comments like this clearly show a misunderstanding of why the Church no longer works for many people and what sites like this are about. Trotting out tired old TBM tropes like this that have little if any basis in reality makes me think you are looking for the answers you want to be true rather than the truth. Sometimes the truth is ugly.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:42PM

Actually, I agree with the OP I "just couldn't cut it in the LDS".

I couldn't cut that I would be required to live a lie.

I couldn't cut that I would not be able to state how I honestly felt about issues having a direct effect on me.

I couldn't cut that I would only be allowed to discuss "faith promoting" church history rather than the truth.

I couldn't cut that I would have to pay a substantial portion of my income without knowing how it would be used.

I couldn't cut that clear social levels exist with the highest level reserved for those with strong family ties to its past and present leaders.

Yes, the OP is correct. I left because I "just couldn't cut it in the LDS".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2015 01:44PM by Templar.

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 02:00PM

Amen

Posted by: justarelative ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:32PM

OP,

Yeah, it took me a little while to get used to the rough and tumble that is present, but not pervasive, on this board. Then I went back and re-read the title of the board: RECOVERY FROM...

It wouldn't matter what word comes next; that right there explains so much all by itself. Last time I was in a recovery room IRL I didn't look too good or feel so well. In here, you're seeing people some of whom are not at their best. That's something to consider.

JAR

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:33PM

Realize that venting the bitterness people acquired from the cult can be a healthy way to release it from your system, rather than just stuffing all those toxic emotions deep down inside (which is what being in the church requires you to do.) It’s the same kind of stuff a therapist hears all day long from their patients. It’s not like the therapist says, ‘come on, lets talk about something happy for a change.’ Mormonism was an unhappy experience for some people. This is where they talk about it. Better out than in (in more ways than one.)

Good luck with your decision. I hope it works out for you.

Posted by: adamisfree2006 ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:33PM

Funny "solongfarewell", I've been on this board for 10 years and have found the majority of the posters to be nice and pleasant. In fact I have met many IRL and have been facebook friends with many. As I see their lives via facebook I see nothing like you describe.

Reminds me how two people can look at the same thing and see something different. Enjoy you time with LD$. They will welcome you back to the fold, as long as you pay to play...

Cheers, Adam

Posted by: mormonrealitycheck ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:35PM

1. Leaving RFM

2. Returning to LDS cult

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Posted by: saucie ( )

This guy is dull, boring and perfectly suited to be a mormon

troll. We see you brother spybot. go back and report to the

pile of shit church .

Date: May 06, 2015 01:39PM

People... this guy is a shill for the church.

He's lying about why he's here. Don't fall for

his act.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 02:30PM

saucie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> People... this guy is a shill for the church.
>
> He's lying about why he's here. Don't fall for
>
> his act.

Yeah, they could not have read very much, judging by their post.

Posted by: atouchscreendarkly ( )

This, unfortunately, is not where you ought to look for those answers. This is a place to which people come to recover from he traumatic experience of a loss of faith. There are, it is true, a great many links here that people can follow to learn more, and sometimes there are observations about doctrine and practice.

It really doesn't make sense to come to a forum for suffering people and to be surprised that they are angry or bitter. This is where they come to vent anger and bitterness.

You'll also find tremendous compassion if you read the occasional plea for help. I've benefited from it a time or two myself.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you luck. I hope you'll try posting a question or something to elicit particular experience and gain the wisdom of those from whom you came seeking council, instead of thumbing through transcriptions of their ire. Don't just leave "because you were offended," as we are often labelled as having done. There is sincerity behind the pain.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:42PM

Well don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Posted by: Craig ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:44PM

Just wondering how it feels being a mole sneaking around pretending to be something you're not. You belong in the morg because you are as dishonest and decietful as that cult is so go be with them because you deserve each other.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:45PM

Reported.

Posted by: DWaters ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:48PM

Well...Bye

Date: May 06, 2015 01:50PM

Get to skipping, liar.

Posted by: Anon this time ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:57PM

I'm going to be blunt: This place isn't for telling people what to do. We aren't here to make people leave if they don't want to.

Most of what I see are people venting because they are frustrated by unjust doctrine or cases of rape and abuse being covered up to protect the church from scrutiny. Questions on how to avoid losing people who *should* love them unconditionally, simply because they think differently. People who come together for support, discussion, and community after facing the facts that they only matter to some people if they pay tithing and go to church.

I left because mormonism destroys people. I don't hate mormons in the slightest, but I have seen too many people chewed up and torn apart by the environment the religion creates. I have been one of those people chewed up and torn apart and blamed for the scars. I was tired of getting hurt and called garbage because of what others had done.

I left everything I've ever been told, facing the potential of everyone I've ever loved, and risking homelessness and starving to death. I still walk on a tightrope, hoping my family won't find out and throw me out on the streets. If that's your definition of "bitter" and "couldn't cut it" then so be it--I use a different dictionary.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 02:02PM

Ad Hominem? Sounds like you're better off LDS :)

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 02:04PM

There are nasty, rude people *in* the church as well as out of it.
What does that have to do with the claims of the church being "true" or not? Nothing. They're not "true."

If you're looking for soft, cuddly, hand-holding -- where nobody will ever challenge anything you say or believe, then there's likely no place in the world for you. Such a place doesn't exist inside or outside of the church. If you think it exists in the church, you haven't been paying attention.

It's your life, do with it as you please. The simple fact, however, is that the church's claims are false. If you can live with dishonesty and hypocrisy, and pretend they're "true," then I truly feel sorry for you. Reality is messy, it's argumentative, it's not "fair" or "nice." But it's real.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 02:05PM

It's your money!

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 02:05PM

Great post! I got a big laugh out of it!

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 02:08PM

So long, sucker!

Date: May 06, 2015 02:11PM

You know, there's nothing stinkier than a troll wearing garments.
do your laundry dude.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 02:11PM

Just sayin: I never meet any nasty and disappointed from life people here but a lot of these characters in TSCC. I only met helpful, but bluntly honest, - and thats soneting that can hurt in tge veginning - caring and lovibg people as long as they are no TBM Trolls

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 02:25PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.