Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: westerly62 ( )
Date: March 28, 2016 03:10PM

that you've lovingly planned and anticipated since my birth! Mormon Jesus says to ditch you because I've got a new #ForeverFamily now".

https://youtu.be/1-P6VTJpRoA?t=3m1s

Uhg!!!! What a lovely message for my daughter:(. This is why I still care about and oppose what the TSCC is doing! Isolating one from their family and saying that its your Godly duty = CULT.

BTW. How is it that all those feelings of angst aren't to beinterpreted as the "spirit" telling her that she's making a mistake? If the shoe was on the other foot and she was leaving the TSCC, wouldn't that be the take-away?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: March 28, 2016 03:52PM

I tried to watch a little of it. Sickening.

That voice they put on is just unbearable now. And here is this woman employing that "treacly filled with the spirit voice" and acting as a Judas Goat to hook more young women into being what the church wants instead of following their own path.

This is just so hard to believe in 2016.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2016 06:25PM by blueorchid.

Date: March 28, 2016 04:15PM

Oh my God... A "Judas Goat"... You nailed it perfectly. Double-Ugh!

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: March 28, 2016 05:06PM

I couldn't watch more than 10 seconds of it. I had no idea that the speech pattern of general conference pisses me off now.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 28, 2016 05:36PM

Marriott married odd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2016 08:56PM by donbagley.

Posted by: Anon for this ( )
Date: March 29, 2016 09:32PM

Very hard to watch......
Very sad.

And there are no comments...

I did the thumbs down. Don't like.

Anon for this

Posted by: claire ( )
Date: March 28, 2016 06:33PM

I kept thinking: How could this woman sound just like all the Utah mormon women I've heard in conferences and still have a southern accent? It's so weird.

I also cannot believe her callous and unfeeling attitude towards her own parents and their hopes and dreams for their daughter. It's despicable.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: March 28, 2016 05:38PM

She's disgusting. The worst part of Mormonism. Justifying un-Christlike behavior in the name of Jesus Christ.

Rarely do I buy into that "vengeance is mine saith the Lord" stuff, but I really think these Mormon doctrines, old wives tales and policies that Mormon leaders push in the name of God might come back to bite them in their secret underwear covered butts.

Mormons... breaking up families since 1827. (That's the year Smith went ignored Emma's father and crossed the state line into New York to elope. Then moved in with his parents.)

Dick move Joe...

This guy isn't the prophet of anything. Geez.

PS - Marriott is a bitch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2016 05:39PM by Doubting Thomas.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 28, 2016 06:24PM

She should try sitting outside the temple when her grandchildren are married, because you know, it's no big deal. TBMs demand of others what they would never demand of themselves.

Posted by: seeking peace ( )
Date: March 28, 2016 07:14PM

F*ck you Marriott just F*ck you and all your comrades of the cult. I did the exact same thing you did and it was the biggest regret of my life. The last words my father said to my aunt before he died is that he never got to see any of his children married. I will never forgive you and you are still preaching this BS! You are evil!!

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 29, 2016 11:01AM

Oh, God! I've never wanted to slap a stupid baby-talking bitch so badly in my life!

And where was her mother. The one who so lovingly planted the magnolia tree? The one who nurtured her before she had to find a new family? The one who walked the floor with her at night, who put food on the table, who helped her with her homework, who attended her activities? and on and on and on? Where was she? Obviously not in this wedding picture.

And there are a great and spacious building full of people with vaginas watching and smiling and going, "Yeah. Who needs a mother who can't fall for mormon nonsense? Who won't get dunked and fork over the extortion money to be able to attend her daughter's wedding? Those people are such a sorry excuse of the word "women."

I hear things like this and I want to go kidnap my granddaughter. I hate that she's hearing this kind of shit. It really is the biggest concern I have in my life.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: March 29, 2016 11:49AM

BAM! Those would be the correct words to express the ugliness of the situation.

Posted by: europa ( )
Date: March 29, 2016 11:43AM

Oh yeah, she felt bad but it is glorified that she was putting Gawd first. So if any other young woman feels terrible that her parents are not there, it's OK. Plenty of callous women have done it before them. It will become a badge of honour to show what they sacrificed to follow the Lord.

So wrong on so many levels.

By the way why is she called Neill? That's a bloke's name where I come from...

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: March 29, 2016 08:42PM

Even if she'd gotten married at home, she wouldn't have had Magnolias in June (they married in June). Magnolias bloom in March and April. If you're lucky you might get a few of them in May.

However, she could have shown some love for her own family by getting married in Louisiana in her church. She could have had a beautiful wedding and then got sealed later. It was good enough for the Marriotts.

Posted by: Anon for this ( )
Date: March 29, 2016 09:35PM

Date: March 30, 2016 08:38AM

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never actually noticed what time our magnolia trees bloom so I just went outside to find that the buds are just now forming. mid-to-late April for us.

In my defense, this time of year is all about the bluebonnets in our part of Texas. They're a major draw for tourism in our little slice of heaven, so they're always stealing the whole show in March and April. Right now, outside my window, my pasture is a carpet of blue and red (indian paintbrushes) with splashes of yellow. Absolutely beautiful!

Now that you've helped me notice, now I can't wait for the magnolias to come out. I love sitting on the porch swing when that magnolia smell is on the breeze.

Date: March 30, 2016 08:45AM

I never noticed when the Magnolias start blooming, either. Most here in Maryland are still in the budding stage, but I've seen one tree in full bloom. I love them!

Date: March 30, 2016 10:08AM

I never realized how much Maryland is a "Southern" state in terms of both vegetation and character until I started regularly visiting for business about ten years ago.

As a Texan with deep East Tennessee Appalachian family roots, I feel right at home there. It really is a lovely place and I imagine spring is spectacular there.

Date: March 30, 2016 06:23PM

It is beautiful. In fact, every season here has something to recommend it. I particularly like the fall when you will see flaming orange and red maple trees side by side with still-blooming geraniums, roses, etc. I can usually get my geraniums to bloom clear through to Christmas.

A lot of southerners are surprised to learn that Maryland is below the Mason-Dixon line. It is an interesting blend of not only Northern and Southern climates but also attitudes. Residents here fought on both sides of the Civil War. I always say that Maryland has its "head in the north, heart in the south." I love it here. I particularly enjoy visiting the Eastern Shore, which is like taking a step back in time. And the Chesapeake Bay is an underappreciated national treasure.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: March 30, 2016 12:35AM

I just want to beat the shit out of her.
That is all.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: March 30, 2016 10:51AM

That is just pitiful. I had to leave a comment.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 30, 2016 06:05PM

Good comment. I had to leave one too.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.