Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 09:41PM

Part of me wants to grab people and scream "It's not real! It's fake! Don't believe it!" a'la Invasion of the Body Snatchers or To Serve Man or Soylent Green. People in the 1830s and 1840s knew Mormonism was fraudulent. Thaks to the Internet all of Mormonism is laid bare upon the altar of the Information Age.

Unfortunately, some people are still falling for it.

It just won't die...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2016 09:42PM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Forgetting Abigail ( )
Date: April 06, 2016 09:48PM

Where's Geraldo Rivera when we need him? ;o)

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 12:33AM

I see the "doubt your doubts" phrase used a LOT by members who have been confronted by facts that are not faith promoting. That was a real slick tactic on the LDS church's part! They must be so proud of themselves for that one!

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 09:31PM

seekyr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see the "doubt your doubts" phrase used a LOT by
> members who have been confronted by facts that are
> not faith promoting. That was a real slick tactic
> on the LDS church's part! They must be so proud
> of themselves for that one!

The brethren are carrying on the work of a con-man and must therefore resort to the same tricks that worked back in the 1830s.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 12:47AM

MORmONISM is a mockery of Christianity, which is a mockery Judaism. SO MORmONISM ends up being a consummate mockery of people stupid enough to buy into religion, a testament to the feeble mindedness and gullibility of humanity/ the general public. It is a marvelous work and wonder of plundering the gullible and manipulating and exploiting the FaithFOOL.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 02:33PM

Religions don't die, unless the whole bunch of believers eventually die out.
The idea of faith is very attractive, and always has been.
Mormonism is not just a religion. It's predominately an American, patriarchal, generational, traditional, cultural tribe with a World View that has a core that is held onto very tightly by the true believers. (This is the same way other religions function also. Same patterns which are ancient).

I don't want religion of any kind, on the whole, to die out. Why? Because it is the impetus for some of the greatest art, music, costuming, feasts, writings,etc. that has graced the world we live in, some of the edifices are magnificent and hundreds of years old.

There are thousands of faith belief systems in the world we live in, some are very old, some are not so old, but satisfy the needs of human beings to find purpose and comfort in their lives. It's more common for humans to gravitate to a faith based societal core than not. It's the glue that holds generations together with their traditions and rituals around birth, coming of age, death, etc.

I don't have a need to accept any of them as my World View, but I can appreciate their value to other people.

Posted by: The Savior's Elf ( )
Date: April 08, 2016 01:03AM

I have to agree with that. I have a love-hate relationship with religion. I hate what it stands for, but I love what it has produced in the art and music department.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 08, 2016 10:37AM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 08:45PM

At some point that church is going to have to accept casual members. Until then, they're nothing more than a pushy, money grubbing cult, in my opinion. Every man a priesthood holder? Then what kind of value does the priesthood have? It means nothing but male, twelve or older.

Posted by: brettys ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 10:24PM

You always make such good points.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 08, 2016 01:06AM

Stop saying that !

I'm a mormon priest !

The only people not impressed by this are mormons and ex-mormons.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 08, 2016 01:30AM

I actually made priest rank myself. And when I told this guy named Newkirk in basic training, he said, "was you called of God?" and I thought, Jesus your grammar, dude.

But seriously, it's meaningless ranks of captured males, is all.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 07, 2016 11:37PM

I remember from the sixth grade more than fifty years ago, that there are six cultural variables. These are elements that all human societies have in one form or another, even though these six elements vary (often greatly) from one culture to the next. One of the six cultural variables is religion. So part of the equasion is because religion is in our genes. Even athiests have their own religion. Just try telling them that they're wrong to see how passionate they are about their beliefs.

The other part if the equasion has to do with history and money. If you removed all of the money from the mormon church, it would quickly cease to exist as a mainstream belief system. Soon after that, it would cease to exist anywhere, even in Utah.

If you want to kill the Mormon church, find an effective way to separate the church from its money, and also find a replacement for its followers.

Posted by: The Savior's Elf ( )
Date: April 08, 2016 01:10AM

That's why they need to be taxed as a business. Since that's what they really are anyway.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: April 08, 2016 12:56PM

I agree with Suzie about the art music and buildings...probly just me but those buildings represent decades of slave labor to a puke like henry viii or some other blueblood dufus..millions of peons and serfs bled dry by nobility and aristocracy...and most seem like a pecker measuring contests among mongrel pukes...my castle is bigger than your castle...even the music and art was only for the privileged to sample and enjoy...what bark hut peon even had an orchestra or a ticket to hear one...the caste system seems alive and well and its going on 1000 s of years old..nothing says presumptuous cold and grey like mideval chapels...and as empty as a blue blood mongels heart

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.