Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 07:50AM

President Spencer W. Kimball said in a general priesthood meeting:

“Brethren, 225,000 of you are here tonight. I suppose 225,000 of you may become gods. There seems to be plenty of space out there in the universe. And the Lord has proved that he knows how to do it. I think he could make, or probably have us help make, worlds for all of us, for every one of us 225,000.

“Just think of the possibilities, the potential. Every little boy that has just been born becomes an heir to this glorious, glorious program. When he is grown, he meets a lovely woman; they are married in the holy temple. They live all the commandments of the Lord. They keep themselves clean. And then they become sons of God, and they go forward with their great program—they go beyond the angels, beyond the angels and the gods that are waiting there. They go to their exaltation.” (In Conference Report, Oct. 1975, p. 120; or Ensign, Nov. 1975, p. 80 ; see

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gordon B. Stinkley ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 10:00AM

Posted by: hinckmeister ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 08:28PM

Posted by: top ( )
Date: March 09, 2012 11:27AM

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: March 10, 2012 09:14PM

ROTFLMAO

Posted by: A ANON ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 10:46AM

It's all a matter of Ultimate Ego Feeding!

Here's the message for your wildest imagination to feed on:

We are superior! We will rule everyone someday!

If you join us you will be worshiped! You will have more wives and sex than you ever imagined! Enjoy the ultimate in wealth, and power, and fame! Your own planets to rule. Servants everywhere. Mansions. Comfort. The best of foods, and entertainment, and surroundings. Lavish living with no opposition. Rule as you please. Embrace your future. See it in your mind. Nothing is greater....

YOU ARE GOD!

Posted by: druid ( )
Date: March 10, 2012 07:26PM

Mohammed wasn't thinking big enough.
True to Joe Smith's way of thinking he suggests thousands of experienced women...

I would have done it for 27....

Posted by: brett ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 10:58AM

To me it says C-U-L-T

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 11:52AM

getting our own planet!

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: March 09, 2012 03:34PM

planets - plural.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: May 02, 2011 11:54AM

I couldn't get past the "have proved" part. I hate bad verb conjugation.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: jj ( )
Date: March 09, 2012 02:55PM

I'm interested in where JoD3:360 got the quote. I checked the church's website for the talk mentioned and yes, it does start out talking about 225K people but not as you quoted. Maybe they've done a "Poleman" on his talk...

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: March 09, 2012 03:01PM

http://www.lds.org/ensign/1975/11/the-privilege-of-holding-the-priesthood?lang=eng

Brethren, it is a great thrill to think that we are part of a congregation of 225,000 men and boys. Some of you are a little darker, some of you have slant eyes, but you are all men and brethren, and we love you. We are grateful that you are associated with us tonight in this great meeting.

Brethren, 225,000 of you are here tonight. I suppose 225,000 of you may become gods. There seems to be plenty of space out there in the universe. And the Lord has proved that he knows how to do it. I think he could make, or probably have us help make, worlds for all of us, for every one of us 225,000.

Just think of the possibilities, the potential. Every little boy that has just been born becomes an heir to this glorious, glorious program. When he is grown, he meets a lovely woman; they are married in the holy temple. They live all the commandments of the Lord. They keep themselves clean. And then they become sons of God, and they go forward with their great program—they go beyond the angels, beyond the angels and the gods that are waiting there. They go to their exaltation.

Posted by: yin ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 03:16AM

I thought you were summarizing him when you said "slant eyes." I about died when I read that he actually did use the term "slant eyes." Whoa!

Posted by: jj ( )
Date: March 09, 2012 03:10PM

thanks for the link. I found the exact quote pretty far down in the talk. thanks!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 09, 2012 03:13PM

If the women wise up and leave, all those little Gods will be left high and dry.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 09, 2012 03:18PM

? was I one of the 225k?
? was my first son, age 3?
? what about my later (unborn) sons?
? WHAT ABOUT MY DAUGHTERS ???

someone defined intelligence as the ability to notice (Ultra) fine distinctions; Mormonism mimics that by being Uber-judgmental & Hyper-Critical

Fing Cult.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2012 04:45PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: March 09, 2012 03:29PM

What a buncha %$#$

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: March 10, 2012 09:31PM

They axed me to be their manager.

I said "Bulls**t on that!"

Party on, mates!

Timothy

Posted by: drjekyll ( )
Date: March 10, 2012 10:21PM

That is the classic "modern" (if you are fine calling 1975, modern) teaching coming from the very top that men will become gods if and only if they do what the Morg prescribes, and the mention of space out there is very indicative of the widely accepted and publicized (within priesthood meetings at least) idea that planets and worlds will be assigned, inherited, given, what-have-you, to these men-become-gods.

It was repeated in many places and on many occasions in referencing and expounding that exact teaching... men-become-gods and those men-become-gods populate planets where more Earth-like/probationary states test and allow future spirits to progress in spirituality.

If they are now running from SWK's teachings then we really know that the Morg is on the run... the stone cut outta the mountain is more like the one about to crush Indiana Jones (but in this case Indy is a smooth-talking religious snake-oil salesman on the wrong side of ethics and integrity) rather than the type of stone that JS said would fill the Earth!

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 03:23AM

What pharmaceutical was he on that day?? Crazy talk.

And this obcession of keeping oneself clean, pure and virtuous is just as nutty.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 08:45AM

Hopefully, many have kicked the bucket before now, since, the god option is no longer available.

Posted by: Mittens Romney ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 09:24AM

In 1975 I was 14 years old and my little factory was in full production. I could have populated dozens of planets. . .

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.