Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: geneticerror ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 12:58PM

"Family genealogy spared in house fire"

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50500283-76/family-fire-leishman-monday.html.csp

god was surely watching over them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Way Out ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 01:20PM

Imagine the entire new Conference Center filled to capacity and then every single one of them being killed in a fire. Then fill it back up 50% full and all of them being killed in a fire as well. From 2000 to 2009, over 29,000 people have been killed in residential fires.

Thank goodness God cares about genealogy so much. But he really SUCKS as a father.

http://www.usfa.dhs.gov/statistics/national/residential.shtm

Posted by: Nebularry ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 01:36PM

I mean that as a compliment. Too many people (theists in general, Mormons in particular) fail to put these things in perspective. Sure, having a bunch of genealogical records spared is a nice thing but, balanced against tens of thousands of lives?!?! God does a damned poor job of putting out fires!!

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 01:40PM

...while others are having their burn wounds scrubbed out on a daily basis with wire brushes.

Yay mormon god!

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 02:53PM

Huh.

What struck me is that the first priority seemed to be a bunch of decrepit geneological records, which should have been backed up and duplicated offsite anyway. If they were good Mormons, most of that would have been submitted for temple work anyway, so it could all be recovered on familysearch.org. Bibles, diaries, etc., should have been kept offsite in a safe deposit box or something. At least copies made and originals stored securely. If they valued that so much, why was there only one unrecoverable copy of everything? Seems pretty short-sighted to me.

Then the second priority is the fire dept let the family back in to find their jewelry and whatever other valuables could be recovered.

Props back to god for watching over the geneology; nothing burned in there.

Not one word from the family about A) all the family members were safe and uninjured, B) everyone is accounted for and okay, C) any family pets are also safe and uninjured.

So some stuff of dubious value came through a house fire. Big whoop. How's the FAMILY?

Or does it not matter because families are forever and if you lose all your children in a house fire, no big deal, you'll just catch up with them in the CK?

Mormonism is sick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2010 02:54PM by dogzilla.

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: October 20, 2010 03:46PM

I understand the spirit told a number of TBM World Trade Center workers not to go to work on 9/11, and they stayed home.

I guess the spirit wasn't concerned about the 3,000 people he didn't tell who ended up dying in the rubble.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.