Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: October 03, 2015 07:24PM

I don't understand why you all are upset with Monson and the other leaders for not picking any one from South America, Asia, Europe, Africa, etc.

It is not up to Monson's personal preferences or the other GAs. These new men for the 12 are picked by inspiration. It comes from Jesus.

So take it up with the Lord.

I'm sure the conversation with Tommy was something like, "Hey, that guy from Logan with all the money who has been presiding bishop, he knows where all my money is so pick him. And that other rich guy who lives in south salt lake who made his money with Huntsman and hangs out with Dallin, he would be good with my money. And we need another doctor since Nelson is 90, so pick that doctor guy whose wife is a PI attorney."

The Lord's ways are not our ways people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 03, 2015 07:29PM

I would take it up with the Lord -- but he's been unavailable for, oh, eternity. Seeing as how he doesn't exist and all.

So Monson's all we've got. :)

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: October 03, 2015 08:15PM

Because if you look closely at the morg higher up in management, they're all white. You won't find a black, Hispanic etc there. Or anybody from the growing poor and what's left of the middle class. The same could be said of stake presidencies and bishopric as well.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.