Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 12:43PM

So, the entertainment gossip is that former Miss USA, Olivia Culpo, split with boyfriend, sometimes-NFL-quarterback, Tim Tebow because of "lack of sex." Tebow wouldn't do her because they weren't married.

Maybe this explains what happened to his football career. The old belief was that sex before a game sapped your strength and aggression. But never having sex, fighting back the urges and all that, might ruin your game too. ;^)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 12:55PM

Lots of people stay virgins until marriage. This is why religious folks get married younger.

Tebow is 28 years old. He was a Heisman trophy winner at Florida and an NFL QB for a few years in Denver and New York City. He has had plenty of opportunities for women to woo him and wed him.

He doesn't put out because he's gay. If he were straight and wanted to stay a virgin to marriage, he simply would have done like thousands of BYU students and wed in college.

Posted by: Happy__Heretic ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 07:08PM

I have watched Tebow in quite a few post-game interveiws. He sets of my gaydar in a big way.

HH =)

Posted by: Bisque ( )
Date: November 30, 2015 10:40PM

This is easily the most moronic thing I've in a long time.

Posted by: petra ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 01:06PM

Why is someone immediately deemed gay if they do not have sex or do not want to have sex before marriage? There can be many reasons for a person to decide that they want to stay a virgin till marriage or be in a very committed relationship. And here i am of course speaking from personal experience

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 01:31PM

Why is their lack of sex important to others?

And as Petra says....since when is a lack of sex an indicator

of gayness? I don't get that.

Date: November 30, 2015 10:03AM

I don't really care whom Tebow sleeps with. However, he likes to tell us all about his virginity. His sanctimonious attitude makes his sex life our business.

Date: November 29, 2015 06:02PM

Sure you can stay a virgin until marriage, but if you are famous, rich, handsome and an athlete, it's odd to be unmarried at 28. If he were heterosexual and really wanted to remain a virgin to marriage, he would have gotten hitched in college like a BYU student.

Plus, he seems gay to me, and I'm gay so I know. ;)

Why do you think it's insulting to call him gay?

Posted by: leftfield ( )
Date: November 30, 2015 05:13PM

It's not insulting, but it's a rather big assumption to make simply because he says he wants to remain a virgin until he gets married.

Look how long it took Steve Young to get married. (Of course, you might also decide to assume he had sex before marriage, too.)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 01:35PM

She must have a bad picker. She went out with one of the Jonas brothers before Tim.

And no, I'm not putting Tim down for choosing to remain celibate until marriage. I just think with a little bit of due diligence, she would have figured that out well before the two month mark.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:37PM by summer.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 01:49PM

He's chaste and she's chased.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 02:18PM

It's all going according to plan. Yay ghawd!

I'm sure Tim is grateful.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 06:07PM

It couldn't possibly be because he is 100 percent firm and clear in his beliefs?

Date: November 30, 2015 10:30AM

He couldn't find a nice Christian girl while he was winning a Heisman at the University of Florida?

Posted by: Bisque ( )
Date: November 30, 2015 10:43PM

kentish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It couldn't possibly be because he is 100 percent
> firm and clear in his beliefs?

It is certainly possible. Though I disagree with his beliefs nearly 100%, if he is being true to them, I can respect his self-restained. Because if I was in his position, how to I put this delicately, I would want to be banging her like a screen-door in a hurricane. ;)

Posted by: Renie ( )
Date: December 01, 2015 01:05AM

Hardly true to his beliefs, since he played pro ball....hence worked on Sunday and forgot to keep that lords day holy. Guess the million dollar pay check for that kinda helped.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 06:59PM

I'll gladly step in and help her with whatever she needs.

In a dirty, tawdry, nasty sort of way.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 07:15PM

I also think it's possible that he might be gay, since he could have done what BYU students and fundamentalist Christians do, which is get married quickly without a long dating or engagement period. If he's not gay, he could be asexual as there are people who have no sexual urges for any gender.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 30, 2015 02:30AM

And then there is Steve Young - how old was he before he finally got married? He certainly pretended to adhere to the Mormon standards, which made him an even older virgin.

I think it's a personal choice to wait or not to wait and a lot of it depends on your sex drive. Maybe Tim is just one of those guys who isn't interested in sex all that much. It doesn't mean he is gay, although he might be. But some people, gay or straight, just aren't all that interested in sex and if Tim has made it this far with that fame and those looks and stayed a virgin, I'd guess he was one of those people.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 30, 2015 05:47PM

yes, this conversation might seem to be about Tim Tebow, it might have started on TT, but in a launched in a MORmON /Ex MORmON forum /context, it very quickly rolls right into Steve Young territory, because its the same basic conditional template with even more intensity due to the added MORmON element.

The real question is how far beyond virgin was Steve really, at the point when he finally married, because that is the overwhelming conclusion considering all the details of his situation. Given his lofty celebrity status, It seems most likely that Young was being very fully accommodated behind the scenes of his all around Mr. Wonderful MORmON image. He certainly had plenty of star struck willing females at BYU. (Yah, we no longer have to pretend that BYU students actually live the Honor Code rules regardless of LDS Inc intention that they should) After BYU, Young's prospects for sex only become more endless. Remember when Bill Cosby was still Mr. Wonderful Good Guy Purity Wholesomeness and Sunshine? Perhaps someday more details of Steve Young's (not so) virginal situation will come out.

After having said that, I am also going to emphasize that there is in fact a contingent of young men who totally refrain from sexual contact because they are so indoctrinated and submissive to the rules of MORmONISM. They do so very quietly, And Just as much, that is NOT the way that a MORmON poster boy show boat like Steve Young rolls.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: November 30, 2015 02:43AM

I think it has to do with love and desire and the lack thereof. If he showed or gave off vibes that he was in love with her and desired her madly, they would probably still be engaged and on a short road to the altar.

If those feelings are not there, no matter the reason why, it would be a giant mistake to marry. Living your life knowing that the person you care for is "not that in to you" would be very sad.

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: November 30, 2015 10:41AM

Could be gay or he may just be very careful about what he does being in the spotlight, and would like to have a career in motivational speaking, with a Jesus slant to it. He knows he has an image to protect. I predict he'll get married in the next few years to a nice Christian girl, and it will be big news. I am sure he has advisors.

Date: November 30, 2015 06:44PM

Exmoron Wrote:
I am sure he has advisors.

and If those advisers were worth anything, then they would tell Tim to get his football act together and play football while the sun still shines on his chance to have an NFL career.

What has gone wrong when somebody has been given the top honor for being a football player in college and then they can not make it in the NFL. Yah, I know, some people are going to say that its happened before and that a Heisman is not an automatic guarantee of success in the NFL, and they are right. Prime examples are running backs (who get too beat up to continue playing) and undersized quarterbacks who thrived in college but are not able to handle the physicality of the NFL and they fall flat on their face in the NFL (TY DETMER! TY DETMER! TY DETMER! who actually recieved the Heisman as a ridiculous belated (political) nod to BYU's football program (LDS Inc probably paid off the Heisman to get the award) for what BYU had accomplished with previous much more successful quarter backs. None of that applies to Tebow. In spite of his innate physical ability and large stature, Tebow appears to be too scatter brained to maintain an NFL career.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 30, 2015 06:49PM

And the advisors might also tell him to stop wasting his time with gorgeous women who expect sex from him.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 30, 2015 06:52PM

His NFL career was 4-5 years, which is about the average. His net worth is estimated at 4 million dollars, and at a young age he has plenty of opportunity to do commentary, coach, or to obtain sponsorships. I'm not going to hold a pity party for him.

Date: December 01, 2015 04:41AM

I am definitely NOT (NOT!!!) feeling sorry for him, NEVERTHELESS he has missed and continues to miss maximizing his earning potential in the NFL. He is still large for a quarter back, even though the average size of that position has increased dramatically in the last decade. He must have some comprehension of the game of football in order to win the Heisman, IE he can not be a total retard. He has YET to suffer any debilitating orthopedic injuries, and since his NFL playing time has been limited, he is still QUITE fresh for being a 28 year. IF this guy could get his act together there would easily be another 4 million dollars or far more on the NFL table for him.

The guy must have some epic intolerable quirk that is well known in insider NFL circles since No one is willing to even work with the guy who really does have a lot of potential. I heard Dallas has room for another quarter back right about now, and look at some of the other players that they have worked with.
In the NFL, Tim can praise god all he wants in the post game as long as he wins. Especially IF he does not beat up his wife or his girl friend..... and not having one just makes that happening even less likely.

Feel sorry for him? DEFINITELY NOT! Wonder about him and shake my head ? -Definitely.

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: December 01, 2015 09:58AM

Have to agree he is not maximizing his potential. Even now if he wanted to return to the NFL as a 3rd stringer, he could easily earn a minimum of 400-600K per year. He missed out on millions of dollars over 10 years as a back up QB. It's not chump change. His advisors are not advising him to maximize his earnings, but his advisors are probably overzealous religious folks who have go by the beat of a different drummer sometimes. Shame.

Date: December 01, 2015 11:43AM

that is pretty much what I was thinking

Date: November 30, 2015 08:35PM

Has anyone mentioned that he took a vow of Chastity?

I just saw it on facebook.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 30, 2015 10:22PM

I'd prefer a lack of sects.

Date: November 30, 2015 11:29PM

donbagley Wrote:
> I'd prefer a lack of sects.

that sounds better.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 01, 2015 12:54AM

It's great when someone who scores points takes time to tell everyone about god, and thank him for his generosity in very public displays.

I also think it's amazing to hear all about the lack of scoring too. When he and other celebrities shout to everyone about how much sex they are not having and why.

I can't wait until he gets married and then talks about how wonderful his god blessed sex is.

I like living my life very similarly. I enjoy telling everyone about my sex life whether they want to hear about it or not. I also love when people disagree with my public displays of affectionate descriptions to consider myself "persecuted."

It's the best way to live life. Tell everyone about every intimate thought you have, and then when people ask you to kindly shut up for a minute, act like a victim and cry persecution.

As a side note, there are times when I truly wish I were a woman because then I could live my life like Bristol Palin.

I don't think anyone truly knows what the word "courage" means until they have made money telling everyone not to have sex before marriage, and then get pregnant with their boyfriend.

Maybe Tim feels the same way I do. Perhaps he's not gay, he just wishes he could preach about abstinence only while being knocked up out of wedlock.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: December 01, 2015 01:11AM

I predict he'll be married in about 24 to 36 months. It won't be to the girl who is blabbing their personal intimate stuff all over the media.

He'll be married and having babies very shortly. When you're as famous as he is, and everyone is watching your every move you have to be very careful and very selective. You can't have someone running to every tabloid and yakking about your sex life.

He's chosen the safe road no matter his inclinations or religion. When someone has nothing to say about your sex life, there's nothing to say. The end.

I think jumping to the conclusion that he's gay is just that. Jumping to conclusions.

I have known 3 very handsome Mormon guys with everything going for them that held off until they were 30. They waited. If they did anything else, it's not known to anyone but them. I believe they waited. They're just that kind of guy. They do exist.

Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: December 01, 2015 06:51AM

Maybe other guys are just wired differently than I am. I'm not them so I don't really know for sure what their libido and/or orientation is.

Nevertheless, speaking as a guy, it is simply incomprehensible to me how somebody could stay a virgin that long unless they were either gay, had some sort of hormonal disorder, or else were so sexually repressed that they became psychologically fucked up.

It just isn't normal. I don't care how many people here (mostly females) say differently.

It's one thing to stay a virgin because you're just not that attractive. That's not Tim's problem though. He has been in a position for the last 7-8 years were he could have had just about any woman he desired. Most guys can only dream of that. And yet he hasn't pulled the trigger.

I'm not buying the line of "he's waiting for the right person". Bullshit. He could have found Miss Perfect a hundred times by now. And if he's so set on being a Christian and staying a virgin until marriage, then why is he even dating women in the first place that quite clearly have no interest in helping him to live those standards. (Maybe this is Timmy's version of Jesus going out into the wilderness to be tempted?)

There is definitely a big piece of the puzzle here that we don't know about (yet).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2015 09:06AM by Strength in the Loins.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: December 01, 2015 08:57AM

I used to work with a woman who was dating a 31-year-old man who claimed to be a virgin and was saving it for his wife. She would tell me about makeout sessions where he "almost" got her off, so he was really proud of that. :: roll eyes :: ("Girl, he shouldn't be proud unless you wake the neighbors and make them call the cops!")

I never really was all that sure the guy was a virgin. I, too, have difficulty believing that someone would go all the way into their 30s without having done the deed. But I believe my friend, who assured me, they did a lot of stuff, but there was no P in V until after the wedding. They have three children now, so I imagine he got the hang of it.

We all have to remember just how deeply the brainwashing goes. There are people who believe this crap, that sex will damn you to hell. Of course, I think that's a ridiculous notion and I see how those rules were developed to control people. But if you really believe in God and you have a deep, abiding faith in your religion, and Paul says "don't do It" in Corinthians, then maybe, just maybe there's still a handful of people who live that gospel.

Or Tebow could be gay. Totally possible. We have no way of knowing. And that's not relevant anyway.

What has always offended me about Tebow was the public "kneel down and pray" after touchdowns and such. It's like he's a shill for the god squad and he's soooo self-righteous, he wants you to know that he's a soldier of jesus even while he's in the middle of a football game. Such bullshit. Talk about a showboat. He has completely dismimissed any innate talent he may have, years and years of training and practice and studying the game, coaches, trainers, physical therapists and all the hard work that he himself put in as well as his teammates. It's like Tebow thinks god made those touchdowns and the other ten guys were just like, tourists in the game. There are thousands of manhours that go into developing the skill and talent and strategy to win a football game and Tebow dismisses all that and chalks it all up to "miracles" the minute he goes down on one knee. Outside of the Deep South, I doubt anyone is very impressed with his super-religious guy image.

That's what I hate about evangelicals. There's tens of millions of believers, evangelicals are only special in the sense that they won't shut the fuck up about their beliefs. I don't care what Tebow believes in and I think using his football games to advertise those beliefs is ridiculous. STFU, say your prayers of thanks quietly, to yourself, in the privacy of your locker room. Nobody cares.

Oh, possible alternate explanations: He doesn't want a gold digger. He wants to be "equally yoked," but most supermodel-looking women are not evangelicals. There's someone else in his family (his mother maybe) who is vetting all potential candidates. If god has so much control over the guy in terms of his sex life, then some person has some control over him in terms of his ability to make decisions for himself. He could be a controlling, abusive asshole and it's not about him; perhaps women he's been in love with have rejected him for that or for being a self-righteous religious nutter.

Who knows?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.