Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: frizzy18 ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 05:34PM

basically my mormon ex boyfriend dumped me out of the blue while on his church history trip because "god told him he should" and recently I remembered i have his password to facebook and i went on it and hes talking to that one girl best friend he made and told me not to worry about because shes like his best friend. they werent technically flirting but in a way i guess. she asked what he would do if she moved to hawaii since shes visiting. and he said ill move to wherever you go. idk i didnt like that and it made me feel really betrayed.

it hasnt even been a month that he left me and hes already talking to her like everyday. on the other hand he claims he cares for me and checks up on my social media but i dont believe him anymore.

I really want to get over him because ever since hes come back from that trip hes been rude to his other friends and only hangs out with his church trip friends. hes like a completely opposite person and i feel really used by him.

I hope he leaves for his mission soon so i wont have to see his face for two years. that girl ruined my life shes a homewrecker and i hate her, i hate him too but a part of me still doesnt and i hate that, help.

once the guilt of doing things he shouldnt have hit him he dumped me and befriended a mormon girl who looks like shes 12, literally. he had to come clean for his mission and he is a jerk for making me go through this and ruining my summer.

i hate him and i wish i would stop caring about him.
(sorry for the rant) :/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 05:43PM

I'm so sorry. I would definitely unfollow him from your social media, and do consider dropping him altogether -- either now or in time.

I know that it hurts, but it wasn't meant to be.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 05:44PM

Been there, done that. I think it's very useful to your progress that you try not to dwell in the past, or to think about "what might have been."

It's a well recognized principle that an RM HAS to marry in the temple...like ASAP when he gets home. He took this to heart, when something happened on that church trip that made him think about this principle.

And believe me, he's put all the blame for his transgressions on YOU, making it easier for him to move on in the church. Like the mormon prophets of old, you have been thrown under the bus.

Here's a nice, proper step you can take, which at the same time will clue him to how much you know: send him an email, advising him to change his FB PW. Don't say anything else. He will then realize how much you know.

Try to avoid seeking 'revenge' as that often poisons the atmosphere that you have to breath, too. You'll have a period of mourning, but then the colors will return to your life.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 05:58PM

look at the good side ....

at least you weren't married to him.

Posted by: frizzy18 ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 07:45PM

is it that bad? haha

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 06:14PM

Oh ya. Young love! Very fickle!
Save your emotional responses.
Get on with your life. This is part of growing up. Most of us gals have been through more than one of those experiences.
Remember that you are OK and none of this is about you.
Get busy doing what you want, cut all ties to the guy. No more checking up on him. He's history.
Now get out there and have some fun!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 06:36PM

This is a blow, but you'll grow and be stronger from the experience. Good thoughts to you.

Posted by: did you think of? ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 06:39PM

At least you've learned that using passwords that were entrusted to you after you shouldn't be, isn't going to help in any way. Stalking isn't a good strategy, no matter how a relationship ends or how hurt you are.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 06:41PM

frizzy18 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I hope he leaves for his mission soon so i wont
> have to see his face for two years. that girl
> ruined my life shes a homewrecker and i hate her,
> i hate him too but a part of me still doesnt and i
> hate that, help.

(1) She didn't ruin your life. She saved it for you.

(2) The part that hates him too and "still doesn't" are very
bothersome, but very natural. Be accepting of the ambiguity.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 08:57PM

Listen to Baura... he's right.
You dodged a bullet.

Posted by: ellenl ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 06:50PM

It's not helpful to label other women as homewreckers.

If someone really loves you, they will be loyal to you. That's the kind of man you deserve, and hopefully you will find someday.

Posted by: anonforthisexmorm ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 07:53PM

The girl didn't ruin your life, he did.

Except that your life isn't ruined.

Posted by: Anon4This ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 09:14PM

If he gave you the password, then technically you aren't hacking, but I agree that you shouldn't waste time with him in your social network on- or off-line. If I were you, though, I'd change his password so that he can't get back in. That'd be funny.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 09:16PM

Anon4This Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If he gave you the password, then technically you
> aren't hacking, but I agree that you shouldn't
> waste time with him in your social network on- or
> off-line. If I were you, though, I'd change his
> password so that he can't get back in. That'd be
> funny.

I don't think it would be funny at all.

:(

Posted by: Anonforthisinparticular ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 09:20PM

You really need to mature up and learn to move on. He is clearly not worth it and your behaviour is bordering on obsessing and stalking. Hacking his Facebook, even if you know his passwords, is something he can have you charged for.

Move on.

Posted by: Anonforthisinparticular ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 09:21PM

Just another note, unless you are common law or married, she isn't a home wrecker.

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 09:56AM

And now its time for you to move on.

*No cyberstalking. He will be doing things without you. He will be doing things with other people. It only prolongs your pain and prevents your own healing. Put energy into your own life.

*Him flirting with someone else is not betrayal. He is not your boyfriend any longer. I am sure it hurt, but refer back to the point above. If you keep peeking-you are doing that hurt to yourself.

*Block his social media and stay away from his. Even if he does care for you, the two of you are not together. Boys and men can care for someone in their past while moving on with another. Sometimes a girl is just a friend. Either way: Does not matter because you are not part of his life.

*It sounds like he has pushed the reset button of "be only around church people mode". How does that make you feel used? (I get hurt. But used?)

*RE: The other girl. She is not a homewrecker. You are not his wife. No one got divorced. No one cheated on you. HE ended the relationship with you. Sometimes relationships end.

*Hate will be a wasted emotion and the only person you are punishing is yourself. Do not give up any more power to a BOY who has fickle feelings. There is still a lot of summer left. Claim the rest of it for yourself and your own well being. Spend time with friends, go do something you really enjoy, do something to distress and find your own happy that has nothing to do with this guy.

RMM

Posted by: rracer ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 10:07AM

Face it my dear, you dodged a bullet. Let him go, and enjoy your life.

Posted by: whywait ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 01:32PM

It sounds like you have some big issues with control and relationships.

He broke up with you and is seeing someone else sooner than you think he should. THAT ISN'T YOUR BUSINESS.

You are cyberstalking him, quite possibly in violation of the law.

You didn't have a home with the boy, so she can't be a homewrecker.

Others on here say you dodged a bullet. I kinda think he did.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 01:50PM

I agree that you dodged a bullet with him. The term homewrecker only applies if you were living with your ex, or already married to him. Just block him on Facebook, and forget about using his password to hack into his account, as that's considered cyberstalking.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.