Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: August 20, 2015 09:18PM

Two More Women Accuse Bill Cosby of Sexual Assault

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/two-more-women-accuse-bill-cosby-of-sexual-assault/ar-BBlWKwF

Will this story ever end!??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: August 20, 2015 09:28PM

Remember how he used to call himself Dr. Cosby?

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 21, 2015 05:24AM

Years ago, I believe, he earned a PhD in education at USC.

It just hurts to see that another "admirable" person has fallen. I admired him so much - not only for his incredible talent as a comedian in the early years, and a TV actor later, but for his efforts to keep black kids in school and help them achieve success.

It seemed like he really had his act together. . .until he didn't, any more.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: August 22, 2015 03:41PM

Even back then, I could sense that he was guy who liked to play doctor, so to speak. The degree was just a toy for him. And so was any young woman foolish enough to meet him in private for his special brand of "career guidance."

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 05:51PM

They weren't "foolish", they are victims of horrific violent crime.

Posted by: anonforthisexmorm ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 05:54PM

Foolish?! Way to victim blame.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 01:14PM

I think he got his PhD from Temple University

Date: August 24, 2015 05:52PM

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: August 20, 2015 10:01PM

The Friendly Subway former fatty is a pedophile.

Everybody's dad figure in the 1980's on NBC is a serial rapist.

The Most Holy Reverence HRH Duggar Fucktard is not only a pedophile, but he actively searches for somebody to blatantly cheat with while simultaneously preaches about the sanctity of "the traditional marriage".

The mormon church announced that Joseph Smith was indeed married to at least 33 women. They admit the youngest was "just a few months shy of her 15th birthday".

And the gays will ruin marriage.

Posted by: Renie ( )
Date: August 20, 2015 10:58PM

can I use that on FB? It pretty much says it all!

Posted by: Hikergrl ( )
Date: August 20, 2015 11:42PM

Best post of the day!

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: August 21, 2015 06:07PM

"Everybody's dad figure in the 1980's on NBC is a serial rapist."

Cosby is making Dick van Patten, Alan Thicke, and Michael Gross look pretty good right now, isn't he. :-)

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: August 20, 2015 11:00PM

brb ~ gonna go stock up on pudding pops

Posted by: JackM ( )
Date: August 20, 2015 11:04PM

What a piece of sh__. Here's hoping justice catches up with him.

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: August 20, 2015 11:51PM

One lady was fifteen when Cosby raped her, so the statute of limitations won't apply. He will do prison time. I hope the others file for civil damages $. What an evil scumbag.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 21, 2015 12:54AM

+1

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: August 21, 2015 09:58AM

While I think he SHOULD do prison time, I don't think he will ever see the inside of a jail cell. Privileged, old, and super wealthy. He has the means to avoid prison.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: August 21, 2015 08:05AM

Here's the problem I have with these accusations...and I will let the women here speak to this...and I will probably be flamed for it.

"one woman, identified only as Elizabeth, says Cosby drugged and assaulted her in 1976. Elizabeth says she met Cosby on a flight from New York to L.A. when she was "barely 20" and working as a flight attendant. After he invited her to the Playboy Mansion, Elizabeth says the two went out for dinner at a Japanese restaurant, where she claims he "insisted" that she drink sake."

"The second woman, Charlotte Fox, says she met Cosby in the 1970s, when she was 23 and working as an extra on Uptown Saturday Night. He'd invited her to a jazz bar and then, later, the Playboy Mansion for dinner and drinks."

I am not saying this didn't happen....BUT this happened over 40 yrs ago. No charges were ever filed but to come back...40 yrs later to ACCUSE someone of a crime where there is no way to prove the assault, seems like the less conservatives in society have found a way to put that "uppity" black man in his place.

Now, he may have assaulted these women, but I tend to think he was whorin' around town.

I asked my wife and other women about this and they tend to think the same thing.

Some more diverse black people are using this as an excuse to NOT take Cosby's past advice for disadvantaged black people to "pull your pants up", "get a job", and "get an education".

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 21, 2015 10:24AM

Where he admits to purchasing quaaludes in order to make women compliant for his somnophilia?

Drugging someone to have sex with them IS rape!

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: August 21, 2015 01:42PM

"the less conservatives in society have found a way to put that "uppity" black man in his place."

That's not internally logically consistent. Isn't it supposed to be the conservatives who are so racist and wanting to put the so called uppity black man in his place? Why would liberals, who are all about fighting for civil rights for everyone, men, women, children, GLBTQ, and people of color be singling one person out to put him in his place? Why Cosby, if your assertion holds any weight at all, instead of, say, I dunno. Denzel Washington. Or any wealthy, famous black man. It's not like Cosby is the only one.

And you MIGHT have a halfway decent point IF these old allegations from the 70s were the only ones. All they do is serve to prove a longstanding pattern of behavior that has gone on for what appears to be most of Cosby's adult life. We have 50 allegations to date. They weren't ALL from 40 years ago. Some were from 40 years ago, some were from 30 years ago, some were from 20 years ago, and some were from 10 years ago. And TBH, I'm not really sure how much race has anything to do with anything, seeing how Cosby's accusers run the range of white, black, latina, and everything in between. The man is pathological, but you STILL want to cut him a break. I don't get it. Why are you fighting so hard in your mind to keep him innocent?

I wonder how much smoke do you have to see before you finally call "FIRE"?

Posted by: seriously? ( )
Date: August 22, 2015 03:40AM

He was a methodical predator who raped unconscious women.

What 20 year old, who went on a date with him would think anyone would believe her? Mr. Nice, clean comedy Cosby, a monster?

Rape would be humiliating enough without being dragged through the mud by lawyers of one of most famous people in the country.

If you have a daughter, I hope she doesn't encounter a "nice" guy who is just "whoring around." Most of us have been in similar coercive situations and luckily escaped.

He ruined lives. He needs to be prosecuted.

Posted by: anonforthisexmorm ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 10:17AM

Why would 50 women lie about this, and why now, if the only issue was that Cosby cheated on his wife (which I'd venture to say almost all celebrity men AND women do)? If all they wanted was 15 minutes of fame, they'd have said something when they were hot and 20 and still in Hollywood, not 10, 20, or 30 years later. It's not that big of a deal to be a mistress anymore, nor has it really ever been in Hollywood. It's not like they would have been shamed. But they would probably be shamed, blamed, and/or doubted if they came out with rape accusations against a rich and powerful figure, especially a few decades ago when they could still be questioned in court about their past sex life, what they were wearing, etc.

Date: August 24, 2015 05:54PM

and probably over 100 total victims.
Many victims DID try to file charged or take him to court, but they had their careers, reputations and LIVES destroyed by Cosby's hired detectives and lawyers who systematically destroyed these women.
Cosby is nothing short of a monster.

Date: August 24, 2015 05:56PM

head out?

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: August 21, 2015 01:58PM

And Cosby won't even admit it. He should turn over his fortune and turn himself in.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 22, 2015 03:57PM

I read that his wife is standing by him. Is there more to that story?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 22, 2015 05:33PM

gemini Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read that his wife is standing by him. Is there
> more to that story?

Other than that she would not like to be poor and alone? But mostly it's the 'poor' that frightens her into standing by him.

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: August 22, 2015 06:02PM

And after all this, does Whoopi still defend him? "It's never been proven in a court of law" is what Whoopi was yellin on The View. Well, as far as I know, no court was ever given a chance to look at it. That's a big difference.

Date: August 24, 2015 05:59PM

Posted by: iknowthischurchisfalse ( )
Date: August 23, 2015 11:28PM

Bill Maher joked about it saying there are more accusers than there are shades of gray.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 05:12AM

No 'shades of gray' on this one. He is an evil, evil man who deserves to rot in a cell for the rest of his perverted life.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.