Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 18, 2016 06:50PM

It's probably a doobie!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 19, 2016 02:32PM

That would be awesome. Marijuana extends life and LDS Inc. hates it. That would truly be absurd.

Posted by: Richard Foxe ( )
Date: March 18, 2016 07:09PM

"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."

— Eubie Blake (ragtime composer, 1887-1983)

As a college student, I saw him perform when he was in his 80s. He was referring to his early on-the-road diet of candy and other junk. But it's also reported he said, "Bud, I've been smoking since I was six years old." On a TV program he said, "I hate to tell you this, but I drink every kind of known spirit there is and smoke. I'm just awful. I smoke, I drink spirits, and I eat candy by the handfuls."

Just think what he might have been...

https://books.google.co.jp/books?id=jjghCgAAQBAJ&pg=PA151&lpg=PA151&dq=eubie+blake+smoking&source=bl&ots=7CeHSlkRjv&sig=NOJG4m_vJz8DcitRIpAZFGTdkt8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjI3qzeq8vLAhULI5QKHbhSCMoQ6AEIHzAC#v=onepage&q=eubie%20blake%20smoking&f=false

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: March 18, 2016 07:56PM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 19, 2016 06:40PM

Amazing.

That person's been off the Mormon membership rolls for seven years.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 19, 2016 06:47PM

What if they 'converted' him but then found out he couldn't have a member number because their program rejected him because of his age?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 20, 2016 12:28AM

He would have been 92 next week. He smoked cigars and a pipe right to the end. The doctor told him a few years ago he really needed to quit smoking and he told him it was the only thing he was able to enjoy any longer and there was no way in hell he was stopping. (Oh, I guess he did enjoy drinking, too!)

Typing medical records, I type up people quite often who are in their 90s who still smoke and the doctors try to tell them to stop. Hell, if you've made it to the 90s, why would you give it up then?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2016 12:28AM by cl2.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.