Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Unbelievable ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 11:23AM

I just got information from a lovely woman named Rose at the Confidential Records, Office of the First Presidency. I sent in my resignation on July 25th and it was received on July 30th. She told me it is being processed and was already sent to my BP and SP on July 31st so they can remove my name from their local units. She gave me a date of September 28th in which they have to respond back to Confidential Records division. Then the Confidential Records division will send me a letter the next day stating that my name has been removed per my request. The word ex-communication will not be used because no immoral act took place. The address I used to send my letter was:
Member Records Division, LDS Church
50 East North Temple. Room 1372
S.L.C., Utah 84150-5310

I am assuming this address is the other side of the building or around the corner from Confidential Records division, Office of the First Presidency, 47 E. South Temple,
S.L.C., Utah 84150-1010.

Either way they got my letter in a timely manner and it is being processed. If you have your own questions, here is the phone number to call: 801-240-2053.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Unbelievable ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 11:40AM

Also, my letter was scanned after being received and sent electronically to the BP and SP. They have a form to complete to remove my name from the records. If they do not respond within a certain time, then the Confidential Records division does it automatically. If BP and SP complete the form in a week or two, then the process gets done sooner. My only regret is that I didn't resign earlier.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 12:45AM

Yay! Isn't it awesome?

Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 11:50AM

Congratulations and welcome to our elite club! we'd teach you the tokens and hand signs, but we--uh--forgot to make up any.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 12:35PM

Posted by: Pathway ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 02:46PM

Congrats...but something about what they told you bothers me. You said that

"The word ex-communication will not be used because no immoral act took place"

That is beside the point if you did or did not do anything immoral. If you request your name to be removed, they have to remove it. Period..regardless of any other circumstances in your life...moral or immoral(they consider same sex marriage immoral)... Being a part of that Church is a voluntary choice and it is your choice to remain or leave no matter what your personal reasons are...

Now, they do have the right to kick you out if you are not playing by their rules and still trying to be a member. That is a different story.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 11:38PM

That bothered me too. Immoral according to who???

Posted by: miguel ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 04:04PM

You're lucky. It took me probably a month of writing letters, and the church delaying and bsing. I finally contacted a local SP, who was an attorney, who filled out the forms. Good for you.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 11:28PM

except that your name is never removed.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 11:31PM

Yup,
it just gets put into a different place on the computer.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 12:35AM

Which is why it should be called resigning, not name removal. That's actually what it is.

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 12:44AM

Congratulations! I put mine in the mail yesterday!

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 12:46AM

Congratulations to you to formermollymormon!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.