Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: silhouette ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 12:55AM

For all your love, advice and support.

Me and the wife (her mostly) have decided to separate over this issue (me cussing out her meddling dad added some zest as well). I am sure in a few months after the dust has settled, we will both remain friends and things will be fine.

My father in law asked "why do people leave the church, but can't leave it alone". Simple. It is destructive and leaves a void for years to come with events like these. I am glad that communities like this exist so we can help one another, and keep us level headed.

A little edit: This has come to pass as her dad is negatively influencing her, convincing her to divorce me. Christ like indeed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2010 01:04AM by silhouette.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mi ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 12:58AM

My best wishes to you as you move into this new phase of your life. You sound upbeat about the future despite your present difficulties, and I really admire that.

Posted by: nalicea ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 12:58AM

I agree. We all need to vent. It is unhealthy to not have anyone to talk to about all that we have "endured". blech

I am sorry about your seperation. I hope that things will turn out for the better, as the dust starts to settle.

Posted by: emanon ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 01:01AM

What an incredibly difficult situation. I'm so sorry to hear this has happened, it didn't need too. (damn cult)

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 01:09AM

What a shame to find out she prefers the church to you. I guess she gets what she deserves.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 01:32AM

Seems like for her DAD the church is just more important than you. You are second class. And she agrees. I am glad that you seem strong because I think a new phase of your life is beginning that will not have to deal with this crazy cult. Take time to sort things all out, but don't be afraid, ever, to BE YOU!!!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 03:00PM

The "family" church strikes again.

I'm sorry you are going through this. Good luck through the transition.

I hope your wife finds life with daddy, her cult and some future looser Mormon just what she is looking for. Sigh.

Meanwhile, expand your horizons. Your life will be open to greater opportunities and enlightenment.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 04:42PM

Sorry this has happened. Any children?

Posted by: benben ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 05:33PM

I was just about ready to post a message to ask if there were any updates with your situation. I am so sorry that you have to go through this, especially when a portion of your pains are caused by a meddling third party. I wish you all the best, and hope that you have all the support you need to make it through these pains.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 05:47PM

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 06:34PM

Been there,,done that. My ex divorced me because I would not re-join the mormons,,and take her through the temple. We had a good marriage,,2 great kids,,a thriving business. What a joke about family values.

Posted by: Way Out ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 07:08PM

Sorry to hear about your situation. My ex-FIL also had a significant hand in pushing me toward a divorce. It was prior to me coming out as a non-believer and my marriage had few, if any, redeeming qualities. My ex-FIL conveniently had a "revelation" by the power of his priesthood that there was another man who would come into his daughter's life and make her happy.

Boy, I wish that other man would hurry up and marry his daughter so I can stop paying alimony!

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 19, 2010 08:11PM

Human love is real and cannot be replaced by an institution. Single Mormon mothers are not like nuns who "marry" Christ. If you have the ability to remain decent to her, pay your child support (and the alimony, too), she may see that you're the Christ-like one without the CHrist.

I am reminded by the terrible story of that old stake president who gave everything to the church--gave his wife's time, his children's time, his personal time, and then when they grew up became a carousel temple ghost. Round and round he went babbling for dead people day after day all the while thinking this life of dedication, why the church would take care of him.

He ended up in Heber and neighbors found starving/freezing/sick and basically abandoned. I can't remember all the details, but I always think of him when I encounter people turning their backs on those who love them --LOVE THEM as individuals--and choose anonymous corporate fake love. It's delusional. This story became public, I can't remember where, so

Some of you old exmos might remember the old stake president Heber story- if so, fill me in....tks

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.