Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rickster ( )
Date: April 22, 2011 04:16AM

Just in response to your closing post on the previous thread; I was and continue to have nothing but respect toward my parents. I did just tell them 'no' I don't miss church, and I certainly didn't try and rub their faces in it! I was simply just expressing my true feelings on the subject on this board. I have shown nothing but respect to them and their beliefs the whole time since I stopped going to church. Unfortunately the same can't always be said about them respecting mine.
I actually asked them when I left the church, to at least keep showing me the Christ-like love that their religion professes. My dads response was pretty much no! Go figure!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sukiyhtaky ( )
Date: April 23, 2011 06:22PM

It is up to you to be the bigger person. Eventually you'll either win them over or get cut out of the will. If they are worth a ton of money though you might tell them they can adopt my daughter. The cost of shoes alone will make them reconsider that tithing donation. :) 'What do you mean you need a new dress, you only wore it once. Everyone has already seen you in it? Well you better get religion and pray they forgot it because they are going to see you in it again.'

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 23, 2011 06:29PM

Unless they're royalty.

This rule about dictated that people must grow on command goes double when it's a stranger on the internet and there is no way of knowing much about them or their situation.

But since you're comfortable dishing it out, perhaps you might consider being a less critical, more empathetic, and bigger, kinder person to the walking wounded on RfM.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: April 23, 2011 07:42PM

"It is up to you to be the bigger person. "

bs...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.