Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 03:48PM

I thought it was really interesting that the text of his damning conference talk was changed after he gave it.

It seems odd to me that a prophet--whose words are supposedly inspired by god--would need to go back and revise what was said. It just seems like Jesus would help him get it right the first time, know what I mean?

Anyways, so some you may be thinking this is old news- well i finally got a chance to ask my morgbot family about it at dinner this week. They all acknowledged it, but nobody would say much about it. It felt like they were looking the other way in regards to it.

The foundation/pillar/cornerstone of mormonism belief truly is- If it doesn't make sense, don't think hard about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 03:59PM

... is that you can't satisfy all your poontang AND pay attention to minor details.

Just too much for any man or god or man-god to handle!

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2010 03:59PM by Timothy.

Posted by: gonesolong ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 04:03PM

I have not been here to read for a long long time and was wondering if you could link to what speech you are referring to?

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 04:11PM

I am not sure how to link to an exact post with this new ware. I better figure that out :)! But I did find this post and then topped the thread about it being edited. I THINK this will work for you.

Links to conference reports using the word "tendencies" in the Salt Lake Tribute & Deseret News:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/50404210-78/packer-church-lds-sex.html.csp

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700070614/President-Boyd-K-Packer-Cleansing-the-inner-temple.html

The "official" reports at lds.org can be checked for "temptations".

Posted by: gonesolong ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 04:22PM

Very helpful links - thanks

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: October 18, 2010 04:22PM

It's like they lost their Homecoming game 60-zip. They aren't discussing Mormonism at all. My mother is severely handicapped by not being able to discuss Mormonism. It's the only thing in her life.

But it's all good. I know it must look like they threw Packer under the bus by blaming the changes to his talk on him, but the truth is it came out a lot better in the original German.

Date: October 18, 2010 04:52PM

You mean your mother may have to talk about something unusual for her like her FAMILY?

Date: October 18, 2010 05:39PM

I'm sure in time the sheeple will receive their marching orders and then this tense situation will disappear like it never happened.

Date: October 18, 2010 05:57PM

Selective Memory is very convenient isn't it ;)

Date: October 18, 2010 06:19PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.