Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: crissykays ( )
Date: May 07, 2015 11:34AM

I am new to this exlds thing i guess and just realized how obsessed the LDS church really is with the sexuality of the youth. That is the best way to keep mind control I guess. Now i am not saying that it is a bad idea to advise young adults to not be too quick to engage in sexual activity for obvious reasons. BUT why are they sooo worried about 12yr. privates and what they choose to do with them. There could be a few out there that are very sheltered and no nothing of there own sexuality at that age but most of us did. They made me feel soo guilty and found out my dear daughter did too, and sadly it was devistating to her felt like she was defective etc. ITS a sick sick thing. I didnt realize how sick they really were til now ugh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fakeempire ( )
Date: May 07, 2015 12:28PM

It truly is sick, and sad too because they make you feel awful for simply being normal. And unfortunately, this can carry over into adulthood and really mess up someone's sexuality for the rest of their life; all that unnecessary guilt and pain for something so natural, and deeply personal, can cripple the healthy development of one's sexual attitude and identity.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: May 07, 2015 12:59PM

My B/f and I were just talking about this subject and how sick

and obsessive it is that not only mormons but all christian

and god believing religions are obsessed with women's sexuality,

womens bodies, womens repoductive rights... What is really sad

are the number of women who adhere to those beliefs. They are

being treated like a three cow wife with no rights and they

go right along with it. Its really really sick and revolting.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 07, 2015 01:11PM

I had no idea what "masturbation" was until my bishop asked me if I did it during my deacon interview (12 years old).

Now, I certainly might have figured out what it was on my own, without any such prompting. In fact, I probably would have. However, him asking me if I did it certainly gave me incentive to find out earlier than I would have on my own.

Silly saps :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.