Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: orthus ( )
Date: December 25, 2015 09:55PM

him is legitimate. Anyone have any information or insight?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 25, 2015 11:45PM

Ya know, it is my intention here on RfM to be a gadfly, so I see these threads and I assume that someone responsible will reply and offer the information requested. I've watched this thread move down the list, and now am moved to make a reply, a perfectly serious one. Somebody owes me...

In a recent meeting Elder Bednar was supposedly asked a question by a sister missionary about women and the priesthood. He’s said to have given his own thoughts about the subject and when he concluded, the sister asked a follow up question. “Are there any scriptures that talk about this subject?” Elder Bednar responded, “I am scripture.”

The source of the above is: http://anonymousbishop.com/2015/08/10/i-am-scripture/

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: December 25, 2015 11:49PM

Too slow oldman. ;-)

Date: December 26, 2015 12:15AM

How very seedy of you. <sob>

Posted by: Flowersandpieces ( )
Date: September 28, 2022 11:21PM

The link does not work

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: September 28, 2022 11:29PM

Maybe because it is 7 years old.

Posted by: lovechild ( )
Date: December 26, 2015 12:58AM

And furthermore, Bednar is not just scripture: He is the one true and living PICKLE!

What a pathetic, arrogant, self-important, miserable a**hole that man is!

Interesting to note in the article and particularly in the comments on the article, how intense, and fraught with apologists, the argument about the membership worshiping MEN rather than GOD has become.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 26, 2015 02:47PM

"He is scripture" until he dies, and the "apostles" that follow him throw him under the bus, declaring he ISN'T scripture, and that he was only "speaking as a man."

That way, arrogant apostles can declare doctrine and feel all self-important while they're alive, but as soon as they're gone, the next batch completely disowns anything they say.

What a racket.

Posted by: orthus ( )
Date: December 26, 2015 11:05AM

Thanks for the responses, I'm aware of this source which is where I heard the quote. My issue is that first sentence and most of this article is less than confirming and is kind of squishy -

"In a recent meeting Elder Bednar was supposedly asked a question by a sister missionary about women and the priesthood. He’s said to have given his own thoughts about the subject and when he concluded, the sister asked a follow up question. “Are there any scriptures that talk about this subject?” Elder Bednar responded, “I am scripture.""

This paragraph is slippery enough for tbms and your mopologists to deny it happened. We know how the the church has been less than honest in their approach to "sanitize" past embarrassing issues or current issues to fit with current doctrine and perspectives of the correlation dept.

I don't at all deny the likelihood that Bednar said it, his ego and arrogance aren't limited in ways like the rest of us mere mortals. I'm currently engaged in some discussion with some amateur mopologists and I'm going to be bringing this issue up. If I can't cite a valid source, I'm hesitant to bring it up. As you know, the mopologist brain can very critical and skeptical of questionable sources....unless of course the source confirms a position of the church.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2015 02:19PM by orthus.

Date: December 26, 2015 11:17AM

Write to the blogger to ask when and where the meeting was. If it was a mission conference, and you can nail down the time frame, go check that mission's blogs on preparetoserve(dot)com and hope to find paydirt.

Also mopologists are better simply laughed at rather than engaged. Think 'tar baby'.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: September 28, 2022 11:52PM

Elder Bednar:
I am the law! Put down your weapons and prepare to be judged.

Block Warlord:
Judge this!

Elder Bednar:
I knew they'd do that.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 29, 2022 11:41AM

He isn't wrong, just not believed. Joseph Smith had to have it written down, Brigham Young used the pulpit more but their messages change and the medium doesn't.

If you believe in Mormon living prophets you believe in living scriptures. I think a huge block of members do the same things Catholics do with infallibility. They ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.