Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: soutskeptic ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 11:16AM

Examining the purpose behind the Mormon Theocracy

…God will introduce a rule and government of his own upon this earth, and that all nations, all rule, all power, all government, all authority, will have to submit to that rule…that all nations will be overthrown; that these kingdoms, and governments, and powers, and authorities that exist on the earth, will be broken and destroyed, and that God will introduce a government and rule and dominion of his own... (JofD 11:53 John Taylor Jan. 18, 1865)

John Taylor was an apostle at the time of this talk and later became the president of the Church after Brigham Young’s death in 1880.

Radio West- (KUER) - Before the Civil War, there was another conflict between federal troops and a territory said to be in rebellion. It was the Utah War, and though there were no battles between the army and Brigham Young's Nauvoo Legion, tensions ran high for over a year. Historians David Bigler and Will Bagley have written a new book and they join us to make the case that this was more than just a misunderstanding. They say it was an attempt by Mormon leaders to establish an independent nation in the West.

You can listen live on the net:
http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kuer/news.newsmain/article/0/184/1794598/RadioWest.(M-F..11AM..and..7PM)/42711.The.Mormon.Rebellion

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LordBritish ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 12:14PM

Sounds like a mormon style "Sharia".

Posted by: soutskeptic ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 03:25PM

Excellent program, will re-air at 7 PM this evening.

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 03:40PM

Posted by: Emmas Flaming Sword ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 04:07PM

I think Will Bagley said this. I am dying to know what the context was. Sounds so interesting!

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 04:11PM

It covered the Mormon rebellion and how the history was distorted by the faithful to protect Old Brigham. The authors of the book weren't too concerned about protecting the fragile egos of the faithful.

I'm dying to read the book now. BY was discussed as a tyrant and a bully. They didn't pull any punches.

I love Radio West.

Posted by: Emmas Flaming Sword ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 04:28PM

One reviewer gave it five stars and the other reviewer gave it one. It is a little odd that it states the publishing date as April 15th and reviews came out before this.
Regardless, I know that Bagley is a fine historian and can’t wait to read it too.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 04:25PM

BY a tyrant and a bully?

Does SL know about this?

P.S. ... Did they forget RACIST?

FINE piece of work that BY was, a real 'Light on the Hill' kinda guy (NO RELATION!).

- kept his 'personal' money along with tscc's
- charged people for a divorce
- blood atonement
- instigated the MMM (if didn't Directly ordering it); covered it up afterwards.

Brigham Young: Western Worlds biggest Piece of Shit! (move over, Jim Jones)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2011 04:30PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: April 28, 2011 03:33PM

Of course BY was trying to create a nation of their own here. Joseph was a General Mayor and he put his hat in the ring to be the pres of the USA. These guys were power trippers. When you read their words in church history you can see their erogance and lust for control and power. I used to get distrubed by this when I was TBM.

I personally feel that BY was responsible for killing Joseph's younger brother Sam. It was too fishy for me to believe it was a illness that he got.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.