Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rogermartim ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 12:44PM

I am a no-mo, but I'm friends with a Mormon on Facebook as we went to high school together and next year will be our 50th anniversary since graduation. It's a busy time on our 1966 Facebook page. He is very TBM and moved to Utah after he finished his missionary stint.

Another high school friend who I don't remember is also a Mormon and lives in Utah (Do lots of Non-Utahan Mormons move there?). Anyway I guess his son or grandson is going on a mission and there was a SM yesterday in his honor. One of the items in this bulletin which he scanned and shared on Facebook was "[Female Name] would like to play a piano solo, 'Armies of Helaman'" with a drawing of a missionary in a tie front and center and behind him are a bunch of stripling men (or is it warriors or heros).

Isn't this Helaman stuff about young men being encouraged not to beat their meat?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 24, 2015 01:20PM

rogermartim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't this Helaman stuff about young men being
> encouraged not to beat their meat?

Yep, and some Mormon wrote that song to connect Anti-Nephi-Lehite Stripling warriors who didn't do "missionary work" or "not masturbate" and yet are associated with both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmhT2IG8Z9k

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.