Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon in Alabama ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 05:13PM

I'm anon to protect my identity today, but link here. This happened last night. This family was in my stake and they were as TBM as they come. Such a tragedy. Truly.

http://whnt.com/2016/06/07/court-documents-huntsville-mother-was-working-to-get-full-custody-of-children-before-deaths/

The mother was under an intense amount of stress due to a custody battle. The main crux of the battle was the fact that the inactive father no longer wanted to take his children to church. Details are still scant at this point, but it makes me intensely sad. I know for a fact that a lot of the stress she felt was due to feeling like "damaged goods" in the eyes of her church family, and not seeing any way out of her situation. No excuses for her actions, but my goodness.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 05:28PM

My first wife, STAUNCHLY TBM, used to joke about killing the
kids before they turned 8 years of age and therefore assuring
that they would go straight to the CK.

The problem was that her reasoning, from a Mormon point of view,
was impeccable. I wonder if that kind of reasoning was a factor
here.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 08:52PM

What a tragedy, made more so by the fact that if they all hadn't

been TBM, the thought of suicide and murdering her children might

never have occured to her. How needless.

Posted by: nitrameequc ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 11:35PM

Something about this article & situation sounds REALLY fishy here. I wouldn't be surprised if down the road a bit they find that this wasn't a murder-suicide.
Either way....this is so sad.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 11:59PM

Although there are facts to come out in this case, it so far appears that this could be yet another case connected to the mormon belief system. It is so tragic and so very sad.

I know that mormonism is not the only religion that has deaths, suicides, and murders connected with it, but it sure seems to me that it has an abundance, and has throughout its history.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 12:02AM

LDS religion does convey the myth that children who die before the age of 8 go straight to heaven. So killing your children or others under the age of 8 assured them of the highest degree of heaven. Kinda of like Muslims get 74 virgins. Just myths and stupid doctrine.

Stupid church - stupid doctrine - stupid religion.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 07:25PM

Oddly, in the Mountain Meadows Massacre, children under eight were mostly spared because they had not yet sinned. Even nursing mothers were killed holding their babes in their arms.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 12:28AM

Article states the two dead kids were ages 8 and 10. Hence, according to Mormon doctrine, they DO NOT automatically go to the Celestial Kingdom. That is reserved for children under the age of 8.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 12:35AM

If the mom was TBM, it creates an assumption that both kids had been baptized.

For sure, the notion that her failure to maintain a molly mormon lifestyle could have weighed heavily on her. But THAT heavy?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 12:38AM

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 01:20AM

I second what Dave the Atheist stated:

RELIGION KILLS!!!

Headline after headline. War upon war.

Our religion is right, therefore yours is wrong.

Posted by: byuatheist ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 01:56AM

Therefore we ought to kill the infidels.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 01:49AM

I don't think it was a murder suicide either. I think that perhaps the hubby murdered them all. Just a thought.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 02:06AM

I think it's unfair to assume the ex husband and father killed the ex wife and kids. I have seen nothing in the news to suggest that he killed them. I know a lot of people think that men are inherently brutal, but I've seen a lot of equally brutal females in my day.

I, for one, am withholding judgment on the dad until more information comes out on this case.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 02:14AM

I also think it's unfair at this point to suggest the father killed his ex wife and children until more information is known. At this point, it does look more like a murder-suicide motivated by religion because the mother didn't want her apostate ex-husband to get custody of the children. It shows as others have said, religion kills. That said, I'm withholding judgment until more information is released.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2016 03:58PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 03:22AM

I just looked at Mrs. Foster's Facebook. She posted this article just three days ago. Love God more than you love your spouse...

http://www.faithit.com/debra-fileta-love-god-more-than-your-spouse-best-marriage-relationship-love/?utm_content=buffer69220&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 05:29AM

What a morally bankrupt individual.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 07:42AM

It isn't saying she committed murder/suicide.

I'd reserve judgment on this also because it could have been a targeted hit by her estranged husband. If she was working hard to get full custody then he would've had to pay a lot of child support had she won her court case.

That Mormon bishop doctor in Utah who murdered his wife made it look like she died an accidental death. Only his grown daughters believed he would murder their mother. The police ruled out homicide initially.

It took the girls years, but they persisted and finally got him into court, proving once and for all he is a psychopathic madman who would stop at nothing to get what he wanted. Now he's serving life in penitentiary.

Posted by: Naught Really ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 07:07PM

The only thing a criminal conviction "proves" is that somebody either decided to plead guilty for whatever reason or that a jury decided they would convict for whatever reason.

Factual innocence has little to do with court judgments.

Unfortunate but the system is very imperfect....

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 08:12AM

sad sad story, and such pretty people. the daddy wouldn't help with homework or take them to church? The news story is pulling ideas out of the air. The real reasons for the murder is much deeper.

Posted by: tenaciousd ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 09:08AM

Dear themaster:

It's 72 virgins, not 74.

74 would be absurd.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 09:15AM

Not to mention too tiring

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 09:22AM

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 09:43AM

"Religion poisons everything"

-Christopher Hitchens-

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 10:19AM

I am just sick for the father. The severe acrimony of having a spouse judge your love and need for your children on religion is bad enough, but to possible have that the reason to kill them would be a living hell to have to face.

The Mormon church is disgusting and vile.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 07:12PM

The news article indicates they do not know how they died. NO sign of injury. Not enough information in the article to know if it was suicide/murder as poisoning, or an accident, from my reading.
The cause of death has not been determined according to the report. I'm not sure why they are not waiting for the autopsy before making claims.

Posted by: The Ohio State ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 04:20PM

It is actually the police department that stated it was murder-suicide by the mother. It appears they based this on what they found at the scene. They did not provide much information as is common in an ongoing investigation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3631535/Mother-killed-two-young-children-murder-suicide-amid-bitter-custody-battle.html

The article stated:

"There were no signs of stab wounds or gunshot wounds. An initial police report said it appeared to be a murder-suicide."

The fact that a gun or a knife was not used also increases the probability that she was the perpetrator. Men are statistically more likely to use guns or knives.

Surely there are still many open questions and undoubtedly the ex-husband will be investigated. However, given what information is provided and the initial police statement, I would put a higher probability on her being at fault.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 04:40PM

I think we are rushing into some assumptions here without facts. Authorities aren't even sure it is suicide yet. There are always two sides to every story.

If it was murder/suicide the woman could have had some serious and possibly untreated mental issues not mentioned in the article.

Date: June 09, 2016 04:51PM

Three people dying by natural causes at the same time in the same home is that last thing they are considering.

It makes sense that they'd check for natural gas "poisoning" (in that it displaces oxygen, without which...) and auto exhaust. If those two were immediately ruled out, then the door is open to homicide.

Trying to get a custody agreement changed from "shared" to "sole" simply on the basis of 'he's not mormon anymore' is not a slam dunk. It's easy to speculate that her attorney would have let her know this. If she feared that she wasn't going to have her way, and that her husband (who was probably making in-roads with the kids on the Sundays he had them) would still be in their lives, I can see where with the appropriate derangement she could justify taking the kids' lives and then checking out to be with them.

Life is the ugliest thing you've ever seen.

Posted by: lucenow ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 05:23PM

IMHO, the issue of who killed who is missing the point. Just two weeks ago my wife divorced me because gawd is more important than love. Where does that come from? Religion is the most dangerous source of hate.

We had almost everything in common. I know a lot of people say that, but we truly did. Wonderful intimacy. Hiking. Music. Books. You name it. No marriage is perfect, but it was pretty damn good! Friends for 52 years!

My wife's bishop told her that gawd is more important than your spouse. She went to the temple, fasting and praying. Gawd visited her there and told her to leave me.

She told me it was imperative she have her man attend the temple with her. We're divorced. She still doesn't have her man to attend the temple with, does she. Same situation without companionship and love.

This cult of spiritual and financial thieves are so f**king evil. Every time I even see Bednar I see satan. And that self-righteous, lying Jowls Holland....

The church ruins families. An organization that causes so much disruption has no business writing family proclamations.

There is likely more to the story, but no matter how you slice it, the 'church' had a hand in the murder and suicide! They all know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the 'church' is a fraud, but they gotta have the blood money.

Date: June 09, 2016 05:34PM

lucenow .

So sorry to hear your wife divorced you apparently because her bishop talked her into choosing "gawd" over you. You have a long history. Boggles my mind when I see women do something like this!Total craziness.

Bedner and Holland give me the heebie-jeebies! Can't stand to listen to one more word from them.

I agree, that proclomation in 1995 drew a big line in the sand and set them on this course that is dividing families one after another. Crazy old men!They have no clue what they have done.

Date: June 09, 2016 05:43PM

Holy crap! She threw out 'mercy', 'forgiveness', 'hope'... And probably all for 'image'. Like ghawd could save her if she remained firm in the faith AND married to you.

Sure does make ghawd look petty and vindictive.

Date: June 09, 2016 05:28PM

So many variables. Hopefully, the investigation and autopsies will determine how they died. Why is another matter.
One would hope that she got full custody only to kill all of them so they could all go to the Celestial Kingdom, or some other such religious notion.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.