Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: November 23, 2015 07:13PM

I received an email from a friend of mine who is in a SSM. I have known her for years and went to the U of U with her.
Anyhow, she has been attending the Mo church all these years. She is actually the V.T. coordinator in her ward. She and her wife have 3 children, the oldest is 9 and the other two are under 8 years old.

With the new policy, she and her wife have been made into Apostates so they are no longer members of the CULT now. Due to the fact that her two youngest kids can't be in the CULT, she resigned her 9 year old too. She wants the entire family to be able to go to church together which is certainly not an unreasonable desire.

They are ALL attending a Protestant church now and have been baptized (ALL of them) in this church.

I wonder if the CULT realizes that families (including SSM families) who want the entire family to go to church together are going to all get baptized into another church. They are NOT going to have their kids wait until they are 18 and then denounce their families and join a CULT that doesn't want them anyway. I wonder if the CULT has given this much thought.

They act as if there will be a rush of 18 year olds getting baptized and denouncing their families. They have another think coming. What MORONS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 23, 2015 07:38PM

That's how I wanted to respond to a Mormon friend who posted on FB in support of the brethren. I wanted to say, if the Mormon church won't baptize these kids, another church gladly will.

I attended the funeral of a child of a gay couple a number of years ago. Their church was a mainstream Protestant church, and it became obvious to me that the couple had selected their church community with care. I could clearly see that their little family had been warmly accepted by their faith community, who rallied around them in support. Their church would never have refused baptism to their child.

I think that we will see this more and more. Gay parents will want to raise their kids in a fully accepting environment.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 23, 2015 07:42PM

I'm so glad your friend is now going to another church.....

The mormon church is so stupid... what did they think was going

to happen?

Other churches accept gays and lesbians with arms wide open...

and yet, here are the mormons acting like the haters they are.

May they rot in hell where they belong.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 23, 2015 11:40PM

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 12:23AM

Thank You VerilyVerily !!

WELL SAID !!!!!

Posted by: thatsnotmyname ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 12:30AM

That is NOT what they are thinking - they were thinking that they could exclude gays without anyone noticing (read: without the policy being leaked) so that SSMs couldn't influence members into realizing that gay people are not Satanic.

Keeping the flock pure people!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 12:31AM

Surely this is all part of the xxx plan and is taken into account when pondering equality, fairness, respect and honor of personality/ diversity. Family rules and everyone fake smiles together - unless they can be torn apart through childlike ignorance (and wanton abuse) of emotionally and spiritually harmful practices like [but not limited to]: punishment, manipulation, coercion, persuasion, force-control, guilt, lies, trickery, slight of spirit, separation, shunning, backstabing, smearing, shaming, leading into darkness, disrespect, abandonment etc...

Mormonism is an ego-religion. It just needs to act like it cares; not necessarily [need to] care. It's more concerned about appearances, though it doesn't always appear to be.

This - like many other mBSc, will surely "backfire?", liberating many more children (and adults) from bondage and 'punishing' - or awakening - quite a few otherwise on/ practicing, or seeking, the path of truth, beauty and love.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2015 01:41PM by moremany.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 12:48AM

I think they WANT to get rid of the gay families, kids included.

They can't have ward members interacting with gay families and finding out that they are nice people, and good parents. (sarcasm alert).

Posted by: Heathen ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 01:29AM

I agree completely.
This was their end game all along.

Posted by: KiNeverMo ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 11:34AM

I think so, too.

Posted by: Shinehahbeam ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 11:50AM

Exactly. I think they want to get rid of all the liberal NOM's as well. They don't want members that practice the principles that they supposedly believe, and they certainly don't want their hardcore members to be infected with the truth.

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 11:57AM

Carol Lynn Pearson and Mitch Maynes were interviewed on Mormon Matters about the bishop's handbook policy change recently. CLP said if Mormons saw happy gay and lesbian couples and their beautiful well-adjusted children in church it would wreck the narrative. Duh.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 03:06PM

I think that's very possible.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 02:22PM

Wisdom says this is O.E.C. ('One Evil {and wicked} "Church"').
It cannot, should not, and does not stand between you and God/ spirit (whatever you call it) [though it tries] but between you and yourself/ peace-wisdom-happiness-freedom-knowledge-acceptance-liberation-eternalife!

This law/ belief/ practice is designed to challenge the Lord's faith in humanity as well as twist the fate of the individual. To stultify, challenge, edify[?], confuse or shake families to their core. To disrupt normal individual or family peace and love. To destroy the eternal unit of life, liberty and thought! To punish those who have done no wrong. To spit on everyday people for the thrill of doing it. To stir the pot of contention.

This is just another way for the ldsC to vent the non-Christlike hatred and ignorance it eternally harbors, fertilizes and nourishes... in every way it can.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2015 02:28PM by moremany.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: November 24, 2015 03:56PM

There is a story, I wish I knew where it was, about a woman who was from one of those unclean races. She came up to the Christ and asked that he bless her. Christ said that he was not meant to bless her kind, but that he needed to administer to the Jews or something like that. She then replied that she understood but then said something to the effect that she was but a dog wanting to eat the scraps of food that fell from the masters plate. Then I think he commended her for her faith and sent her on her way.
The example is that he didn't make life any harder for her and still left her with kind words. The church doesn't seem to teach that message. The one they keep repeating is "we can't do it, so neither can you, and we will make sure nobody else can."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.