Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: April 28, 2016 12:45AM

Donbagley posted about growing up in the Valley Forge Ward reminded me of my "first date" after the ex wife and I had separated. I was working for a company in Bucks County and had gone there for business meetings. A female working in the office asked me if I would like to get a bite to eat and watch a movie. Sit in a motel room or watch a movie. Hard choice especially since it was a sexy movie called Platoon.

As I am enjoying the movie I feel her hand on my leg. She asks me what is that on your leg? I tell her it is nothing. She then tells me she knows what it is. A bandage. She thought the garments were a bandage.

The date went well until I took her home. She expected a good time and I was TBM. How stupid Of me.

The bandage was funny.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 28, 2016 01:14AM

Posted by: Dendro ( )
Date: April 28, 2016 02:25AM

Extremely funny

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 28, 2016 03:14AM

That is funnier than the few times people have done the garment feel up on me when they did not know that I was never endowed.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: April 28, 2016 09:56AM

Really funny story!

I actually think a bandage is a good metaphor for the garments. Mormons are the walking wounded if not the walking dead.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: April 28, 2016 02:01PM

Don't feel too bad, I was well into my 50's when I finally realized what some of the messages sent from early dates really meant.

Bet there are a bunch of us on this board that are kicking themselves for missed opportunities.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.