Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 10:59AM

CHRIST, OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS.

Full text available here

http://www.utlm.org/onlineresources/proclamationoftwelve.htm

Highlights..........

New York April 6, 1845.

To all the King's of the World;
To the President of the United States of America;
To the Governors of the several States;
And to the Rulers and People of all Nations:

KNOW YE:—

THAT the kingdom of God has come: as has been predicted by ancient prophets, and prayed for in all ages; even that kingdom which shall fill the whole earth, and shall stand for ever.

The great Eloheem Jehovah has been pleased once more to speak from the heavens: and also to commune with man upon the earth, by means of open visions, and by the ministration of HOLY MESSENGERS.

By this means the great and eternal High Priesthood, after the Order of his Son, even the Apostleship, has been restored; or, returned to the earth.

We also bear testimony that the "Indians" (so called) of North and South America are a remnant of the tribes of Israel; as is now made manifest by the discovery and revelation of their ancient oracles and records.

And that they are about to be gathered, civilized, and made one nation in this glorious land.

They will also come to the knowledge of their forefathers, and of the fulness of the gospel; and they will embrace it, and become a righteous branch of the house of Israel.

And now, O ye kings, rulers, and people of the Gentiles: hear ye the word of the Lord; for this commandment is for you. You are not only required to repent and obey the gospel in its fulness, and thus become members or citizens of the kingdom of God, but you are also hereby commanded, in the name of Jesus Christ, to put your silver and your gold, your ships and steam-vessels, your railroad trains and your horses, chariots, camels, mules, and litters, into active use, for the fulfillment of these purposes.

The courts of Rome, London, Paris, Constantinople, Petersburgh, and all others, will then have to yield the point, and do homage, and all pay tribute to one Great Centre, and to one mighty Sovereign, or, THRONES WILL BE CAST DOWN. AND KINGDOMS WILL CEASE TO BE.

Priests, bishops, and clergy, whether Catholic, Protestant, or Mahomedan, will then have to yield their pretended claims to the priesthood, together with titles, honors, creeds and names; and reverence and obey the true and royal priesthood of the order of Melchisedech, and of Aaron; restored to the rightful heirs, the nobility of Israel; or, the dearth and famine will consume them, and the plague sweep them quickly down to the pit, as in the case of Korah, Dathan and Abiram, who pretended to the priesthood, and rebelled against God's chosen priests and prophets, in the days of Moses.

We would now make a solemn appeal to our rulers and other fellow-citizens, whether it is treason to know? or even to publish what we know? If it is, then strike the murderous blow, but listen to what we say.

We say, then, in life or in death, in bonds or free, that the great God has spoken in this age.—And we know it.

He has given us the Holy Priesthood and Apostleship, and the keys of the kingdom of God, to bring about the restoration of all things as promised by the holy prophets of old.—And we know it.

He has revealed the origin and the Records of the aboriginal tribes of America, and their future destiny.—And we know it.

He has revealed the fulness of the gospel, with its gifts, blessings, and ordinances.—And we know it.

He has commanded us to bear witness of it, first to the Gentiles and then to the remnants of Israel and the Jews.—And we know it.

And last, but not least, we would invite the Editor of the Cherokee Advocate, and others of the remnant of Joseph, to publish the same as extensively as possible in the Indian tongues.

We also will endeavor on our part, to publish at our office, No. 7 Spruce street, New York, one hundred thousand copies of this work, to circulate in this country, gratis. And will do our best endeavors to send them to all presidents, governors, legislators, judges, postmasters, rulers, and people, not forgetting the clergy.

All persons who wish to aid us in so doing, will please forward us contributions for that purpose, directed to our office, No. 7, Spruce street, New York.

All who wish a number of copies for distribution, will obtain them at the above-named office, at 50 cents per hundred.

The world are also informed, that further information can be had by applying to the following general publishing offices of the Latter-day Saints.—Mr. John Taylor, "Times and Seasons" office, Nauvoo, in the State of Illinois; Messrs. Pratt and Brannan, "Prophet" office, No. 7, Spruce street, New York; Mr. Wilford Woodruff "Millennial Star" office, No. 36, Chapel street Liverpool, England. Also, of our travelling elders, and in our religious meetings throughout the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2015 11:00AM by Zeezromp.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 11:20AM

Back in 2000; the apostles made it sound like they had all seen Jesus.

They used the description in D&C 110 & D&C 76---then you read it again and you find out, they're not testifying to nothing except "feelings". My TBM sister has this framed and hanging and every once in a while I ask her, "Have they heard from Jesus lately on how to handle the Middle East, Same Sex Marriage, Poverty and disparity between the Rich and Poor?"

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/the-living-christ

Date: July 10, 2015 02:48PM

In the ward I attended here in the UK, one member told me that Gordon Hinckley (Profit at the time) would speak with Jesus personally present in some upper room at the Salt Lake Temple.

I started to wonder that I may be around a bunch of cranks.

It got stupider later when another member claimed God had deposited money in her account that she never had prior.

I was later trying to fathom out if they were just a bit mentally ill anyway or had the church made them that way.

The whole thing is just so deluded and these Apostolic Proclamations are just arrogant BS.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 05:38PM

Zeezromp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the ward I attended here in the UK, one member
> told me that Gordon Hinckley (Profit at the time)
> would speak with Jesus personally present in some
> upper room at the Salt Lake Temple.

Yah and at one point MORmON Jesus told Gordon to retain the services of a Jewish PR consulting firm to help shape up THE church's image, a measure needed because of MORmON Jesus' blunder of insisting on re implement polygamy.

Apparently MORmON Jesus is a real MORmON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kkema-oqtM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 02:53PM

Hinckley: I don't know that we ever taught that.

Sigh.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 06:09PM

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 10, 2015 07:31PM

Why don't the modern leaders talk like this anymore? Bunch of wimps.

Date: July 11, 2015 08:53AM

Yes todays LDS Leaders are wimps and cowards with no real courage or conviction to the wide open world stage as did the prior ones.

Todays LDS Apostles just try to look authoritive and full of conviction only in front of their own recruits in conferences and firesides.

Does the church and it's Apostles today still stand by this Testimony given by these prior LDS apostles?

"We also bear testimony that the "Indians" (so called) of North and South America are a remnant of the tribes of Israel; as is now made manifest by the discovery and revelation of their ancient oracles and records.

And that they are about to be gathered, civilized, and made one nation in this glorious land.

They will also come to the knowledge of their forefathers, and of the fulness of the gospel; and they will embrace it, and become a righteous branch of the house of Israel."

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 07:39PM

yah it would be quite amusing to see the MORmON leaders spout this kind of rhetoric when the Catholic church was in its hey day of iron fist enforcement about it being the one and only true church.

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 06:34PM

I think Warren Jeffs clan sent some type of proclamation like this to all the libraries in the US a few years back.

I love how this one points out the lamanite/jewish thing so plainly.

I also love the arrogance regarding all the world "courts" and other religions to bow down to mormonism. Um, how is that working out for you, boys?

And what the hell is this about: "The great Eloheem Jehovah" Didn't they get the memo from JS that those are two dudes not one? I guess they didn't watch the correlated first vision film strip much back then.

Posted by: 3X (nli) ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 06:55PM

I love the "To" list on that memo - straight out of "The Day the Earth Stood Still".

Picture Michael Rennie walking down the ramp of the flying saucer with The Proclamation" in his hand:

"People of Earth ..."

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 07:33PM

Well, this letter is still in force, right? Monson should send a copy to the President of Iran; I'm sure he'll get a kick out of the whole Jewish-state part and immediately convert to Mormonism, and all John Kerry's problems will be solved.

On a more serious note, it is amazing to think of the hubris and mind games and hoops these people must have been able to jump through in order to believe this crap. I am astounded especially at how quickly the leadership rallied around the cry of "Martyrdom!" almost immediately after the death of the Smiths, and made themselves believe it to the extent that they had no qualms proclaiming such in a public document such as this.

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 08:36AM

Interestingly, President Newsroom has explained that Mormon doctrine resides in "official declarations and proclamations" (http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/approaching-mormon-doctrine).

I guess we're back at the hemispheric model, then?

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 02:08PM

I miss the days when the Word of Wisdom wasn't enforced.

Posted by: Britboy ( )
Date: July 12, 2015 03:45PM

It was common at testimony meeting in England to hear, i know the Prophet walks and talks with Jesus everyday! There were lots of stories about lights coming on and off in London Temple when no one was there!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.